NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.30 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    doesn't sound like a VIDEO DRIVER problem.

And its not.

2. slavefn

slavefn New Member

GPU:
    2070s
    I reverted to driver 452.22. I don't have encountered any problems

3. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    No issues here on this driver and fortnite just saying ;)

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Correlation =/= Causation.

put the new driver on and it'll keep being just fine, the fortnite servers are just bad at times.

This issue even happens on consoles.

5. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070Super
    Had this myself until i did a full system reinstall. The card have never been so fast as with the new drivers. If you just upgraded trough the last windows builds, i would strongly
    recommend a full system reinstall.

6. Divsta

Divsta New Member

GPU:
    3070 Gaming X Trio
    I had significant issues with this driver today with my new 3070.

I'd been running OK on the 457.09 driver but only after disabling hardware accelerated GPU scheduling in the Windows 10 "Graphics Settings" menu. Trying to run with the option enabled caused frequent stutters, messed with my USB audio on my headset and upon running LatencyMon the Nvidia driver was reporting ridiculously high latency.
    I played Battlefield V, Detroit Become Human, Death Stranding and various other games for over a week without any issues at all.

After updating my driver today and trying to play Assassin's Creed Valhalla the game kept continuously crashing at the initial "Press any button to start" splash screen. I rebooted to safe mode, DDU wiped my Nvidia drivers, rebooted normally and fresh installed the new driver without GeForce Experience but this didn't help either.
    I finally decided to try and enable hardware accelerated GPU scheduling again and after a reboot AC Valhalla loads fine and benchmarks without the stutter frenzy and my audio is also O.K!

Does anyone have idea why I've encountered these issues with this hardware accelerated GPU scheduling option I didn't even realise was a thing until last week?

jura11 likes this.
  7. richieryoichi

richieryoichi Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    I tried installation one more time but used DDU this time and the "Clean" package from this site. That worked. I don't know what caused the original "installation failed" problem but running 457.30 now on this W7 computer. I don't need this driver. 457.17 was working fine too. I just like to try running new versions whenever they appear. This was a rare case for me, I haven't experienced much problems with Nvidia driver installers on W7.

What comes to W7 and reasons for still using it, there were good reasons mentioned already by other users. I'll briefly add my own view on that.

I've got about nine other desktop computers. They have almost a decade old motherboard platforms, so not the latest technology on any of them. But I've been running W10 on each of them from the beginning when first W10 versions came out. Insider previews and regular versions, I've seen every W10 build there has been so far, just because often I like to install new versions. I don't actually do anything with those computers. I haven't used them for any kind of personal work. During these last five years I've run also W8.1 in few of them (and a couple of Linux distros alongside).

The least powerful of my computers which is my daily workhorse is stil running W7. Also my gaming computer is running W7. I like to play games that are few years older, not released in 2020. All the games that I've had the pleasure to play so far have worked well enough on that W7 host. From what I remember of reading some reviews on Steam for example, some of the older games have been mentioned to have problems with running on W10.

Then maybe there could be also such things as minimal fps differences on some games (better results on W10), I don't even know, but small performance differences are completely insignificant for me. I haven't needed W10 for my gaming at all so far. I haven't been running the latest series GPUs yet and there has been W7 drivers for my cards available. Maybe ten years from now (after I've completed at first those 100+ games still waiting at my list at the moment) I will need to use W10 if I will want to play games from current 2020 era.

The reason why I don't want to use W10 for my actual every day computer usage and for my personal work is simple. I like to feel my every day computer experience to be a specific kind of an experience and W10 isn't able to provide that experience.

I started playing PC games when we had 486 and DOS. Then proceeded with W95, W98. (skipped 2000), XP, (skipped Vista) and W7. I want to have the feeling that I'm the only user at my computer. That feeling is not achievable if running W10. For me that system looks and feels like it's a product from this fancy social media era (last 15 years) which as a cultural phenomenon is currently deteriorating peoples mental health all aroung the world (excluding perhaps some indigenous tribes). I don't want to have anything of that 'live role play' type of connectivity integrated into my OS. Most of the "features" that new updates always bring in W10 are features that I don't want to have anything to do with. I still prefer to see plain solid background colour at my desktop. I don't need any OS support for the pending technology products. I don't want to connect my phone with my computer. I don't want to have anything sync'd between devices. I want to be connected to something only when I feel that I want to do that. That is a comprehensive feeling that I can get xxx times better with W7 and that's the way I like it.

One additional example for mentioning is that I've still got some older audio 'outboard' hardware that I like to use. There's a serial port connection at the back panel of one fine product and the device can be remotelly operated via GUI software (made in XP era). Software works slowly but is operable in W7. The last time I tried installing it in W10 I got no GUI.

SatsuiNoHado likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Hardware issue, HAGS in no other case causes DPC latency spikes or issues.

