Nvidia Geforce Notebook 344.24 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 7, 2014.

1. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    got the DSR workin with media player classic.

[​IMG]

2. Andrw0830

Andrw0830 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 740M/ Intel 4600
    I did get the Nvidia GPU to work in Win 10, maybe the couple Directx 12 files is interfering with DirectCompute 5.0. To get it to work, I used Intel's drive from May .3621 version as suggested by the Windows 10 drivers thread.

3. spirit_66

spirit_66 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI DirectCU 6GB
  4. whitespider

whitespider Guest

GPU:
    Just to clarify, the reason that DSR has a higher performance hit than gedosato is because it's doing some more advanced things behind the curtains.

If you ran a custom resolution prior to DSR, it would use a bilinear filter to downscale the image to your screen. This created a blurry look. DSR applies a custom-made 13-tap Gaussian filter. You know brokeh depth of field? (The dx11 batman games used it, skyrim uses it with it's ENB mods, and many other modern games use it)

They are basically using a similar system to downscale the image. So it fills the pixels better. This creates (At least from what i can tell after hours of testing games at 1.2x upwards) a far better image. For example, sleeping dogs uses SSAA 4x for it's very high preset, that's 3840x2160 when running 1920x1080p, and higher when running my screen resolution of 2560x1440. When I run DSR at 3840x2160 (which is lower AA than Very high in sleeping dogs by about 75% because of my native 2560x1440 resolution) it looks better than "very high" with smoothness set to 40% to 80% (personal preference)

The witcher 2, looks incredible, because it's already using depth of field, so the effect is amplified by DSR (because remember DSR uses a similar system to brokeh depth of field, which means that it's essentially converting the witcher 2's more humble depth of field into a higher quality kind).

So yeah, DSR is promising. It can in some games look better @ 1.2x than if you downsampled a much higher resolution with the old driver forcing system or gedosato. So in that sense DSR is premium quality. The downside being the huge fps hit. So i'd recommend you only go slightly up when you can afford it. And only in games that you can't get regular Sparse grid supersampling out of. Still, it can be very attractive, and it gives us a lot of options with graphics.

(such as combining AA + DSR in older games)

My only problem with it so far is that it seems to disabled driver forced HBAO+. Which is criminal. Still looking into that issue.

5. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I had the same problem. I tried with SLI off, like some people mentioned in this thread, but it didnt work. I did notice they removed 'Nvidia Quality Upscaling' bit that was showing in Nvidia Inspector with the 344.11 driver. Not sure if thats related.

The only way i was able to enable it was to install Geforce Experience with the drivers, and to go into a specific game profile in GFE and enable a DSR resolution for that game and hit apply. Then suddenly the DSR setting changed in the nvidia control panel. I still can't change the smoothing amount (33%), but the DSR option changed from 'Off' to '4x 3160... 2x 2715x1527'. It also added 4k or 2715x1527 to the resolution menu so you can even pick those for the desktop for games that run in borderless fullscreen mode (like Final Fantasy XIV).

6. Sethos

Sethos Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Sea Hawk X
    EDIT: Ah nevermind.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    because you need to disable driver reinforcement checking..

run cmd as admin and type in these 2 commands

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

reboot

after done installing re-activate again

bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
    bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

8. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    Can't wait for the mobiles :) Thanks for doing that!

9. spirit_66

spirit_66 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 TI DirectCU 6GB
    Thanks for this additional information but unfortunately I've only the Prepar3d Flightsimulator on my PC and no other game so I don't see any games in GFE. Maybe I should install one to be enabled to do this. :D
    Spirit

10. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    you put cuda support in this driver thanks :kind:

11. tehdewm

tehdewm Guest

GPU:
    680m 4gb
    I hope he does get the mobile package up today. I am excited to see if this has any improvement for the games I play.

12. Mystic_Monkey

Mystic_Monkey Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR
    Same problem as the 344.11 for me restart computer and device goes to standard vga controller back to 340.65 no problems

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    i have an app that mods .inf files for your card, anyone can pm me.

14. zaheerjane

zaheerjane Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 680x
    hi i have techinferno modded gtx 680m on alienware , i downloaded many moded nvamsi.inf and replaced in displaydriver folder of 344.24 folder , but it says the graphics card driver could not find compatible hardware, thanks.
    is it because i downloaded the official drivers from the nvidia page?

15. Ph00p

Ph00p Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GT 650M 4gb
    When I tried to install the modified inf from Crysis they installed but then it said they failed and then it messed up my drivers reverting them to the VGA drivers until i installed the .11 ones.

16. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    In the mod package from yesterday, more than 50 Infs are integrated, therefore, it should work with your card.

Have you followed these steps?
    1. Download and extract the Driver
    2. Search "nv_disp.cat" in Display.Driver
    3. Follow the Video
    4. Now you can install all my modded drivers, without disabling driver signature enforcement.

Yes that's right, with an newer official NVCUVENC version..

17. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    @Cryis just a question, does the Section ID stay constant or does it change on each driver update ? Just wondering like as on One Official driver it was 120 another its 070. So was wondering if this could be the cause of the issues i was getting when modding the inf's myself.

Also thanks once again for Modded Release.

18. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Depending which Inf is edited, the Section IDs may be different. The Section IDs from the desktop cards have changed with the last iCafe driver.

19. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    thanks for the reply cyris. Will keep an eye out.

20. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    installed em, DSR options ARE showing up, BUT, i cant change them, its like the panel is acting out when trying to click em..

[​IMG]

mehh, and i thought i can test it with mpc hc :(