NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.30 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 9, 2020.

1. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    After 2 years, even DX12 and The Division 2 is still unstable. It being the worst on Nvidia systems.

Some it still crashes on AMD systems, more so on Nvidia but the game developers wont fix it.

Gandul likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    FM7 is working just fine in the 457 drivers with a profile fix supplied, and the actual code change fix has been identified and worked on for the better part of this year, you will see the results in r460 (not including current insider drivers)

Still a game side issue.
    crashes are present on AMD Radeons too, and if/when the market share shifts dramatically you'll start seeing more Radeon users in the Long thread.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
  3. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 GU
    @ManuelG Hi Manuel, I don't know if I am allowed to ask it here but is the team also working on improving the image quality with dlss? Those games I played (Control and WD Legion) show some very annoying shimmering/flickering on selected surfaces at certain camera angles (mostly metal ones, in general those with "fine" details like fences, gratings and such) which in the end ruin the overall image quality. Can this be addressed with future driver updates? Thanks.

4. BingoBob

BingoBob New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FT
    Uh so I don't think my last driver was uninstalled before this one got installed. Odd.

5. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    intel onboard video
    i am having fps issues in games with these drivers, lost about 50% performance in games like watch dogs 2 going down to 14fps. which i can fix if i alt tab but its still about 30% slower than the last drivers. Legion has the same issue but i can't fix with alt-tabbing. mad max was tested and had serious fps loss. Mafia 3 was fine. GTAV was fine. 3dmark saw a loss of about 5000 score. All this was fixed rolling back drivers to the last ones.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    do a clean driver install with evga precision uninstalled.

fr33k and eGGroLLiO like this.
  7. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    intel onboard video
    so yeah apparently after booting up again this morning the bug was back even at older drivers. doing this fixed it so far.

8. Dion

Dion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW 8GB
    Drivers cause Adobe Photoshop CS6 to act weird almost like its running at 24fps. Reverting to 446.14 and CS6 is fine.. Only happens when Gsync is set to windowed. So gsync must be busted for windowed borderless.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    or its working just fine and CS6 isn't compatible with it. :rolleyes:

10. didamangi

didamangi Member

GPU:
    Colorful RTX 3080
    Anyone else having blacks screen/freezes when choosing DSR resolution on DX9 games? I don't know when it's started but the last 3 drivers (457.09 and 456.98 hf and this one) I've used have this problem

Have posted this on geforce forum as well.
    Would like someone else to test if it's only a problem only on my end though. I've tried Dead Space 2, Asscreed 2, Life is Strange and Alan Wake.

edit: confirmed by 1 other person. So it's a driver bug probably?

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    JonasBeckman likes this.

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    CS6 was the last decent version before it turned to this Cloud service renting garbage.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  12. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Tri. OC
    I'm getting a reproducible application crash and "nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered".

Eventlog before that:
    In Calibre 64bit 5.5.0, when opening the integrated ebook viewer.

Device is a 3080

EDIT:
    Following advice from reddit, cleaned with DDU and installed 457.09 instead. Issue is gone.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Should be fixed by next driver if its linked to the TDR issue in browsers, nvidia found a niche case where it occured and resolved it.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Adjust Video Color Settings doesn`t work for me with these drivers.

15. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 2080ti
    Anyone seeing flickering in the New edge web browser? I have seen flickering/random shapes appear..

- Whilst typing a comment in Reddit, there was an animated gif on screen (as seen in the GIF below), I was using backspace on the keyboard to delete my text, the top bar of reddit disappeared then reappeared.

- I was typing a comment at Youtube, a paused video was partially visible at the top of the screen. Whilst typing, the paused video flickered random shapes, also I saw the youtube bar disappear then reappear.

At first I thought it was my monitor, now I know that isn't the case as I managed to capture it in OBS. I did run DDU in safe mode prior to installing this driver. Hags is disabled. I will be testing an older driver later to see if I can reproduce it.

It always seems to happen at the top of the webpage whilst typing, sometimes affecting other areas of the page (see the gif below).

I'm constantly switching between New Edge and Firefox so I'm not 100% sure if its isolated to one browser / one driver yet, I will update this post when I find out more.

[​IMG]

Youtube video of the flicker, skip to 00:16 to see it

Edit - I found three similar threads over at the Nvidia forums -

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...uper-span-classhighlightflickeringspan-on-th/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...part-of-the-screen-extremely-randomly-flicke/

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...ds/5/405393/1660-super-top-screen-flickering/

Specs :

- Ryzen 3700x, B450 Mortar Max (agesa 1.0.0.6), 16gb ram (passes memtest86)
    - Windows 10 20h2 build 19042.630
    - Microsoft Edge Version 86.0.622.51 (Official build) (64-bit), hw acceleration enabled
    - Nvidia Msi Trio X RTX 2080ti (stock clocks)
    - Nvidia driver 457.30 (Used DDU), HAGS disabled
    - Razer Chroma Keyboard (v1)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    EDK-Rise likes this.

16. Terje_P

Terje_P Active Member

GPU:
    2080 Ti
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    looks like a weird webrender glitch.

i'll see if i can find an existing bug on chromium tracker.

Blackfyre and fluidz like this.
  18. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thanks. We will need to trigger a bugcheck then.

1. Enable full dmp files by running the registry file fulldump.reg from the URL below:
    https://nvidia.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/fulldump.reg
    2. Download and then run the registry file TdrLevel1.reg from the URL below to change the level of recovery:
    https://nvidia.s3.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/TDRLevel1.reg
    3. Reproduce the game crash again
    4. On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the letter "R" at the same time to bring up the Run command window. Type the following into the Open field:
    %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps
    Then press the OK button to proceed.
    5. This will open the folder location where the dmp file should be located (if you see multiple files, it will be the file with the most recent date).
    6. Right-click over the file -> select "Send to" from the context menu -> choose "Compressed (zipped) folder" to zip the file to a smaller file size.
    7. Upload the zipped file to a file sharing service such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive
    8. Send me an email with the link to download the dump file and also send me your MSINFO32 file as described in the FAQ: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2507/
    You can send them to driverfeedback@nvidia.com. Thanks.

19. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Hi @ManuelG ! Here to report about the "YouTube Stuttering" issue. After enabling a 4K video first and then a 1080p60 or 1440p60 vid, stuttering is gone until you restart your browser or you disable HW Acceleration in your browser. It is reproducable on RTX machines as far as I know. Using Google Chrome, with an RTX 2060, 457.30 Studio.

P.S. Is there an ETA of the fix for this issue in particular? Thanks! :)

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We have done work with Forza 7 but the game appears to sensitive to some of our general driver optimizations. The Forza 7 issues are fixed but because of the changes involved, we have decided to wait until the next driver branch to release it.

Full dump files do help us a lot.

AsiJu and stryfe2010 like this.