Nvidia has officially raised the prices of its RTX 30-Series GPUs in Europe.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 24, 2022.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Until when... lol
    Even compared to cypto curve the inflation rise faster (electricity cost that have doubled in 2 month in here as an exemple)... :(

2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    At near 4000 Euro in shop i won't buy a RTX 3090, even more when RX 6900XT is at 1600 / 1700 Euro depending on the brand :)

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    FE msrp has nothing to do with AIB msrp

Scan stopped supplying europe after brexit

4. barbacot

barbacot Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080 Strix OC
    With these prices and times I seriously think that PC gaming is in agony...consoles FTW???

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Consoles got the advantage that the contracts Sony and Microsoft have with AMD most likely protects from price increases which is why they won't sell for more than MSRP.

barbacot likes this.
  6. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Got an offer series S swap for a GPU and i refused. PC ftw!

barbacot, chispy and cucaulay malkin like this.
  8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Nothing like some good news to start the week...

9. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    I read somewhere that with the value of crypto heading South and the cost of utilities heading North, it can take three years for a 3090 to pay for itself. Im laughing because somebody i know who is a self proclaimed expert has recently borrowed the money for three 3090's to mine ha ha ha ha

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Depends on where you live. Electricity by me is .18c per kw/hr - which makes a 3090 mine at about ~$2.75 per day with current pricing, which means you could pay it off in roughly 20 months if you get it for MSRP.

But it's not that black and white either because you don't have to convert it to dollars, you can hold it as bitcoin/eth whatever and just wait until prices increase again.. which will most likely happen with the new GPUs. You could also stake the ETH and wait for 2.0 and collect interest on it in the meantime.

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    well that's not really an offer
    you can do that just like this

12. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Ive been trying to upgrade my 1080ti for sometime now and by the looks of things im going to be using it for sometime to come, I refuse to pay the prices that retailers are asking...... there just way over the top.....

fredgml7, Robbo9999 and DanielRX like this.
  13. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Atm rich people benefit a lot from crypto i.e. they are getting richer. Politicians are for the most part among rich people so they have no incentive to pass any laws to regulate crypto and mining. Obviously they should do it cause that's technically their job but we all know they don't give a flying rat about doing their job. There is no reason whatsoever for crypto and mining to not be regulated. They will do it once they made enough money with it and once it will become impossible to be elected without promising to do something about it. When it comes to politicians it's all about votes and getting rich and powerful. None of them care about the people they represent.

Silva likes this.
  14. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    are you having a bad day ? if the answer is yes, read this :
    my 3090 started degrading (black screens once in a while) and yesterday it died it started crashing from games then desktop and now it's not even showing the bios I'm typing this on igpu, lucky I switched to Intel recently
    [​IMG]
    it didn't come from nowhere it suffered a "new world" type of event with 2000fps in forza horizon 5 menus which tripped the psu hard and there was a very distinct smell of dead electronic, so I had time to prepare mentally, bought early before the trump tariffs and the prices going bonkers but still

time to leave my cave and do something else, freedom ! :confused: I will try to fix it but it's not going to be tomorrow

and +1 to Silva the shortage is impacting not only gpus not only consumer or professionlal electronics but almost everything, rare metals are also used to make metallic alliages, construction materials are skyrocketing too, I saw announcements like "starting next month prices will be +30% due to the shortages" and when your building a bridge or skyscraper all you can say is "okay"

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    Pryme and alanm like this.
  15. RED.Misfit

RED.Misfit Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    The crypto bubble is beginning its collapse. I have seen a lot of GPU in stock (compared to the situation since fall 2020), stocks (market) are falling as fast as crypto price. GPU prices will follow the trend, but it will probably takes weeks if not months to get closer to the MSRP.

Airbud likes this.

16. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    Awesome, this means scalpers and retailers can raise their prices another $500-1K, and the sheeple will fall in line....

17. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    NO NVIDIA!!!!!

Raise the price up to 25%!!!!

You're already in the highest league of the elites!

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Maybe for a minority who put gaming above other life priorities. For the majority, they will likely skip their usual 2-3 year upgrade cycle and extend it to 5-6 years. No GPU maker or retailer will extract more out of me than before. My choice is easy. Its not like an addiction to heroin where one goes through severe withdrawal symptoms. Though some ppl here act and behave like that. :D

screwtech02 and fredgml7 like this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I usual do new gpu every 2-3 years and new build ever 5 or more years, which mean each system build see at lest 2 gpu, With prices as they are right now my 1070ti will die before i buy new gpu, and if gpu price dont stop this nonses I will just use igpu on my cpu till whole system dies.

I already mostly game on consoles, if price remain as stupid as they going if whole system bites the dust I will just not use pc for gaming of anykind

fredgml7 likes this.
  20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG 6900XT@2.3Ghz
    Poor people are also getting richer, and rich people are getting poorer, both at the hands of investments and mining. The reasons for personal wealth are not just down to earnings or investment acumen.