NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 3DMark Benchmark Results

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We talked about the GeForce GTX 1070 Ti for numerous times now, it was bound to happen as the first 3DMark results have arrived of the product. Benchmark results for the GTX 1070 Ti for 3DMark Fire St...

NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti 3DMark Benchmark Results

2. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD / NVIDIA
    Very reasonable position performance wise.

Hopefully non-OC rumors are false. I would love to have this GPU and overclock it up to GTX1080 level.
    Also don't go over $429 please!

Robbo9999 likes this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti SeaHawkX@2k+PG348Q
    How can you force an OC (clock) cap, assuming it's made on software level not hardware? If that's the case, a Flash should remove it?

All in all it beats Vega 56, so I guess that was its main purpose.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070FTW
    Well i get 6325 with my Evga 1070FTW and time spy doesn't even use boost so runs my 1070ftw card at 1607mhz for the gpu tests and yet my games use boost at 2000mhz or just below, either way....not worth the upgrade, shame they kept it in the draw so long.

5. xIcarus

xIcarus Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti AORUS
    In theory you could only sell lower binned cards which will refuse to clock further because the hardware can't do it.
    But practically, that's financial suicide. So it's surely gonna be a software barrier.

Not sure if you can handicap the card afterwards though. Works for taking out cores but I doubt you can do something about the clocks, not accurately at least.
    Or perhaps it's better if we don't give them any ideas.

cryohellinc likes this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o

Indeed it's a matter of BIOS and what's flashed onto it. Yet, as there is no real vbios editing for Pascal, it's fairly reasonable to be limited that way, and probably hard to get around unless the AIB partners start to put their own, overclocked versions out. Before that happens, there probably won't be any way to surpass the BIOS limitation.

cryohellinc likes this.
  7. konta

konta Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 1070
    time spy doesnt use boost? wth are you on about rofl... it uses all the boost it can and without boost you would not brake the 6000 marks mark... open a monitoring software first and talk second lolol

also the screenshot shows graphics score of 6777 not 6816 as the guru3d chart does... what gives?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    Robbo9999 likes this.
  8. beta-sama

beta-sama Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS GTX1080Ti WF

9. konta

konta Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 1070
    yeah i see now there are 2 sets of results on videocardz.com and only one is backed up with a screenshot... the lower one...

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070FTW
    Timespy does use boost, it gives a valid test but it just gives a score of 0, also i use Evga precision XOC to monitor gpu and cpu so stop talking out your a$$
    http://www.3dmark.com/spy/2568869 .....from an earlier test(the only test that validated today but power set to opitmal).

Dont people just hate it when they are proved wrong.

11. konta

konta Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 1070
    it does

ofc it does, it says 2000Mhz right there on your screenshot

on that screenshot where core clock is 2000Mhz theres a valid result that isnt 0, its 6325 (as expected for that level of boost)

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08G-P4-6276-KR - theres no FTW card that officially does 2000Mhz = thats a boost clock

tbh i have no idea what you are saying

12. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Light
    Even if the rumours are true that it can't OC i think this card still does what it is intended to do, i mean the score is only 7-8% of a GTX 1080... that being said i don't see why it couldn't overclock, nvidia has never really stopped people before even on the M series least from my experience

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1070FTW
    I know the FTW is supposed to be 1797 but mine boosts to 2000....maybe the fixed bios changed that or the Fujipoly thermal pads do a better job than the bog standard pads that were fitted or maybe evga precision wasnt displaying the boost clocks on that run...but any way my point is the ti doesnt give enough boost over what i have now to warrant losing money to sell my FTW and spending even more money on the ti for a few extra fps.

14. konta

konta Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte g1 1070
    you got that right, it prolly wont be cost effective for 1070 owners to go 1070Ti, no one said thats the issue

the boost clock (as it works on pascal) that your manufacturer specifies is only the minimum boost clock they guarantee the card will work at, thats 1797Mhz... doesnt mean that is your max boost clock... the max boost clock is determined by voltage/frequency curve and after that by power available and thermal headroom... your issue is you thinking that 6325 is a non boosted 1607Mhz score when its far from it... it is a score of a chip running at 2000Mhz as everything else points at...

you do not have more in games than you have in time spy, you have exactly the same, probably less since after a while of hard gaming (oposed to 3 min time spy run) that card will heat up and lower the clock... probably closer to 1797 than 2000 but seems thats "quantum theory" for you...

Robbo9999 likes this.
  15. Matt26LFC

Matt26LFC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 / Many others
    They don't want people to buy the cheaper 1070Ti and OC it to 1080 levels, not complicated really.

16. robbo247

robbo247 Member

GPU:
    1070 8gb
    My msi 1070 runs extreme with a score of 8722 (OVERCLOCKED THOUGH)on an old 1155 2700k ,never upgraded from 1155 as no point as already running better than the Ti and vanilla 1080 and yes timespy should run max clock as mine shows 2060mhz on gpu in afterburner in all tests apart from cpu only tests. if yours isnt something may be wrong try fresh driver install...

https://www.3dmark.com/fs/13812295

17. Venix

Venix Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 770 2gb
    is this your 24/7 overclock ? if yes ! damn nice score brother !

18. robbo247

robbo247 Member

GPU:
    1070 8gb
    yep 24/7 apart from the mandatory downclock to 139mhz when in 2d..

19. Venix

Venix Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 770 2gb
    absolutely no reason to stress the card or burn the electricity when you are on desktop :p nice nice !

20. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Wasn't this discussed previously, that the "OC handicap" it simply means that AIB partners cannot offer factory OC variants of the cards and all 1070Ti will have same base/boost BUT can be OC'ed manually?

Quote from Hilbert's article:

"is that the clock frequency cannot be changed by board partners (factory tweaks) by the AIB partners, e.g. all cards would be clocked the same 1607/1683 MHz base boost clock. "

And from the rough translation of Expreview:

"regardless of which you buy a GTX 1070 Ti their frequency will be fixed at 1607MHz-1683MHz , if you want to be stronger performance only Can be manual overclocking"

Or did I miss anything new? :p

fantaskarsef likes this.