NVIDIA GeForce Hotfix driver 358.59

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Vidik, Oct 14, 2015.

1. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Oh,ok, I assumed you meant visual quality and not in general speaking image quality. (because when people say IQ usually they mean about visual quality).

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    nvcpl doesn't open with this release, dunno.. Never had that before, ever.

Also when I try to overwrite driver it can fail.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Not sure this driver was any good after all. Feels like I got halved FPS in WoW while roaming Talador.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I just stuck with 358.50, seems a solid driver for me, no need to test hotfix drivers atm

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hm, something fishy is going on here. Looks like my card is stuck in 2D clocks or something while playing games :eek: At first I thought it was MSI AB having fun but then I checked with GPU-Z who reports the same thing.

I've not started troubleshooting yet but what do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT - Solved it. Problem was the Nahimic software -.- Not sure if I want to buy MSI next time, they really have poor software. Killer Suit for example, sucks.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ Netherwind - I am using the 358.50 WHQL driver on Windows 10 Pro but even with other Windows 10 graphics drivers (excluding these newer drivers as I have not tested them) I sometimes see my clocks stuck at 2D speeds. The issue is rare enough to not be a problem and in all cases a restart of my PC fixes it. I have seen this occur in MGS V: The Phantom Pain and a couple of other games and it may even be specific to those games. My global profile is set for Adaptive Performance.

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I have had the same issue with my 2D-clocks locking up and requiring a restart since updating to Windows 10 with 353/355/358.xx WHQL drivers when playing Team Fortress 2 and other less demanding DX9 titles.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
  8. Fapguy

Fapguy Guest

GPU:
    Gainward 970 with EKWB
    With this driver I can't turn off my screen and turn it on again without the **** locking all my windowed fullscreen games to 19-22 FPS.

If they run in the background they run at 144FPS like normal.

I'm using a bat script to restart the entire card, it fixes the FPS issues, but causes other silly problems.

Also, second crap screen is flickering like fkn crazy when a 3D application is running on my main screen.

These drivers and the ones before are drivers straight out from hell.
    Nvidia is getting worse and worse.

9. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
  10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Really? Good thing I asked you guys here instead of bashing on MSI (which I managed to do anyway). Since I did restart the computer I though it was Nahimic but in that case the clocks simply just got stuck like you said. Indeed it's a rare issue and I've only noticed it once (though I must have restarted my computer that time too, or did it simply help to Alt-Tab in/out?).

Thanks again!

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    i have this too was anoing as i bought 980 with last money but i think its Overclock of the card vs drivers failuresave i down my oc by 10 mhz and now its ok i played bf4 and forgot too turn on vsync and its didnt crash or lower the clocks in other games too

12. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I like these drivers. Smooth and fast.

Waited 3 days to post, so I could test out some games and have not had one issue.

The hotfix drivers have been golden for me on my OC GTX 660 with Windows 10, didn't even need to use the debug mode with these.

Very stable.

13. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    so I can install this 'hotfix' driver right on top of 355.82?

or should I install 358.80 first?

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I installed over the top but chose clean install or what ever it says. No problems in the slightest.

15. A49ER08

A49ER08 Member Guru

GPU:
    evgaRtx3080XC3Ultra
    gotcha, thanks bud

16. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well spoke to soon.

Just exited The Witcher 3 and crashed/rebooted computer. Turned debug mode on and tried TW3 again and no issues after change.

nVidia and their drivers are worse than I ever remember my ATI cards drivers were, back when I still owned one?

What has happened to nVidias quality control?

17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    No problems here i think the problem lies on you end bro.

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    You'll note I have the OverClocked version of the GTX 660, which nVidia has decided to discontinue supporting in their drivers.

Their drivers have become overly aggressive lately. This is causing no end of issues with lots of folks like me. Microsoft has already stated in their tech support, how poor nVidia drivers are lately.

Because you have no issues, is anecdotal and irrelevant to the discussion here. And only based on opinion and not fact.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    GTX 660 is perfectly supported in latest drivers.

I don't see any issues of late with NV drivers and I'm running a 980Ti G1 which is heavily OC by default. Microsoft can state whatever they want - they don't do gaming testing so these statement don't mean anything beyond Windows desktop. Still I haven't seen even such statement - care to link us to it?

I also have no issues. And your issue may not actually be because of drivers.

20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It was tech support "Phone" that said this, Asus tech support also said something similar.

In reference to this post, below.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=402212