Nvidia GeForce Hotfix Driver 350.05

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 3, 2015.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I get flickering textures in Team Fortress 2 when using this driver on my GTX 580.

2. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    There is, in my case at least, something really wrong with this set 350.05:

As soon as i launch any internet browser, clocks go from 324Mhz to 875 and voltage go to the max. causing a bit of noise, but heating for nothing :(

Anybody experiencing this too ? I did a proper install.

Its annoynig because they allow me 4K(DSR-> x4 + 50%) in ACU, FC4 and many others...

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  3. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    you mean that with previous drivers you didn't have this issue ?

4. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Do you have power usage set to adaptive or maximum performance?

It's normal for the GPU's clock speed to fluctuate like that when using browsers, as the browsers use hardware acceleration. Mine will hit 1280MHz sometimes, but the actual usage is only a few percentage points, and the voltage never maxes out. Temps aren't affected either.

Maxwell is a more efficient architecture though than Kepler. Heck, for desktop and internet usage, the fans are effectively turned off on my FTW 980s with ACX 2.0..

Kepler lacks the advanced power management features that Maxwell has, so it's likely going to use more power and thus output more heat no matter what.

5. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    @ CK the Greek:
    I didn't had that with the previous i had: 347.90, nor 347.88, i am almost certain of this, could be wrong though

@ Carfax:
    I always use prefer max perfs mode, and i just tried (im mean for the very first time ever) to uncheck the hardware acceleration in Chrome. This last setting doesnt help clocks and heat caused by voltage to go down.

I really could be wrong, just not to have noticed that it was the same with the two lasts sets i used (mentionnned above).

Ill go for adaptive now.

Thanks guys :)

Even W_D is ok on 4K dsr mode with this set !! all at max no mod. not much fps's but really playable... never thought it coud be ok :p

EDIT: Adaptive power isn't helping neither.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  6. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
    flickering textures in Natural Selection 2 without vsync. Also adaptive Vsync sometimes makes Natural selection turn to black screen.
    High Quality option makes crasy quaders on clothes, like tranchcote and other clothes in The Evil within. Good to see in chapter one.
    I have the same problem in assassin's creed unity 1.5.0 in this "genetics anomalies" levels like this guy.

"I have this problem only when I found this red barrier.... gpu and cpu temperatures are all ok! In Paris Versailles and Franciade the game working very well 55 fps average....
    When I make a rollback to 347.25 I haven't problems and all working fine...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-1yRomecY#t=12
    skip the first minute.

7. Sildur

Sildur Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX960 4GB (1555/7400)
    Unpack the driver, open setup.cfg with notepad++ go to line 261 and change:

<sub-package name="Display.Driver" disposition="critical">
    To
    <sub-package name="Display.Driver" disposition="default">

This allows you to uncheck the GPU driver under custom installation, so you can install PhysX without the gpu driver.
    http://fs2.directupload.net/images/150404/gegmzse9.png

It did however not like my 3d vision driver from win10 (349.90). So it just uninstalled it incl. my gpu driver. So I had to reinstall 349.90 afterwards.

But well at the end of the day^^
    http://fs1.directupload.net/images/150404/4h8rqi6u.png

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You have to reboot after setting adaptive in the 'Global Settings' tab for it to take effect.

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    yep, it's ok now.

Back to normal ! i clearly had no idea that a complete reboot was necessary although it makes sense :) :)

Thank you

10. Huigie

Huigie Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080TI Poseidon
    As soon as I enable SLI I can no longer apply the optimal game settings. Did a clean install. Sli disabled = no problem.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Hm idk anymore, last time I think a good month later..

Anyway I got the impression these have a little sharper driver Anisotropic texture filtering compared to older 347.xx, noticed it right away in AVP2010 Im forcing driver AF for this game.:thumbup:

12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 580 Armor
    I severely doubt this.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Floor looked a little clearer, or maybe it was just less DSR filter - Im playing DSR'd @2880x1620..

:D lol now I checked my settings again and saw I have DSR smoothness at 21%, before with 347.88 I remember it was at 22%.

14. rflair

rflair Don Commisso Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT/290X
    It plays fine here, maybe just limited to 500 series.

15. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I was able to fix that by playing around with the anisotropic filtering optimization options in the control panel; an error on my part.

16. CYBER-NINJA

CYBER-NINJA New Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX Titan X Maxwell
    @ManuelG

I installed this driver and soon had some problems sadly.

1. There was no bezel correction in NV CP with portrait flipped mode.

[​IMG]

2. Screen res changed from 3240 x 1920 to 1920 x 3240. Using 1x3 only allowed surround, 3x1 got correct res but no surround option. plus only 60Hz was available, but no 120Hz.

3. Playing CoD AW I was unable to connect to on-line services.

3. The SLi surround scaling was terrible in CoD AW when I eventually was able to connect, much worse than before on 347.88 driver.

I ended up rolling back to 347.88 as that driver worked and eliminated these issues. Hopefully you will be able to fix these issues for the next driver release.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    This driver has frequent gfx freeze-bug in csgo like some of the recent drivers. It happens roughly every 25-30mins.

Last stable/r is 347.25

18. SyntaX

SyntaX Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 1080
    had it first time ever with 350.05 today. never before :eyes: going back to 347.88.
    i think there are also problems with chrome.

19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 19.2
    I've the very same issue in ARMA 3 (intermittent freezes every 5-10 mins) with this driver; should probably revert back to 347.88.

20. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    I even had a issue on Battlefield Hardline. After playing BF:H for more then 1 hour i started to get glitched textures so much that Water in BF:H was basically something like this

__--__--__--__--__--__

It wasn't wavey at all it was black and blue squares in there too. So checked the GPU temps and that was 75c max (Laptop BTW) So i am going to go back to last driver update at least that wasn't a mess.