nVidia GTX295 Code 12

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by mwpeck, Aug 25, 2011.

1. mwpeck

mwpeck Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    In short, earlier today my GTX295 started showing only one card (the Device Manager went from 2 entries down to one, AIDA64 went from 2 GPU entires down to one, and the SLI readout from AIDA went from Enabled to Disabled), I went to the device manager and hit Scan for Hardware Changes, and the second card appeared again, with an exclamation mark, upon viewing the properties, it said: "Code 12. This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use.". So off I went googling for the answer, and I tried the following 3 fixes:

1. Update drivers.
    2. Update BIOS.
    3. bcdedit /set CONFIGACCESSPOLICY DISALLOWMMCONFIG
    4. Reseat RAM
    5. Uninstall nVidia drivers, then Realtek drivers (was told there was a possible conflict between them) then reinstalled nVidia drivers and still nada.

Neither of them worked, and after turning the above bcdedit back to its default, Device Manager no longer shows the second card and scanning for new hardware does not change anything.

Wonky Windows install or could it be some other issue? I just reinstalled my system a few weeks ago, I really don't want to reinstall it again just to "attempt" to fix the issue.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Remove the card and reseat. Or just unplug the psu for a minute