NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 516.79

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jul 15, 2022.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    GeForce hotfix display driver version 516.79 is based on our latest Game Ready Driver 516.59.

The hotfix addresses the following issues:
    • [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability [3661210]
    • [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match [3696921]
    • [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup [3691274]
    • [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers [3700239]
    • [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. [3685638]
    • [Halo Infinite] Increased stability during gameplay [3603261]
    [​IMG]
    Download https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-516-79-hotfix-driver-download.html

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    Sylencer, BlindBison, Mapson and 2 others like this.
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Nice curious about that destiny2 fix, installing today. I had 512.95 until now.

Eviltoaster and valorex like this.
  3. I must admit I've been quite lucky and not had this issue with Destiny 2 and the previous drivers. Halo Infinite's dsync is a far more effective at causing a rage quit than a driver causing a crash lol. But thanks for sharing, installed them as a precaution.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Im waiting the hotfix for hotfix

XantaX and SatsuiNoHado like this.

5. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    No mention of Watch Dogs Legion corruption fix. Maybe no one is playing the game except me. o_O

6. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Just tried Watch Dogs Legion on a 2 full days/nights cycle, max settings with DLSS@4K and didn't see any corruption at all on a 3080 12GB on 516.40 will install these and see if it's any different Supertribble.

DanielRX likes this.
  7. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    It can sometimes take a while to show up, mostly it seems to affect texture lod transitions. Anyway I did try it on four different RTX cards after getting concerned my main cards were playing up but it was the same on every card so...

8. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Just tried on this driver and texture lod transitions appear to be perfectly fine. I'll play for an extended amount tonight (3+hrs) and let you know if I see anything.

EDIT - Played last night for 3 1/2 hrs, again I had no issues whatsoever, it played really smoothly with no visual corruption and was actually a very enjoyable session....it's encouraged me to go and finish the game now as I had a hoot :) Also benchmarked Red Dead 2 and it is indeed back where it was regarding performance. Completed the game on console before but will probably deepdive into it following WD Legion as it looks stunning on PC.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    DanielRX likes this.
  9. Nastya

Nastya Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Interested in the RDR2 fix, was the performance regression that drastic? Still on 511.79 so have no clue what it's like now.

10. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    RTX 3080 + i9-12900K, Nvidia Driver 516.79 Hotfix vs Nvidia Driver 516.59 in RDR2

11. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...51659-feedback-thread-released-62822/3268871/

Hello everyone. Today we released a new GeForce Hotfix Display Driver v516.79 which contains a newer HD audio driver. For users who are seeing the issue below, we ask if you could give the driver a try and share your feedback

[NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]
    @valorex tagged just in case you want to add this to main post

dr_rus and valorex like this.
  12. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yerp. Was on 512.15, updated to 516.59 & the performance loss was around 10-20% with DLSS set on Quality. Immediately reverted back and remembered.. if it aint broke..

Undying and cucaulay malkin like this.
  13. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]

I was getting this issue with my RTX3080FE connected to a 2019 LG C9 OLED HDMI 2.1 120hz Dolby Atmos TV (with G-Sync) model no. OLED55C9PLA. Sound was dropping out for a split second frequently. Especially whilst GPU under load during busy gaming action like Tiny Tina Wonderlands. I managed to alleviate the issue by setting color depth to 12bit in NCP. But dropouts are still there if gaming after coming out of Sleep Mode. And not there at all after a restart. Hopefully this fix will allow me to start using sleep mode again. I use Windows Store Dolby Access and enable Dolby Atmos for home theater in Windows Sound Properties (output settings and spatial sound, should match). And the TV recognises the signal as Dolby Atmos. This feature is important to me as voices in particular are clearer, and the sound projects out well. Hopefully this hotfix will allow me to start using sleep mode again. If you don't hear back from me, it's all good :)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    PrMinisterGR and Sajittarius like this.
  14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Basically a bug in the last two drivers resulted in the performance gained by using DLSS to not be as great as it was in driver 512.95.

15. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Down about 170 points in Time Spy which is outside the margin of error or run to run variance. Upping the voltage to .875 from .862 and adding +45 to the core gets it back to where it was, at the expense of an additional 35w o_O

edit

For clarification the same decrease in TS perf is the same for all 516.xx drivers vs the 512.77 I like. That's the price of progress, I guess.

Undying likes this.

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you saying you tried out the hotfix driver?

17. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Now Nvidia is fixing bugs more than improving drvers, lot of people are waiting for fixing stuttering, fps drops, driver strength, etc..why the hell they took this way of implementing useless features like geforce experience crap, we don't need that, most of us "initiated" can tweak driver and games without those useless things that sometimes are worse than leaving all by default ?? ;)

DanielRX likes this.
  18. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I am sure two different teams in NVIDIA do drivers and Geforce Experience. So no harm from such useless features.

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I have a 3090 connected to same TV (LG C9) and Dolby Atmos has never worked in passthrough eARC for me (Win10/Win11 -> LG C9 -> Pioneer VSX-LX503, which supports Atmos directly, also netflix TV app will push Atmos through the same cable to the receiver)

I will test these drivers out though, to see if they help.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  20. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    But no big différence without it !!! anyone can tweak driver even better just in driver options it self, and its working well for all games without switching from a game tweak to another, so why implementing such thing that sometimes make things worse ???