NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 532.03 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 24, 2023.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Oh, what's the scan line issue with Samsung Odyssey? My friend is looking to buy the G8 QD-OLED, didn't see it mentioned in reviews.

2. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    It's mainly the G7/G9's...
    Just opening this webpage will cause scanlines.
    https://rog.asus.com/wallpapers

Though I have come across this in my travels.

3. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    VA's dead, totally, i had an AOC 240hz, happy it has broken itselt (certainly had bad travel during shipping(s)) in return window. Well my 32" 60hz is VA, but BenQ.

OLED is new VA

4. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Does that only occur if the fps falls outside of the VRR range? And what is it on the C2?

5. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    Why i don't have any VRR flicker on LG 48CX? C2 more recent gen and have it?

6. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Master Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You might just not notice it. As far as I know, the flicker is due to the Hardware HDMI Implementation and because of this can't be fixed with firmware. You are able to reduce its effects by finetuning the black levels, but it will always be there.
    If one wants to see it, it is as simple as playing an old DOS Game under DOSBox Staging (as this supports VRR). Because if you have a centered Image with black bars all around it, you will see it immediately. Hardest thing I have seen was Commander Keen. Simply use the Pogo Stick to bounce the picture up and down. There it is. If you don't use VRR its gone.

But I also have to say that I have seen VRR Flicker on my Samsung C32HG70 VA-Panel. But it was a bit different. On the Samsung it was more like a permanent Gamma Switching on different Refresh Rates. Just like below 100 Hz it had a higher Gamma than above 100 Hz. Hard to describe.

7. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    That just doesnt make any sense, how could a TV setup initiation enable a driver setting in windows, over HDMI? If theres a "ping" protocol thats sent over HDMI that should wake up the connected device then the setting in the driver should def ignore that ping, if set to hard disabled on the device, which he did.

8. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Educate yourself. Start with the meaning of the term "regression" in s/w development.

9. rocky01

rocky01 Member

GPU:
    rtx-2070
    Might be a lot of testosterone flying around in this thread.
    Are these drivers worth updating to or not?

10. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    All fine on my RIG. Try it :p

XantaX likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Intresting I was thinking of get 48" C2 or even C3 due to my TCL TV deciding it time to develop multiple lines going accross it, but IF VRR has flickering i wont bother less these are fixed ( did read they release 03.30.45 firmware that suppoed fix it but some still have the issue , and seeing that would just replace my monitor and tv i will hold off

Last edited: May 29, 2023
  12. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    @beezee
    calling ppl names doesnt add anything to a (real) discussion, and weakens any argument you have.
    anyone having a little be of tech knowledge going past a handful of years, knows that a perf drop is possible with fixes,
    believe it or dont, your choice.
    tipp: google and many other search engines can give you insides, so you dont have to rely on others to find "proof" (either way)..

@tsunami231
    have you used an LG oled for more than 1h?
    AVL was the reaal reason i dont care to get the LG (oled), and until now sony didnt have smaller (<55) that were "designed" as gaming screen.
    the 50X90J has VRR and (for me) decent local dimming..

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Not specific to this driver but does anyone else's monitor flicker like crazy when enabling/disabling DSR. Multimonitor setup could be doing it but it's almost seisure inducing.

14. rocky01

rocky01 Member

GPU:
    rtx-2070
    Yeah, I was just about to, then for kicks I checked out the Nvdia forum for 523.03. Let's just say they're not amused over there.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    the DSR flicker from just enabling them was never fixed it probably worse with mulit monitors used? extra problem with mulit monitoers used added to it? it one reason i have not update drivers that being fixed is only reason i have to update drivers.

16. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    I haven't tested with just a single monitor but here it is in action with two

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    when toggle off it flickers once for and when toggle it on it flickers once, other then random flicker i get for it just being on. I do have 2 output from pc gpu one dvi the other hdmi but only one is on at a time.

your video dont work for so i cant really see what is happen there

18. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Check it now. It was set to Private for some reason.

19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ok fixed it, i have defualt block of autoplay video/audio for all sites, turned it to allow and worked.

and yah turning DSR on and off do no such thing like that. maybe new bug

theoneofgod likes this.
  20. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I am not sure if this is a driver problem (and in that case, which version this started with) but I started seeing strange texture "flickering" or corruption issues in several games, old DX9 and new DX12 titles included. Things like some object loosing their texture and turn into solid color, or "decals" flickering (appearing and disappearing) based on viewing angle and/or viewing distance (but not in a way LOD scaling usually works).

-Tj- likes this.