NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 3DMark Benchmark Results

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We talked about the GeForce GTX 1070 Ti for numerous times now, it was bound to happen as the first 3DMark results have arrived of the product. Benchmark results for the GTX 1070 Ti for 3DMark Fire St...

NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 3DMark Benchmark Results

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Very reasonable position performance wise.

Hopefully non-OC rumors are false. I would love to have this GPU and overclock it up to GTX1080 level.
    Also don't go over $429 please!

Robbo9999 likes this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    How can you force an OC (clock) cap, assuming it's made on software level not hardware? If that's the case, a Flash should remove it?

All in all it beats Vega 56, so I guess that was its main purpose.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Well i get 6325 with my Evga 1070FTW and time spy doesn't even use boost so runs my 1070ftw card at 1607mhz for the gpu tests and yet my games use boost at 2000mhz or just below, either way....not worth the upgrade, shame they kept it in the draw so long.

5. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    In theory you could only sell lower binned cards which will refuse to clock further because the hardware can't do it.
    But practically, that's financial suicide. So it's surely gonna be a software barrier.

Not sure if you can handicap the card afterwards though. Works for taking out cores but I doubt you can do something about the clocks, not accurately at least.
    Or perhaps it's better if we don't give them any ideas.

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

Indeed it's a matter of BIOS and what's flashed onto it. Yet, as there is no real vbios editing for Pascal, it's fairly reasonable to be limited that way, and probably hard to get around unless the AIB partners start to put their own, overclocked versions out. Before that happens, there probably won't be any way to surpass the BIOS limitation.

cryohellinc likes this.
  7. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Timespy does use boost, it gives a valid test but it just gives a score of 0, also i use Evga precision XOC to monitor gpu and cpu so stop talking out your a$$
    http://www.3dmark.com/spy/2568869 .....from an earlier test(the only test that validated today but power set to opitmal).

Dont people just hate it when they are proved wrong.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Even if the rumours are true that it can't OC i think this card still does what it is intended to do, i mean the score is only 7-8% of a GTX 1080... that being said i don't see why it couldn't overclock, nvidia has never really stopped people before even on the M series least from my experience

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I know the FTW is supposed to be 1797 but mine boosts to 2000....maybe the fixed bios changed that or the Fujipoly thermal pads do a better job than the bog standard pads that were fitted or maybe evga precision wasnt displaying the boost clocks on that run...but any way my point is the ti doesnt give enough boost over what i have now to warrant losing money to sell my FTW and spending even more money on the ti for a few extra fps.

11. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    They don't want people to buy the cheaper 1070Ti and OC it to 1080 levels, not complicated really.

12. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    My msi 1070 runs extreme with a score of 8722 (OVERCLOCKED THOUGH)on an old 1155 2700k ,never upgraded from 1155 as no point as already running better than the Ti and vanilla 1080 and yes timespy should run max clock as mine shows 2060mhz on gpu in afterburner in all tests apart from cpu only tests. if yours isnt something may be wrong try fresh driver install...

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13812295

13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    is this your 24/7 overclock ? if yes ! damn nice score brother !

14. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    yep 24/7 apart from the mandatory downclock to 139mhz when in 2d..

15. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    absolutely no reason to stress the card or burn the electricity when you are on desktop :p nice nice !

16. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Wasn't this discussed previously, that the "OC handicap" it simply means that AIB partners cannot offer factory OC variants of the cards and all 1070Ti will have same base/boost BUT can be OC'ed manually?

Quote from Hilbert's article:

"is that the clock frequency cannot be changed by board partners (factory tweaks) by the AIB partners, e.g. all cards would be clocked the same 1607/1683 MHz base boost clock. "

And from the rough translation of Expreview:

"regardless of which you buy a GTX 1070 Ti their frequency will be fixed at 1607MHz-1683MHz , if you want to be stronger performance only Can be manual overclocking"

Or did I miss anything new? :p

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Had to re-install 3d mark to get it to work just the once.

18. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    The reason i said boost wasnt being used was because evry time i looked at precision Xoc it was showing non turbo settings...but apparently it does that for a few seconds before switching to turbo which i was not seeing.

konta likes this.
  19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
  20. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    There are some rumours that even software overclocking may be banned. I don't think that's gonna happen though, it's just not necessary, would just piss people off, and wouldn't be in NVidia's interest to place an overclocking ban on one of their cards. Pretty sure it won't happen.