Turn PCIE to Gen 3 if using a Ryzen 3k, consider RMA'ing it to obtain a replacement with a good pcie controller.

Also, HAGS defaults to off, so the only way it was enabled was if you did it.

9. Divsta

Divsta New Member

GPU:
    3070 Gaming X Trio
    I have actually already set PCI-E to Gen 3 as I encountered serious issues last year trying to use my 5700 XT in my Node 202 ITX case with this motherboard and the Fractal riser card.
    I currently have my 3070 in the Raijintek Ophion Evo ITX with the Raijintek PCI-E 3 riser cable and the motherboard is still forced to PCI-E Gen 3.

I do remember enabling HAGS as I saw it offered lowered latency and improved performance but it ran awful with the first driver.
    With the latest driver I have to enable HAGS to play AC Valhalla without it stuttering to bits.

It's very weird... Are you suggesting my PCI-E riser cable is not functioning correctly? Is there a way I could actually test this?

Edit: I've ordered an EZDIY 250mm replacement riser cable from Amazon as I've read of some really bad reviews for the Raijintek riser cables included with my case.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Think I'll just do a Windows reinstall before I install any new drivers. At this point unless you have an RTX 3000 series card what's the point? Turing cards I guess. For me there is only two games I play on buying day one and those are Cyberpunk and Hellblade 2.

11. lexuger

lexuger Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 Super
    I understood, only solution is reinstall windows again, but the latest 2004 version. (I already using, and HAGS give me stuttering problems too)

If after reinstalling everything again, it remains the same, with problems and low performance with the latest drivers, really im commit suicide.

12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    [​IMG]

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That's actually quite possible, quite a few of the risers sold as gen 3 capable are anything but and definitely can't handle gen 4.

You shouldn't see much, if any change in DPC latencies with HAGS on. I did a fair amount of testing recently with a 1060 on a x58 system i use in the lounge for media and emulation gaming, and the chipset stepping in that actually has a flaw that can lead to higher dpc latencies so it was actually a worst case test setup for potential DPC issues.

My experience with DPC's where massive spikes are concerned is that they involve device and communication errors, the 680 i had in that machine prior had a tendency of hitting 800+us sporadically under what was practically idle usage because of some flaw i had never bothered to rectify involving it being stuck at 8x, those period spikes were a symptom of bus re-negotiation and never really correlated to performance loss, apart from 8x limiting transfers to 3.2GB/s device<>host.

The 1060 negotiates to 16x without issue and whilst that doesn't change the potential issues with the x58 stepping, the dpc latency has been great in and out of HAGS, I only happened to turn it off recently to try finding a root cause for a DSR performance oddity i have since linked to Optimal power.

It's come to light that a number of Zen 2 chips still produce non-fatal errors at Gen 3, which won't crash your pc but will lead to correction routines reducing performance and raising latency, some are worse than others. You might even notice crashes if you place a high performance m.2 on the cpu.

I only hope that Zen 3 has a better pool of IO chiplets to pull from.

14. Divsta

Divsta New Member

GPU:
    3070 Gaming X Trio
    I actually have a Sabrent Rocket 1TB NVME on the back of this motherboard (Asrock B450 Fatal1ty ITX), I consider it a high performance NVME?

I'm going to swap the riser cable tomorrow for the new EZDIY one. Is there any specific software you suggest I run for logging DPC or any other info that I can use for comparison when I switch over to the new riser cable tomorrow?

15. MMXMMX

MMXMMX Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3090
    During install i get a black screen crash and after hard reset everything works fine.

Strange
    EVGA 3080 and windows 10

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Windows Performance Recorder, and the Performance Analyzer tool.
    https://serverfault.com/a/622576

fluidz likes this.
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    So where is Destiny2 reflex mode? I dont see it ingame.

EDIT:

Do I need some sdk part in driver for it? I used slimmed down installer.

EDIT2: The game is now very choppy, not smooth at all.. any fixes in the future?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  18. schilperoordbas

schilperoordbas Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    For some reason I'm getting graphical glitches with my RTX 3080 on this driver.

19. Divsta

Divsta New Member

GPU:
    3070 Gaming X Trio
    Thanks for the advice.

I installed and ran a popular driver update program that recommended updates for some drivers including Intel Ethernet and Intel Wi-Fi. I also reinstalled my audio drivers and now I'm able to disable HAGS and play with a much lower peak DPC execution time and seem to have better performance too. I'm having such a nightmare considering I did a fresh Windows install for my 3070 on Sunday the 1st of November

I'll see how it gets on for the next few days and report back!

20. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GXT
    This has noticeably reduced performance while gaming compared to 457.09 for me and introduced some micro-stutter that wasn't there before - not good drivers at all for my RTX 2080.

-Tj- likes this.