NVIDIA GeForce Titan With 6 GB Memory and 235W TDP

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by SLI-756, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    have you allready see HH do this ? ...

This Morning we have got the luck to get a new article with same spec and same 3Dmark 11 , where one said he have the card.

http://www.arabpcworld.com/?p=25911
    http://www.overclockers.ru/hardnews/51993/GeForce_Titan_po_sledam_pervyh_benchmarkov.html

Photos of the article:
    [​IMG]

Too bad... 4 hours later, someone find this is the Tesla K20x ( worsktation ) taken from an other review but after remove the " Tesla " white text on it.

[​IMG]

I dont say, the spec are wrong or right, or the performance real or not.. Just this make 10 years we see this type of things... I think im bored of the rumors mills before a launch of sites who want some click and read the same rumors again and again on 50 sites later.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Are you going to get a Titan or hold out for GPU's in Q4 2013?

3. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    Welcome to the consumer based society where profit and bonuses trump over quality of products or services. :3eyes:

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    he has a point mind you...only got a few titles atm I enjoy playing.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Ideally Titan as I'm getting married in the summer so god knows how my finances will be after than.
    It also depends if it ships with 6GB or not, and if its no more than £750.

It will probably be my last GPU for a very long time so need something to last for at least a few years, two 780's or whatever they may be called might be similar priced and probably faster but I really don't want to deal with SLI.

AMD's next gen also interest me for the first time in years, not because of the hardware but because they are taking a big interest in game support for the first time in a good while.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    So Tesla K20x GK110 scores ~ X7300..

Geforce variant could be even faster because of faster base clock, I doubt they will use such low clock.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I want to see actual verification of this...either from Hilbert or NVidia themselves. Until one of the 2 speaks up....I still call this nothing but a BS rumor...

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I'm not buying into any more bull****, call me when review sites get delivery.

9. Nono06

Nono06 Master Guru

GPU:
    680 GTX SLI (1215/6884)
    I'm pretty sure that tesla cards cannot render any frame therefore cannot be used in any graphical benchmark.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    He does indeed have a point, even though its nice to have the new hardware, There is hardly anything out there to use it or even make use of older generation of hardware.

My next upgrade will either be another 690 or a Maxwell GPU.

Depends entirely what games comes out.

Wether i play those game(s) enough to warrant a second 690/Maxwell.

Wether the 690 drops to a price that i see as reasonable considering its maybe around 2 years old or more.

12. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    It's fun to speculate but that's all it ever is.

PhysX motion titties. Ahaha

13. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    1024x768 ass-kicker
    Lol, kinda grumpy but more right than wrong. I look at how much I've spent on hardware in the last 10 years and I'm a bit ashamed actually. Has it been worth it? Has the innovation in gameplay matched that of graphics? I remember playing Stalker in 2007 for the first time on a crappy CRT in dx8 and being completely sucked into the gameworld. Since then I've bought three high end graphics cards, motherboards, cpu's etc. but I've yet to feel the same wow in newer games. Take Crysis 3, for example. Sure, with the latest and greatest you'll be able to max it out and it'll look pretty but at the end of the day you'll still be playing the same game with the same crappy mechanics and ai that is available on aging consoles. If someone is that anal about IQ and they've got a ton of money to burn, why not go travel to exotic locations. I hear that the Amazon looks even better than Far Cry 3 downsampled with 8X MSAA.

Anyways, I realize that many here are hardware enthusiasts and hardware enthusiast =/= gameplay enthusiast. Half of those who buy Titan will probably spend more time running 3DMark and posting their results on forums than playing games :).

14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Another thing to note, as a hobbyist tweaking and benching are part of the thrill of owning a high end rig, not just playing games, but see how far we can take the hardware. I game plenty, but I enjoy tweaking and pushing hardware just as much.

15. Nono06

Nono06 Master Guru

GPU:
    680 GTX SLI (1215/6884)
    Maybe not the correct place to debate that but I do see what your link is supposed to show.

Nvidia put in place the Maximus technology few months back that let combine a quadro and a tesla card in the same system.
    The quadro is there for the rendering and the tesla for the raw computation:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/maximus-for-manufacturing-industries.html

I never saw or heard about a tesla card having a display output but I could be wrong.

http://www.nvidia.com/content/PDF/kepler/Tesla-K20-Active-BD-06499-001-v02.pdf

KEY FEATURES
    GPU
    Number of processor cores: 2496
    Processor core clock: 706 MHz
    Package size: 45 mm × 45 mm 2397-pin flip chip ball grid array (S-FCBGA)

Board
    PCI Express Gen2 ×16 system interface
    Physical dimensions: 4.376 inches × 10.5 inches, dual-slot

Display Connectors
    None

Power Connectors
    Two 6-pin PCI Express power connectors

Memory
    Memory clock: 2.6 GHz
    Memory bandwidth: 208 GB/sec
    Interface: 320-bit
    ● Total board memory: 5 GB
    ● 20 pieces of 128M × 16 GDDR5, SDRAM

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Maybe its a SE ;), anyway it doesnt matter.

Those that question GK110 power, wait till you see Unreal 4 and Luminous engine in various games (very soon) and then complain if its still to much power :p

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
  19. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Sorry my bad K20 and not K20x ... Im so used to see spec of the K20x now since all this rumors spec, i have do the misstake myself.

The K20x cant be find outside system like Crays ( on a rack ( 4cpu ( AMD ) + 2 GPU ). And cant be coupled to a 2600K .

The K20 can be find on the form of a workstation part... but there's no video output, its an accelerator... basically you use it for the computing parts coupled in a system. ( you can put 4 accelerators in a case, and you send the computing task to it )

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  20. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    suggested price will be as much as 2x670 (or 2x770) ;)