Nvidia Get Your Act Together

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mr.Athlon, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Nothing is cheaper in Canada. You buy a vid card in the US for 400 bucks? We pay 700 Canadian for the same card. It doesn`t matter bout the dollar differences. What matters is, we have to work almost 50% longer to be able to afford the same god damned card.

2. Nothing is cheap anywhere, not just in CANADA. :D

but somebody must buy the stuff you know, the lesson learned is that CPU counts little today in terms of gaming, as soon as you throw games @ 1280x1024 your 3Dcard is the owner of the game.

i think SLI is not yet mature enough, that's why i didnt switch yet, even though i can buy anything i want, good things come to those that wait....somebody said :D

3. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    whats wrong with your drivers?eh :p

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  4. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    The only gripe one can have with nVidia, is the Direct Access user cp in the 81.xx drivers. Activating it can put one's monitor out of spec, that may or may not be recoverable. nVidia dropped the ball on this one. They should only concern themselves with making drivers for THEIR own hardware, not some other manufacturers hardware.

However, regarding support for NF1, 2, 3 boards, well they did support the hell out out of the NF2 boards. I ran one for the better part of a year and a half before getting my NF3 this summer. The initial NF2 drivers, as compared to the 5.10's, are awful. The NF2 drivers are fully matured. Regarding the NF3 boards, if you have a NF3 250 Gb, then you can run the NF4 and the Gart driver from an earlier package. The NF2 and NF3 platforms are fully matured and don't really require any more drivers. Their performances are well documented and the current drivers harness that peformance. That's why I went with a NF3 board as opposed to a NF4 board. Mature board, less problems, and just the back side of cutting edge. As far as performance is concerned, the rest is up to you to optimize your RAM and the rest of your system. : p

5. garikfox

garikfox Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
  6. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    Yes this is so true, you don't see me complaining

7. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

...i am...lol.. dodgy agp support

8. Antichrysler

Antichrysler Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870 512mb
    Well if the 5.10 driver is so damn perfect why is it that i get much better performance from the 6.xx beta drivers i'm running.Why are there all the remixes,why use nf4 drivers?

9. Chade

Chade Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3080 OC
    Because some people like yourself buy into the placebo effect of 'if it's newer, it must be better.'

The beta nForce 2 drivers offer no performance improvement over the 5.10, i know i've tried them all, anytime a new driver surfaces i try them just out of curiosity. The only reason to use the beta nForce drivers is for the more stable IDE drivers, everything else offers ZERO performance improvement over the 5.10. I'm also using the 81.87 Forceware drivers and they work flawlessly in everygame i play, HL2/CSS, BF2, Sims 2, B&W2, Doom 3, Quake 4, FEAR, GTA:SA. I'm still seeing performance improvements for my 6800GT with newer drivers even though the cards were released around 20 months ago, that is damn good support.

I'm still usng an nForce 2 motherboard and i can accept than the drivers aren't going to be updated anymore, these motherboards are YEARS old now, if you want the latest driver support then buy the latest hardware, end of story.

10. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

the nforce4 drivers optimise the IDE BUS driver better so you get better hdd speeds

11. Chade

Chade Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 3080 OC
    According to Sisoft Sandra the performance of my HDD's is the same, but they do offer better transfer rates from my DVD-Writer when ripping music or such, actually not so much better transfer rates more that it seems to get upto it's maximum speed a lot sooner than with older drivers. Some older nForce IDE drivers also have problems when moving/copying large files like 2GB+ in size and used to cause system freezes.

But like i said the only reason to install newer nForce drivers than the 5.10 is for IDE driver.;)