1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia GeForce Hot Fix driver 376.60 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by khanmein, Jan 10, 2017.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    its not overlay fault. the only fault with overaly is it can take away ~5-7fps when active.

Let nv deal with it, i reported it and thats that. :nerd:

2. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I have also lesser fps with dx12 with my gtx 980TI, 82 fps vs 77 fps ultra 1080p Vsync off in The Division.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    idk about all of you then, but i got boost. must be my magic system then. :p

4. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    remember I think HBAO doesn't work in DX12 so if you need to disable it and then compare. maybe something else wrong there. I had my cpu even clocked down to 800mhz to see what will happen and if dx12 will actually still increase my fps. DX12 is suppose to have less cpu usage or more efficient cpu usage but still i have a decrease in FPS. Maybe you one of the lucky people or some setting is not right on you system.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    oh common,..

If you bothered to look I linked to devision dx12 thread patch and i benchmarked there, i benchmarked in uplay free weekend version back then and yes it worked. now in steam hbao is bugged, thats my whole point, this isnt a debate whether dx11 runs better or not.

ps I also used extra 100% distance instead of default utra 60%.

btw deusex md runs 5-7fps faster here as well in dx12 in buildin benchmark. rise of tombraider is also faster in dx12, especially min fps by all 3 and the biggest boost in geothermal valley.

could also be zotac power delivery, i mean i get better score in 3dmark firestrike @1470mhz then some @ 1530mhz or around the same as those with 50-60mhz higher clock.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  6. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    GeForce 376.66 Beta [VK375_17-21] / 21.21.13.7666 (10th Jan '17)

Vulkan API Version 1.0.37

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  7. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Not sure if it's the latest W10 update that came yesterday or the drivers, but BF1 is running fantastic on these.

8. Han2K

Han2K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 GX
    Deleted, wrong post.

9. densou

densou Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 ITX 3GB
    :) what about DXVA/Cuvid with these sets? The latter...still broken even on w7/8/8.1? (.60 and .66)
    pardon, couldn't care less for gaming :infinity: :3eyes:

10. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    About The Division performance on Maxwell and DX11/DX12:

I got a boost in DX12 performance as well, or so I thought.

NVIDIA PCSS/HFTS shadows don't work with DX12 but are placebo-enabled in the settings (the renderer uses ingame default shadows instead).
    Hence I got a performance "boost" in DX12 vs. DX11 as DX11 used PCSS/HFTS.

AFAIK the same goes for HBAO+. The DX12 renderer reverts to the ingame AO method.

If I benchmarked with all NV features disabled (High shadows, Ultra AO) DX11 was notably faster than DX12 (and had a higher framerate than DX12 did with PCSS/HBAO on).

I daresay anyone with Maxwell who tries this will see the same results and that explains why some say they get better performance and others don't.

(Pascal users do see a real boost in performance though AFAIK)

EDIT: one more note about PCSS/HFTS: only shadows cast by sun or moon (natural light) use these features. (Shadows cast by artificial light are controlled by spot shadow resolution.)

So look at shadows cast by sun to see the differences. You can easily tell that neither PCSS/HFTS are on in DX12 if you compare to DX11.

11. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    This is correct although I'm not sure about HBAO+ - it is available for DX12 for quite some time now so it would be strange if Ubi/Massive would not implement it either; but in any case HBAO+ is the lightest of them all and it can in fact be faster than the game's own AO solution.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    well hbao is working otherwise it wouldn't glitch in dx12 @steam with dark shading and I wouldn't report this bug.

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Ok, wasn't sure about HBAO, thanks!

Thinking back I didn't benchmark High Shadows w/ HBAO @ DX11 / DX12...

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    But if that is the case and currently DX12 doesn't support those settings in that game, wouldn't it be same across the board (maxwell an Pascal).

15. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    I was away from home since August 2016, I will be home on mid-January, how much update download size should I expect from W10 Pro X64? lol :D

I have 10Mbps internet in home and 100Mbps in here... I downloaded games that I play here to copy/paste in home PC but Windows I guess there is no alternative for it.

Btw, I did not have the W10's big update in summer 2016 as it was rolling out but they missed me somehow, idk. :(

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    System on the left.

Without NV features, 1920x1080:
    DX11: 105,8
    DX12: 109,2

Same on 2560x1600:
    DX11: 72,9
    DX12: 72,9

So there's a boost in DX12 in The Division if you're CPU limited, there's no boost if you're GPU limited - completely as expected.

17. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    That is with Nvidia features disabled on both Dx11 an DX12, (if they don't work right in Dx12)?

From what I read an my own results (only have BF1, Dx12 game).
    The Dx12 is very up an down on fps, dx11 is smoother.

18. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yes, that's with the Ultra profile which doesn't have any NV features enabled - you have to enable them separately.

BF1 is a totally different engine and a game sponsored by AMD at that so it's hardly something to compare to.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well of course 1440p+ will be gpu limited, unless you have a titanXP

I play at 1080p since DSR 1440p is to heavy for me @ DOF scenarios.

Btw did you use distance to default 60% or raised that to 100% too, when I benchmakr'd default ultra (no extra nv shadows) I used distance @ 100% and got
    dx11 72 or was it 75
    dx12 84.5fps

anyway, funny how UBI fcked up steam version or nvidia not really sure at this point, all I know uplay only is fine with hbao. Ah well, hope for the best, and soon.

20. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Nearly forgot! I guess , you all remember for the quality degradation patch for Battlefield 1. If you haven't deleted the settings file after that, not only the quality has been messed up but the vsync was always on while you were gaming, even if you have turned it off. Once you delete those files and do resync with origin cloud, the vsync no longer will kick in.

You can check it by render.drawscreeninfo 1 in console.