NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the audio driver has no control nor responsibility over output switching

2. Trihy

Trihy Member Guru

GPU:
    Onboard
    Just changed gpu from amd to nvidia. Same system, same windows, old nvidia problems.

It's related to signal detection.

Amd do this way better, not perfect but better.

And my xbox 360 from 2005 do that fine too.

3. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 3x SLI
    I can confirm that with this driver I got different results using HDMI on my old LED TV 1080P.

And before, one time a driver gave me other results,

Sure thing, these results are due to driver and not hardware, in Linux I got even other results than windows, sometimes unsupported resolution for the supported resolution. I tried my led TV with Intel and AMD graphics cards and it worked, except with NVIDIA,

So many are complaining, but I am 100% convinced that NVIDIA engineers so far didn't understand how HDMI works, or they can't imply it in their drivers.

I am sure so many will be pissed at me, cause they like NVIDIA, and I agree NVIDIA make very strong GPUs but they miss the basic function for thier graphic card.

I read you post earlier but I was and still busy

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well, this driver seemed to have fixed resume from sleep Destiny2 crash -broccolli TDR. I didn't get it anymore now after 3hrs resumed from sleep.
    Before with earlier 456.xx or lower drivers it happened within 30min or less.

nv support wasn't any help at all.. just some random questions the last few days.

ManuelG, if you reported it, thanks!

edit: It's still ok now, 2nd day and another resume from sleep, this time I played around 4hrs and no broccolli. :)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. washburnx

washburnx Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970
    I can confirm that this version wont work on mortal kombat 11? switching to the previous one will make things work...

7. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    Faulting application name: Control_DX12.exe, version: 0.0.342.9734, time stamp: 0x5f4cd714
    Faulting module name: nvngx_dlss.dll, version: 2.0.34.0, time stamp: 0x5eea8ac9
    Exception code: 0x80000003
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000004867
    Faulting process id: 0x3694
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6b1224f3ffdc5
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\Control\Control_DX12.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Games\Control\nvngx_dlss.dll
    Report Id: 89351e32-7066-4552-b8d4-a22d23c046cd
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I keep getting this error when trying to fire up Control in DX12 mode.

Not much issues with DX11.

Win Ver 1903 / Latest drivers

8. mithunnivas

mithunnivas New Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 gaming
    i have a 3080 and lg cx. on nvidia control panel i have only ycbcr444 limited. why is it not full?

9. M2k

M2k New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    with every new version, i am loosing more and more fps in valorant with my 2080 super...a few months ago i had constant 300 and now its hard to reach the 300 and it drops down to 210 and sometimes lower

10. Toss3

Toss3 Member Guru

GPU:
    WC Inno3D GTX 980 TI
    You need to set a PC resolution and the HDMI input to PC in LG's menu. :)

11. DerekYeeter

DerekYeeter New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 780Ti x2
    I'm having an issue installing the graphics drivers on a machine I haven't used in over a year. It has a fresh install of Windows 10 Home and I have 2x GTX 780Ti's in SLI in the machine.

Whenever I go to install the latest graphics drivers (457.09), the install gets about half way, the screen goes black (not loss of signal--just black), and eventually after a restart or two Windows asks me to restore to the last working settings. I've narrowed this issue down to the graphics drivers or something incompatible between them and Windows 10, as I can install everything else without issue. I've done the install by itself with the drivers downloaded from the NVidia website and I've also tried to let Windows update do it--both give the same result. I use DDU every time I try to reinstall the drivers to insure it's a clean install... I've wiped the drive and installed Windows 10 itself twice..

The machine is fresh--completely wiped HDD and SSD. Windows and the drivers I'm trying to install is on the SSD.

Can anyone help me here? I don't know what else to do.

12. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    I don't believe those cards are supported anymore.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    will try this later, i think i own it?

if its a gigabyte mainboard, you need CSM on in the bios for some reason.

700 series gpu's don't play well with current drivers though, quite a few cases of sudden deaths that don't occur on corresponding 600 series parts

399.24 should work.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the game developers are responsible for the nvngx_dlss.dll.

did you use a stripped driver missing the nodejs folder?, doesn't appear to be a driver regression issue the only other case ever registered was for minecraft at the start of the year.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  15. DerekYeeter

DerekYeeter New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 780Ti x2
    Yeah I know they're quite old... What would you suggest I do? How would I find the last drivers that were release when it was supported?

16. mithunnivas

mithunnivas New Member

GPU:
    msi gtx 1080 gaming
    In lg cx input dashboard i have made the hdmi input 1 icon to pc.
    disabled freesync premium as i am using nvidia card.
    instant game response is on
    deep color is on.

but still the dynamic range of ycbcr 444 is limited only

upload_2020-11-3_8-46-36.png

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's supposed to be, YCbCr444 is not by design a full range format.

18. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Go to Nvidia site and Search For Drivers. Input your OS and GPU type and it should offer you the latest compatible driver.

However if Windows Update attempts to use an unsupported version too then that might be a problem as WU will likely try to overwrite the older driver.

If you have W10 Pro configure Group Policy to disable device driver updates via WU.

If not, use the wushowhidediag tool (Google for that one to find it).

Last but not least the driver installer performs a compatibility check which should fail if GPU is unsupported so issue might be elsewhere.

Kepler and earlier are unsupported but IIRC 780 Ti is 1st gen Maxwell.
    Meaning Ti in particular.

Edit: no, Kepler is still supported too as stated in release notes.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2020
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    780 Ti is GK110, second gen Kepler, all kepler is still supposed to be supported, but 400 series drivers are iffy on boost 2.0 cards.

20. DerekYeeter

DerekYeeter New Member

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 780Ti x2
    Alright so I guess the last supported version is this set of drivers (457.09). So I went ahead and installed them (in safe mode--to be safe?) that went fine. I restarted normally and now I get the black screen...

Since my previous post I attempted some more trouble shooting. I went ahead and wiped Windows again, did a fresh install this time of just Windows 8.1 (not 10), updated everything to current EXCEPT for the graphics drivers. Then I downloaded the graphics drivers from the NVidia website and installed them in Safe Mode, rebooted. And I'm at the black screen issue again where I have to go and restore Windows to the point prior to installing the drivers. What gives!

Any suggestions?