1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVIDIA: GeForce RTX 2070 Available October 17th

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 25, 2018.

1. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    seems like 1080 gonna stomp this pile of overpriced junk, and along with the 1080ti, they gonna be the only cards that gonna sell out very fast.

Those turing cards seems worse day by day...

2. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Even if RTX is successful I wouldn't want an RTX card right now, they're shooting for 60fps at 1080p on the 2080Ti and I'm shooting for 120fps at 3440x1440. If you actually want the RTX features it's still better to wait for the next gen on 7nm because by then the games will actually be out and the cards will be powerful enough to run them at reasonable resolutions and/or framerates.

I'm not buying a $1200 card in 2018 to play games at the same resolution as I did in 2008 for less money. Actually a lower resolution because even then I had 1920x1200.

3. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    frack 'em. I'm taking a hiking vacation to Colorado instead of a new card. I have a backlog the size of Texas and tons of games to play through emulation.

moab600 likes this.
  4. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    Same, hehe staying with mine 980TI and going to multi vacations in two weeks :), much better value than any PC part .

DeskStar likes this.

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    I've got it..... NVidias pricing is accounting for the new tariffs put into place.

They're just ahead of the proverbial pricing curve is all....

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA...... And people scoffed when I bought four TITANs.

6. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Already did the same here. Took a nice three week vacation right on the ocean before the crazy weather cropped up...

7. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    That's awesome :), have yet to decide where to go, but since i'm a hobbist photogrpaher(rocking Nikon D850), i might go to... JAPAN :)

DeskStar likes this.
  8. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    Japan is amazing and you'll get and experience loads of fond memories. The people are so polite that it's bad manners to even use a Mobile phone on public transport.

Tokyo @ night with ya D850 will be sweet. Just don't come home and buy a 2070 RTX to look at those pictures and you'll be fine. 2020 7nm YES PLEASE but from me Nvidia can take a running jump if they think i'm gonna buy low end card for high end money. I already phoned Scan UK to ask about availability of 1080's/1080Ti and was told to hurry if i want one because EVERYBODY seems to now want 10XX cards.

moab600 likes this.
  9. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6G Armor
    as if any seller ever told you to wait and not to rush to give them money. :rolleyes:

10. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1 Gaming
    Hahaha i know right but i actually know the guy pretty well and he has no dog in the race. Plus i also know for a fact that 2070 with RTX on will get you 30fps so GL selling those for RTX games.

Nvidia are calling this release as Graphics Reinvented and i'm calling BS on that and saying no not reinvented just something extra added like when we got Phsyx added to gfx cards.

11. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1060 6G Armor
    I like nothing about the current state of RX cards, I was merely commenting "on hurry up and buy" thing :) I don't believe the stocks will go empty anytime soon tbh, but that's just my opinion, based on some experience I personally have with the stocks of those cards.

12. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    I was hoping my brother-in-law was going to get stationed in Japan. All the more reason for me to go. Enjoy botha! And we all want to see some fabulous photos...!

13. DeskStar

DeskStar Master Guru

GPU:
    4 eVGA GTX TITAN SC
    I'm all about the real time ray tracing they're implementing into todays' tech both hardware and software alike.

It's always hard to bite down on something that is truly groundbreaking and or revolutionary in its earliest state. I guess if AMD follows suit then it'll be a dead giveaway that this is something that is going to stick around.

I have always wished that the "tech" just wasn't proprietary to one side of the market so that everyone can benefit from advancements made from both sides. As opposed to trying to hinder performance as a whole on the other sides hardware.

I do not believe this is something along the lines of PhysX at all in the fact that this is something truly tangible in comparison. Opposed to just offloading computations from one place to another this is as BA as SSR was when it was implemented years ago.