NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.30 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 9, 2020.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Do you see shimmering in those games with DLSS off, even if it is less?

2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I saw this on my work laptop yesterday but I was on a different branch so didn't try to troubleshoot it. I've only seen it one time so I don't even know how I triggered it since I run so many apps on it. Can you tell me what apps you have open even if it is running in the background/taskbar? What monitor are you using? What settings do you have enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You must have disabled the update schedule, 86.0.622.69 87.0.664.41 is the latest version, you're running a version that has active security holes being exploited.

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Make sure you have the latest version of Edge. Then can you enable full dmp files and then manually force a crash as described in the FAQ below after seeing a flicker again?
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4641/

Upload the file to a file sharing site and then email me the link to download the file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Also include in your email the monitor(s) make and model and how each of the monitors are connected.

fluidz likes this.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    Yes, but it is less present as you wrote. Since dlss renders the image at a lower res internally and then upscales it and applies some kind of sharpening those surfaces suffer the most from the process. Usually it is because of oversharpen that some shaded elements start having that moire' pattern and/or start flickering when the camera is put at a certain angle. I can make a video of it and upload it here, if you need, but probably you know what I am referring to. Maybe it is the TAA itself that is not that great on certain games.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
  6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    For some reason, these 457.30 drivers (Standard, Game Ready) appear to be rather unstable on my new RTX 3090 (stock settings). Framerate stutters with G-Sync compatible on or off, short 1 second freezes and short framerate drops to 30-40 FPS in games where the video card is taxed (Flight Simulator, Shadow of the Tomb Raider with Raytracing, RDR2 all on Ultra settings at 4k) here and there and game crashes to desktop (usually after a couple of hours of playing). The card is also power throttling like crazy with these drivers (temperatures are fine with around 60-65°C). The drivers were fine with my RTX 2080 Ti (I used DDU before switching cards).
    The issues don't seem to be present in less taxing games (many don't even reach 3D clocks at 4K max details due to the power of the card).

I first thought the video card was faulty, but I installed the Ampere launch driver 456.38 and all the problems are gone. The framerate is smooth (and overall higher than with 457.30), no more freezes or Framerate drops, hardly any power throttling, completely stable. I then went back to 457.30 drivers and the same problems occured again. Back to 456.38 and the problems are gone. Not sure what's going on here. I haven't tested any drivers in between 456.38 and 457.30 yet.
    I have HAGS disabled, by the way.

Full System specs are listed in my profile.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    make sure its not negotiating an 8x pcie link or something, or your riser is up to the task.

8. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Yes, I've made sure the PCIe Link is running x16 3.0 (I'm on Intel, so no PCIe 4.0 here).
    I'm not using a riser (tried it at first, but the blow-through design of the card caused my PCH to get to a toasty 80°C due to the hot air exhausting from the card instead of the regular 40-50°C so I quickly removed it and put the card in horizontally), the card is plugged directly into the top slot of the mainboard (the only one that supports PCIe 3.0 x16). The card isn't sagging either (the metal frame seems to do a good job to keep it straight). I've also tried reseating the card, but it didn't help. I've added two 120mm fans to the back of the card to pull heat away from the backplate which felt too hot to touch (with the fans, it's cool enough to touch now) to eliminate that as an issue.

So far the 456.38 drivers work fine, but 457.30 have issues. I'll use the 456.38 drivers a bit more to see if they truly work well over longer periods of 4k, max detail gaming and then try some of the drivers released in between and see which driver version the issues started with. I know there was a big change after the 456.38 drivers to fix crashing cards, so I wonder if that change had the adverse effect on cards like mine that seem to be stable with the 456.38 drivers.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The change afaik was to how the card responds to the boost formula, smoothing out sudden unsustainable peaks.

are you using Optimal or Adaptive, and are you using DSR? i've noted some unusual behavior in some games even on Pascal where DSR results in Util clock throttling when the power management is Optimal, whilst registering a 90+% utilisation.

10. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Yeah, that's what I thought. What's odd is that with the 456.38 drivers my boost clock remains relatively stable (around 1950-2010MHz, sometimes slightly lower), while with the 457.30 drivers it's all over the place (and rarely reaching the same clocks as the 456.38 drivers do), running around 1860-1950 "spiking" down to 1700ish for a second, then back up to a higher number but not the same, dropping down, etc.. That also seems to coincide with the stutters/micro freezes.

