Nvidia Geforce Notebook 344.24 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
  2. sourkimchi

sourkimchi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980 GTX SC ACX 2.0
  3. dave6479

dave6479 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI
    I'd have to disagree with what ManuelG says here then, DSR is working in my SLI setup. Playing BF4 gives me the extra resolutions to select that seriously hits my FPS and also had the SLI indicator running to make sure both cards were getting used.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Interesting, dunno why didnt they do this with new beta, instead of laptop specific :D

5. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'll chime in on the SLI bit. It's working for me. Only tried Metro Last Light. Applied the new resolution via Geforce Experience and it worked perfectly fine. Perhaps ManualG was talking about the 344.11 and 344.16 only?

6. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    The Modded Nvidia driver .inf file has a few Mobile (Laptop) ID's in it but not a lot.

I am trying to mod it for my GTX770M and its like hitting brick wall.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes DSR is here too, cool. Gonna play with it tomorrow :)

They're also good for Alien Isolation, got a little higher fps then with 344.11 at same gpu OC. Ok 2fps difference on avg, but 2fps is 2fps :D

8. Badula

Badula Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
    I am happy to report that I just tested DSR with 3x my native resolution and it is working great with SLI enabled.

9. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    Does DSR rely on geforce experience or driver update services in order for it to work properly? Or does it function independently? I'd hate to install both services, unless they are necessary. I figure I'd ask before I installed the driver. TIA

10. Ti3Kob

Ti3Kob Guest

GPU:
    980Ti @1505/7600
    @DeathAngel74
    Just installed these barebone (just the display driver) and ticking clean install. DSR works, and with SLi enabled too. So I'd say it doesn't rely on anything else than the basic driver and control panel.

IQ is slightly improved @ 4k versus old driver downsampling and the fact it works at 120/144Hz is awesome.

If it can help someone, here's what I did :
    I did enable all DSR modes right after install without enabling SLi or importing Inspector settings. Once enabled I closed the control panel, imported all my Inspector profiles, reopened control panel and enabled SLi. It then asked me to reboot to apply my changes, and now DSR works with SLi enabled.

11. jesteves

jesteves Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X @ 2100
    Tested Alien Isolation @ 4K with my 780ti and worked excellent!

12. Johannah

Johannah Guest

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    I just tried that but still the same way, DSR works with one card, but when sli is enable the DSR option disapears. Anyhow not a big problem for me, I tried a few games with DSR with 1 card and i didnt like it very much, i guess i prefer 1440p on my swift monitor anyhow :)

13. Antares88

Antares88 Guest

This driver boosted my Fire Strike score 1200 points over 344.11/16. DSR is working with SLI enabled too. Only driver installed. Looking forward to desktop release.

14. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    tried selfmodding these drivers for my 780M, got them installed but after reboot i only had black screen with mouse. Too bad actually wanted to try DSR :p

15. Anth Seebel

Anth Seebel Guest

GPU:
    TITAN Xp
    I don't usually try mobile drivers but I also got a small boost in firestrike. Will be testing some games tonight. Thanks to stasio for new driver headsup and iCroW for modded inf!

16. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    DSR working on my GTX670 with these drivers.... I have only tried it on FSX and P3Dv2.4 but both offer the new resolutions and apply them without issue, even P3D which runs in a fake full screen environment. A shame the Smoothness setting does not capture in screenshots.

17. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    Ok got these Drivers to work with my 780M but no DSR have to try these at home on my Desktop.

18. sourkimchi

sourkimchi Member

GPU:
    EVGA 980 GTX SC ACX 2.0
    DSR does not work if you have custom resolutions setup not dependent on if you have sli or not.

19. ScomComputers

ScomComputers New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    Alien Isolation always crash this driver on win10 preview,344.11 works fine!
    :(

20. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3070 LP
    For those that want to use this with the Mobile 400,500,600,700,800 series GPUs Here is a modded driver file for you.

Just backup the Stock version and then copy this into your Display.Driver Folder.

http://1drv.ms/1y6pX3A [MODDED.INF For direct Install from Device Manager]

Enjoy!

Insure you Enable Test Signing and boot with Driver Enforcement Disabled To Install This Driver