NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix Driver 536.09

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 2, 2023.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    XantaX and Krteq like this.
  2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Seems a bit too fast of a hotfix considering that there are crashing bugs in RDR2 and DS Remake which should also be fixed but whatever.

r535_87-7
    535.98 was r535_87-6

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    Neo Cyrus, caleb59 and valorex like this.
  3. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Only 1 fix.

Much worse bugs are still not fixed, great job Nvidia, keep it up kekw.

Greggy_D and Krteq like this.
  4. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    ... flickering that may be observed on certain adaptive sync displays when using multiple monitors.

Does that means two monitors plugged (with one which is OFF), or two monitors used at the same time while playing ??

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    You can always apply for a job and fix them yourself.

6. pvpnpve

pvpnpve Member

GPU:
    PALIT 4080S GP OC
    I had flickering on my single monitor with 535.98 and now I can confirm that the problem is gone. I'm glad that it's been resolved so fast.

XantaX and loracle like this.
  7. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Yep should've fixed some of the major crashing issues first before releasing this hotfix! Hmmm or maybe actually testing your drivers first Nvidia?

[Vulkan] Red Dead Redemption 2 may crash a few minutes after starting the game [4140319]
    Dead Space (2023) may crash during gameplay after updating to driver 535.98 [4140545]

caleb59 likes this.
  8. KIBERMAX

KIBERMAX Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6Gb
    If users would send .dump files with bugs to NVIDIA, they would find the problem faster and fix the underlying problems, but otherwise, just either accept it or wait.

BlackScout likes this.
  9. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    nVidia has a lot of measuring/data collecting SW included in the drivers...

tiliarou likes this.
  10. KIBERMAX

KIBERMAX Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6Gb
    This is called telemetry?, but it does not help them a damn thing, a lot of people use a clean installation with nvcleanstall or just delete unnecessary folders, or disable telemetry.

11. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    If applying the same logic to the rest of life, i guess we should also fix broken car airbags ourselves, or leaking gasoline/brake lines, or defective ignition switches?

the drivers are required to run the gpu (most of us) purchased in exchange for currency, so i expect it to be free of any problems that are older than 1-2 gen/cycles of their product,
    not coming out with hw costing double while not fixing crap thats know for longer (driver)

loracle likes this.
  12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I don't even see any telemetry in stock install (w/o GFE) of 535.98, no task schedulers listed/installed

Maybe they have a new way of doing it.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    That's what you get for disabling telemetry ^^

Everyone paranoid and disabling it, as a result we get more bugs... i called it a while ago.

Archvile82 likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    And how can telemetry detect if a game has flicker issues?

E.g. Destiny2, water, smoke, glass by certain scenarios (older 512.95 driver ok), or WatchDogs2 - sky at night or (insert title name here)

It can't and it's mostly visual glitches, I never had anything unusual stability wise with drivers for a while now

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  15. KIBERMAX

KIBERMAX Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6Gb
    I don’t think that telemetry helps to fix problems that a small part of people experience, if these people who really have problems with games could immediately send a .dump file directly through support (yes, I repeat), NVIDIA would have detected the problem faster, and the current telemetry is just collecting "statistics", and not just fixing any bugs in games and the driver, with each new version of the driver, the average user does not see any difference, in terms of performance of old games and new ones, NVIDIA simply does nothing, but simply adds support new games.

If you even contact the developers (support) about the problem, they just ignore you, and advise to simply reinstall the drivers or the game, and fix the bug they will not until this bug will not write a large number of people.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    One problem is when a game crashes if supporting dmp it is placed on game DEV first, to fix, maybe if they think it is driver based they would have to then send it to Nvidia.

So yes user based sending directly to Nvidia should help in speedier fixes.

17. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I was wondering when I enabled G-sync on some monitors I would get black screen every few minutes.I will give this driver a try.

EDIT:No black screens in last 20 minutes but the flickering seems to be more noticeable now with this driver.I will roll back a few drivers.

EDIT2: After 16+Hours got use to flicker and no more black screens with this driver and G-sync on monitors

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
  18. Elanor

Elanor New Member

GPU:
    GTX 960 4gb 1535/7800mhz
    Just what I was looking for, getting crazy flickering with diablo 4 running on driver 535.98.
    EDIT: Still getting some, so not really fixed but reduced lol.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
    loracle likes this.
  19. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    windows hdr doesn't seem to know What to do , when having 2 different monitors , it picks one and puts hdr on it ,
    when i switch to the other monitor the color on the first one changes to sdr because the other one IS only sdr 12 bit ,
    maybe it has something to do with the 12 bit or something , it's weird , didn't have problems like this before these latest drivers

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  20. BlackFireHawk

BlackFireHawk Active Member

GPU:
    6800xt
    Sounds more like a MPO problem with the new driver