NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 Ti gets 21 Gbps Micron GDDR6X memory

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Dont get me wrong cooler looks beastly but findings are that isnt any better than a basic eagle version of the card. Actually it was quite noiser .

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    There are build quality issues.
    I found part of my core wasnt pasted resulting in raised temps and no overclock ability unless power target was maxed.
    And they are one of the cards that use poor quality thermal pads on the ram resulting in high ram temps at stock speeds (I got 94C playing Cyberpunk, 21C ambient).
    I fitted a 1080ti core cooler on my cards backplate, with a silent fan that dropped max ram temps approx 10C such that it can now overclock 700MHz.

The card and cooler are very good, let down by lack of care by Gigabyte.

ps I forgot I repasted the card but even before that it was better than that review.
    My guess is they had even worse problems than me so it probably is fair to label these cards badly unless you intend on putting it right yourself.
    A good project card lol.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    I agree gigabyte dropped the ball on this one and its a shame with all that marketed full cover 4slot cooler. As the new rev2 is out they probably fixed some of the issues or its just LHR ver. :D