I've been using Optimal performance and no DSR, just my monitor's native 3840x2160 resolution. I noticed changing the per game setting to Prefer Maximum performance helps a bit, but it won't fix things entirely with the 457.30 drivers.

11. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    Is that true? You work for Nvidia and can verify this?

12. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 HOF
    Within ~30 minutes of playing Wolfenstein Youngblood, it crashes to desktop with "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered." message in event viewer.
    This is reproduceable. CPU/GPU temperature is not a problem as case is well ventilated. They hover around 68C (CPU), 65C (GPU) when gaming.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950X
    M/B: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme (F31k BIOS)
    RAM: DDR4 32GB
    VGA: Gigabyte RTX 3090 Aorus Master
    Storage: 3x 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVMes
    PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-1000

Running Windows 10 20H2 with the latest updates.
    GeForce driver: 457.30
    AMD X570 Chipset driver: rev2.10.13.408
    AMD RAID driver: rev.2.09.28.009

Code:
    Log Name:      System
    Source:        Display
    Date:          11/22/2020 9:55:02 PM
    Event ID:      4101
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      R9-5950X
    Description:
    Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
      <System>
        <Provider Name="Display" />
        <EventID Qualifiers="0">4101</EventID>
        <Version>0</Version>
        <Level>3</Level>
        <Task>0</Task>
        <Opcode>0</Opcode>
        <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
        <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-22T12:55:02.9575076Z" />
        <EventRecordID>11846</EventRecordID>
        <Correlation />
        <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
        <Channel>System</Channel>
        <Computer>R9-5950X</Computer>
        <Security />
      </System>
      <EventData>
        <Data>nvlddmkm</Data>
        <Data>
        </Data>
      </EventData>
    </Event>

13. makah21

makah21 Member

GPU:
    3080fe
    3080fe(hdmi 2.1)55"lg c9(hdmi-arc)denon avr940 sound drops with dolby atmos enabled, on this driver. Drops in games all media players tried a handful of video files. two days of trying every combination of hdr, no hdr, 4k, 2k, 1.8k, 8bit, 10bit. only two channel stereo worked without drops
    using last driver might have fixed it.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

Your system ram is not stable.

arc is not supported.

15. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 HOF
    Yeah, right. Lend me your crystal ball.
    RAM is stable. Period.

16. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 HOF
    Here's an update.
    Gigabyte RTX 3090 Aorus Master is factory overclocked so that it boosts up to 1785MHz out of the box. 1785MHz is 90MHz higher than reference 1695MHz.
    I applied (negative) -90MHz offset to MSI AfterBurner. I think this has solved the problem. I could play Wolfenstein Youngblood more than an hour.
    Out of games I recently played such Metro Exodus, Control, Doom Eternal, The Division 2, AC:Valhalla, Quantum Break, GTA5 and Destiny 2, Wolfenstein Youngblood is the only title having this issue.

SalamatiQus likes this.
  17. feelsboi64

feelsboi64 New Member

GPU:
    GT 1030 2GB DDR5
    I have had an issue where my display would show no signal when when starting up my PC using a HDMI to VGA adapter. I have been using driver 452.06 for a while now, because every driver since then seems to cause the problem. And I use DDU in safe mode to remove the driver prior to installing any of the drivers. Restarting or disabling fast boot seems to fix it, but its not ideal. Unplugging and plugging in the adapter back into the GPU gets it to work again, but it is also not ideal. Using a regular HDMI cable seems to fix it too, but it's still an issue nevertheless. I'm using a GT 1030 and an old Acer vga monitor and I'm currently using Windows 10 20H2 (the same issue occurred in 2004).

18. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Are you using the Nvidia HDMI driver? If so remove it and replace it with the default MS one. The NV one has had problems for a while -- I'm on a different system now but last year had one hooked up to a Pioneer receiver and LG C6, and could only get 2 channel sound despite being set for 5.1 (I can't remember if this was only when using Atmos and other surround decoders, I don't think it was), and no amount of futzing could fix it. Reverted to the MS driver, and bingo all worked perfectly. Further research revealed it was a known issue on the NV forums.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Your ram is NOT stable.

Vulkan is rock solid in these drivers, its just you.

20. Wetryshka

Wetryshka Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050Ti / 4 GB
    Is there any difference between Standard vs Studio 457.30 ?