Nvidia GeForce Hotfix Driver 350.05

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Apr 3, 2015.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I started recording it after ~4min or so.. My own factory OC stock freq., vram is stock stock 6ghz.

btw is your gpu vram factory OC'ed too?

speaking of ingame AF vs driver forced AF

just saw this and it shows more detail with driver AF like I said.. Look at distant mountains to see real difference, on first glance near floor doesn't look much different, but in motion it is too.

driver AF
    http://www.tweakguides.com/images/6_AF_16xNVCP.jpg

game AF
    http://www.tweakguides.com/images/5_AF_16xInGame.jpg

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_5.html

And this is what I meant before by AVP2010 using driver AF, 347.88 had more softer filtering while this 350.05 clearer/sharper.

Its been mentioned few times in the past by few members too (few regulars that never really comment here), some drivers were more soft looking other more clear/sharper.
    I prefer clearer/sharper image though, hopefully it stays this way in next drivers 35x.xx :nerd:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    -Tj- do you think vram OC might be causing a issue with this driver ?, mine is OCed

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I started monitoring frametimes and noticed this with COD Ghosts; Its hw physx - turbulence has some latency issues

I was standing by one gas tank and it leaked smoke, while I was looking from above it it started to have occasional latency issues, which made mini stutters. Or just when I was running around across MP maps..

It had occasional 12-14-17ms jumps instead of fixed 16.6ms.

I think I'll revert back to old 9.14 physx, I don't remember having it so frequent or almost none with these older drivers.

Can you try to downclock it stock 7ghz? This way you will know for sure. And yeah sometimes it could be., any strange lines or stuff like that is usually something with vram freq.
    Looks like this driver has a bit different memory latency and sometimes it could glitch by some gpus, I'm not pointing fingers but I saw few factory OC'ed evga gpus having this problem before (late 2xx.xx and early 3xx.xx drivers), idk could be all isolated cases since reverting to older driver fixed it for them, just like by Headless Knight who also happen to have a evga gpu like that.

Maybe its even bios issue, I remember nv asked few times for factory OC'ed bios so they could later add to driver database.

4. Headless Knight

Headless Knight Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Thanks dude that was very kind of you to post the video :) . Looks like the problem is mainly caused by dust. I took the card out of the PC and cleaned the little sensitive places with a toothpick, the dust is stuck between them, the air blower was useless in that case. I uninstalled 347.88 and installed 350.05 again. And after re-installing the card, the artifacts gone. I left the benchmark running for a while and I got a BSOD with NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE (didn't artifact, but suddenly crashed). I closed RadeonPro (I use it mainly to apply SweetFX to some games) and it didn't crash again. As for the memory it was always running at stock 7 GHz. For some reason 350.05 made the card hyper-sensitive to dust, probably as you said it is related to the new latency require a tad more stable memory than the previous drivers. It makes sense.

Thanks again.

5. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    -Tj- looks like the vram OC was the issue, deleted the profile in AB ran everything at stock and no problems than put in the same OC but without any vram OC and tested and played games without a issue.Will see how it goes over the next few days and will report back if there is any problems, though there might be a new driver to play with soon.

Thanks for the advice much appreciated

6. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    BF4 would crash with a directx error with this driver on my system, with 347.90 I kept getting random freezing with bf4 which would end up eventually with a complete lockup requiring me to use the reset button on the tower case, reverting back to 347.52 cures all these prolems.

7. oxejin

oxejin Guest

GPU:
    Zotact GTX 970 / 4 GB
    Smart Move

I had the same problem. It was caused by "Smart Move" in Logitech mouse settings. Disabling this fixed the problem