Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Risco, Feb 25, 2010.
Friggin expensive if you ask me
So thats £400 and £300 in the UK, bloody hell lol
If that's true, then I think they're starting them at these prices for the fanboys who are gonna buy a fermi even if it's PCB is made of cardboard.
At that price, even if ATI responded with 0 price cuts, 480 would have to be faster than a 5970 for it to be a reasonable choice.
And faster in almost every game..Not just a few.
Enjoy your cards x)
680 Dollars, in pre order,... if true ( if it's really the price given by PNY and XFX, it surely the more accurate infos we can have), well don't expect got it for less of 620 dollars in shop then.
Feels like such a mistake to release a lineup of cards and not have something mid-range in there. I mean, the lowest offering is 450-500 dollars...How many of them do they expect to sell, really.
$680 USD? So that's going to be OVER EIGHT THOOUUSSAAAAND dollars here when they do the "Let's charge Canadians over 10 times more because we can get away with it!" conversion.
Come on GTX 280, don't die on me now, actually, wait a while then die, I forgot I have lifetime warranty.
i cant wait,guess ill keep the 260 for physx
That is exactly what I'm thinking, Ati won't even have to price cut the 5800's at those prices yeesh
Once more topic about PRE-ORDER PRICE and I go nuts!
Ppl seriously... I can take pre-orders for Fermis right away. 2000€ a piece! ETA unknown.
Yeah, did we not have enough? Do we need a new thread for every single article that says the same thing.
You do know we pay on average $520 for the 5870, and £820 for the 5970 in the UK.
Thanks for the information, I guess only performance is left but unless some miracle I'm not buying this fermi crap :S
:question:Hmmmm :/ , i WAS going for Tri-Sli on this , but darn $680x3= $2040US Dollars + Tax + Shipping = ~ $2150US Dollars , 3 Stage Cascade -150C any time i want it to bench $2,500US Dollars = New 3 Stage Cascade Incoming for me ,:bathit: F*ck Fermi :flip2:
Don't worry they are going to sell...
at a Limited quantities.
ATI wants the left testicle, and Nvidia wants the right testicle.
And zero price cuts from ATI is dead on as previously mentioned.
If you are talking about high-end Fermi based Tesla card, I then might be interested :nerd:
Haha, you are going to get those no matter what those cost. Perhaps you might be able to resist temptation for 2 weeks max before you buy those
If these card retail at this price, its highly likely that ATI will increase the prices of the 5870/5970 based on availability and performance of the GTX470/480.
so why cant i find one for preorder on pny's website?
Shh don't get too greedy...
Naw, I'd be really surprised if they do that...I mean I was disappointed when they increased prices after launch...and the launch prices in general greatly disappointed me...but with supply REALLY ramping up I can't see them not decreasing prices.
I think they are just waiting to see how it performs before they do drop their prices...no reason to drop prices now and then have Fermi's prices lower on launch...then lower your prices again.