Nvidia GeForce Hot Fix driver 368.95

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by dr_rus, Jul 21, 2016.

1. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Like I said , wdf01000.sys only had high dpc when I had BOTH- ESET and MBAM (MalwareBytes Antispyware protection) I don't have wdf01000.sys dpc at all now.

I only have DPC jump when I open Chrome or using chrome when the GPU Clock changes, just happens straight away with chrome. but if I disable Eset RealTime protection and HIPS I don't have this jump either. it just LOW DPC All the time .

If you have 980 Ti then it could be different story for you.... this issue is 10xx specific series . So what ever happens to you would be different for me. I didn't have any issue with 970 for example..

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well for me it was only older intel drivers.. i never payed attention to dpc since i didnt have any sound stutters.

3. {WOR}lock

{WOR}lock Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 TI FE
    There is a .14 difference in version numbers. There is going to be more changes in the driver than just the DPC latency fix for the 1xxx series of cards. They work fine on my other box with a single 980. The issue is just with my SLI rig. I'm just pointing it out so that what ever this issue that has been introduced is, doesn't make it in to the next game ready driver in August.

You must be new here. Over the years people here have installed all manner of leaked beta's and hotfixes - as long as the version and branch number is greater, it's worth trying. As mentioned above with a .14 difference in the version number I doubt the DPC latency fix is the only change in the driver.

4. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan X
    [Deleted]

5. Minotaur

Minotaur Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 1080 GLH
    I'll try a clean install next release :) just never experienced such weirdness before.

6. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Anyone with "issue" that while gaming with Vsync, aside from lower gpu load which would be expected, clock speeds are going down, sometimes even under base clock ? Performance is on place but I would expect stable 2050mhz overclock as it is working when vsync is off ?

Just wondering is this related to bad drivers or it's intended ?

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    If you mean you enable Vsync and now GPU% and clock is lower, that is normal.
    Anytime you limit workload, by enabling V sync or fps limiter that will happen many times, of course it will depend on how demanding game is and your settings, but it's pretty normal most times.

8. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    Gpu % understandable, but clock speeds ? I'm running Witcher 3 in 1080p60fps (vsync on) and I get base clock or even 1300mhz which -200mhz. Performance is on place but it's not near 2050mhz which is my clock.

Same with some other survival games (on side that they are early access I tested them on my old gtx980ti), core clock is going down equally to gpu usage instead maintaining that boost clock. While if I turn off vsync, I get 99% gpu usage and 2050mhz core clock. I know that I can do max performance in power management in nvidia panel but still wondering why ?

That's why I'm wondering is this driver related or this is how Pascal work now ?

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    That's normal.

Even for maxwell.

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    Why isn't this on the official website?

11. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
  12. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    I'm seeing very similar pictures with ESET 8.0.319.0 with Realtime+HIPS when i open Firefox (MBAM not even open although i do have it on my pc).

If firefox is already open and i start Latencymon it's low (just like the pic where you had chrome open already).

I did notice some TDR's lately (in the last 3 driver sets) if i had RGB set to limited in Nvidia Control Panel and I opened Firefox. Doesn't seem to happen with RGB set to full.

I'm wondering if the browsers cause a slowdown or something for a second when they open since they are initializing video functions?

13. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    It is just the RealTime Protection + HIPS of eset , it is causing some delay because some internal scanning of HIPS, it scans a lot because it's heuristic scan with all the advanced options. like I said disabling RealTime Scaning AND HIPS fix the jumps and not causing anymore in the browser for more than 20 min of testing. so this is the cause.

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6900XT
    Whoever still have High DPC please say if you have any/which Antivirus or Antispyware programs .

15. MrBonk

MrBonk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Make sure you have power set to "prefer maximum performance" for the game profile of the game you are playing in Inspector or NVCP.

16. bensmooth

bensmooth Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 GTX TI 6GB
  17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I had been using Windows 10 Pro v1607 Build 143xx for the past couple of weeks with both driver v368.81 and now v368.95. However, I've just noticed on reverting to my v1511 backup due to a permissions issue with the Windows Store in v1607 that the screen tearing issue is back when scrolling through the Steam games library or Store. This issue was completely fixed in v1607 of Windows.

So is this is an issue fixable by the driver or was an issue with Windows itself? On the basis of what I've written it would appear to be the latter since I used the same drivers in both and the same imported custom profiles... :3eyes:

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
  19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    That bench graph is so funny. :D

20. Devilhunter12

Devilhunter12 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Lightning
    proper one. That one has v sync and latency issues.

Green slide is vulkan.
    [​IMG]