NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Drivers 419.35 - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Mar 5, 2019.

1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800XT
    Just tried Apex Legends and it crashed....didnt with previous drivers.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    >Gigabyte RTX 2080

This some sort of alternate reality?

3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Good luck. This might be the first sign of a defective 2080Ti. Test extensively these drivers with other games and if you see crashes stick with older drivers and see what happens. When did you get your card?

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Don't be too quick to judge.

I would try 417.71 before considering a faulty card. I've also had these DXGI while on 418.XX series but not when switching down to 417.XX but right now I'm running the latest and they seem to work so far (including Apex).

dadunn1700 likes this.

5. dadunn1700

dadunn1700 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti
    Naw. It works flawlessly with the previous driver (419.17). I've had my 2080ti since October, never had any issues (thank God). Since its watercooled, HWinfo has recorded that it's never gone above 48c during stress tests or gaming, and it idles around 25c (2x 360mm radiators on CPU/GPU loop).

According to all my searching online, 9 out of 10 times this kind of issue (for any GPU) is due to a software/driver issue. My concern was that it might be due to a borked install on Windows' part. Anyways, I rolled back to 419.17 and now have no issues. Probably just pass on this driver iteration and the next time I do a driver update I might try using DDU beforehand just to be sure, but from what I'm reading above another RTX user is seeing crashes in Apex Legends when they weren't having them with the previous driver.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  6. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    If you've been using it since october then it's definitely not the case. I've read in other forums that those error messages start appearing right before the graphical glitches/artifacts show up and it usually happens shortly after mounting it.

In any case I wouldn't install these drivers if not strictly necessary (i.e. bug fixes for games you own and you're actually playing).

7. jallaby

jallaby Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix OC
    Tested these drivers with Apex and the game crashed twice mid-game. After setting the power management mode to ADAPTIVE it stopped crashing.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Hmm didnt know that thought it was only when HW accelerations was enabled in it, I have my system set to Max performance globaly and firefox is set to adaptive. and as far as I can remeber Firefox always triggers full clock speeds.

I dont use Adaptive or optimal. when I running a Game I want it running fullclocks period. I dont care for on the fly clocking change. it just at to issue that might happen imo, great for laptops though

9. Txatxiquesi

Txatxiquesi Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Mini.
  10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Which games? I haven't seen any issues so far.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Some source would be nice too?

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Destiny 2, it's in the known issues list. The latest IP update is said to have resolved it but I don't have D2 installed to verify.

13. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Apex crash still happens, just very infrequently for me just liek 417.75. Like once a day - with other drivers after 417.75 it would be every 2-3 games.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Asks for source.

Quotes it in their post.

Read with your eyes

sertopico likes this.
  15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Laptop users: Noticed on NBR forum that apparently starting with 419.35, driver allows for non-whitelisted in BIOS GSync-enabled panels to enable GSync in driver. @.@

I can finally consider getting a nice 1440p 17.3" panel with better color gamut. :)

16. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    i think apex crashes because it's doing something with the core clocks when gpu is oced, when i monitor the core hz, my 1080ti reachs in all games 2050hz with 1.050mv wich is the stability point of my current oc, but only with apex, the clocks goes to 2062 or 2075 with 1.043mV or 1.030 cusing the dxgi error and tdr.

is really weird and only happens with apex, no other game does this.

17. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Don't set 8GB VRAM and I use 4GB VRAM never crash before.

18. Herochild

Herochild Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Resident Evil 2 Remake still has broken brightness (everything is too dark to see) on the Dx12 backend with these drivers. ManuelG posted on the RE2 steam forums that this driver was supposed to fix that, I guess it didnt make it in.

19. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    I'm going to try, do you think the texture option is broken?, i don't thinks it's the cause, the game uses 7.5GB on 1440p never seen using more than that, But anyway I'm going to try an see what happens.

edit: nope still crashes, the solution is playing with dsr at least for me.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  20. Txatxiquesi

Txatxiquesi Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Mini.
    Nvidea just publish new version of physX , 9.19.0218.