NVIDIA GeForce Version 430.39 WHQL - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ancymon, Apr 23, 2019.

1. feidlimid

feidlimid Member

GPU:
    N/A
    Nvidia have acknowledged a bug in these drivers and they are working on a fix here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/...hread-released-4-23-19-/post/6036972/#6036972

Blocking anything Nvidia related with my interactive ESET firewall stops Nvidia collecting anything about me to harvest. I would encourage others to use an interactive firewall to block activities such as Nvidia's or use Windows Firewall to deny access.

2. jrolson

jrolson Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The high CPU fix made it to Softpedia News! :D But a little late...

https://news.softpedia.com/news/nvidia-drivers-causing-high-cpu-usage-on-windows-10-525815.shtml

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  3. XFAktOR

XFAktOR New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX AMP!
    Don't know if its been mentioned yet or not, but there's another bug in these drivers. I've reverted to 425.31, which was fine.

BUG: The fullscreen player controls do not hide after ~3 seconds, when HTML5 video playback in the Netflix Win10 App occurs. This also happens in MS Edge. Firefox and Chrome seem to be unaffected, but at the same time they don't support 1080p or higher resolution playback of Netflix content (source).

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you let me know if you are still seeing this same issue with our newest hotfix driver we released yesterday? We were able to reproduce this with driver 430.39 but we are unable to get any kind of repro with our hotfix driver.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4798

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I am not seeing this problem. Can you fill out the driver feedback form below and include the name of a title you are seeing this problem with?

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

6. ScottishPickle

ScottishPickle Member

GPU:
    8gb DDR3 1666
    Does anyone have a fresh link to these drivers?

7. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    It is absurd and dishonest that you would claim I asserted that the ONLY thing that could be posted here was benchmarks. My complaint was clearly about HIS complaint about benchmarks being posted here. Not only are you blatantly dishonest, you ignored the context of my posts. Yes, you are sorry. Don't even bother replying unless you're on your knees with an apology. You actually got likes for that garbage.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

So do I. Of course the context of my post was someone COMPLAINING ABOUT BENCHMARKS BEING POSTED, not others posting their issues or technical disscusions. On the other hand, they could start their own thread for discussing breaking...er removing telemetry. The level of literacy here.... It might seem harsh but...holy cow... I do not like being misrepresented or lied about. Thanks.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I didn't quote you directly because it wasn't exactly aimed at you. I didn't misrepresent or lie to anyone.. seems a little crazy and out of touch to make it be, imo. In all honesty it was aimed at the concept and continued posts from users (not just you) complaining about people wanting to discuss technical things. It's a problem here that I've noticed and not just from this topic. I directly quoted @jrolson for a reason. I was supporting his statement and not arguing your direct one. What he said was right, and I agreed. If that indirectly made you feel bad then I'm sorry.. but too many people on these forums seem to have a problem with discussing technical issues that don't affect them. Sorry if that offended you somehow... but again it wasn't directed at you specifically so maybe you shouldn't take it so personally?

tiliarou likes this.
  13. XFAktOR

XFAktOR New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX AMP!
    Hi ManuelG!

As I've stated previously, this occurred in the NETFLIX Windows 10 App and Microsoft Edge. The only applications certified by Netflix for 1080p and 4K playback in their HTML5 player. Other browsers (Firefox, Chrome, etc.) have limitations and do not support playback of Netflix content at resolutions higher than 720p (Netflix Reference Article) and thus were not affected by the issue that I've described.

I've also submitted the issue through your indicated survey. :)

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Works for me on both.

15. XFAktOR

XFAktOR New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX AMP!
    Yes, it does hide on LMB click, but only momentarily. It does the hide animation then comes back up again, so it is clearly held up by something from the driver's side.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Check any controllers and see if they are being pressed, the netflix app supports xinput controllers. I can't reproduce this with the 430 drivers and we've watched a lot of netflix the last few days.

17. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I'm still not seeing this and I'm not seeing anything in your system config that could be cause this issue and I'm still not seeing this problem. Can you share what your input devices are (keyboard/mouse/gamepads)?

18. XFAktOR

XFAktOR New Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX AMP!
    I do use a Xbox controller occasionally, but it was disconnected from the PC when this started occurring. Furthermore, the issue popped up after the driver update and disappeared immediately after I reverted to 425.31.

Just in case this does help, my peripherals are, Logitech G403 wired mouse & a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 keyboard. The Logitech Gaming Software is always running in the background.

19. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Any chance you could uninstall the Logitech mouse software and reboot your PC and see if the issue persists? I have a different Logitech mouse but I did not see this issue when I tried it on my home PC. I am using Logitech's new Logitech G HUB software:

https://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g403-prodigy-wired-gaming-mouse/downloads

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti