NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 399.07 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by disq, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Do you use cutom bit bit depth, so yes try auto settings, check monitor settings. is it not working try a clean windows repair windows, still not working RMA your monitor.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Tj, you're noobing at the (i assume sole) developer of LAV video.

And he isn't being know-it-all, hes correcting a frequent misunderstanding of driver branches.

It needs a restart if the nvidia hdmi audio is the current default sound device.

dr_rus and Passus like this.
  3. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    I had a similar problem and discovered Windows 10 was using the wrong registry key for my monitor and was using a generic monitor key rather than the correct key for my Samsung monitor. The correct key was listed but wasn't set as active. If I tried to select HDR in Windows it wouldn't stick. I was unable to delete the incorrect key due to security permissions. So ended up copying the Samsung monitor registry information and pasting into the default reg key. And the problem was fixed. I can't remember exactly how I did it but I think the relevent keys are here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\DISPLAY

And there is a forum on a similar issue here: https://social.technet.microsoft.co...and-monitor-registry-settings?forum=w7itproui.

I wouldn't return your monitor until you've investigated this or worse case scenario, reformat and reinstall Windows. If there is nothing wrong with your monitor you will be charged to get it back.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    Cryengine likes this.
  4. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    388.xx HDR working fine 4.2.0 12bit
    39X.xx HDR sometimes works with auto settings but no means with 4.2.0 12bit (green screen and freez till I disable HDMI 2.0 in monitor options)

5. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Best setting for my Samsung C32HG70 is 1440p RGB Full 8bit at 120hz. Windows 10 enables 8bit HDR with dithering. There are very few actual 12bit HDR displays. Most are 8bit + FALD (dithering) which simulates 10/12 bit colour. I can run 12 bpc colour at 1440p Full RGB @ 60hz or I can run 4k at 60hz, YCbCr422 12 bpc Limited. YCbCr420 is selectable but my screen goes blank so it's not compatible with my monitor.

HDMI 2.0 has bandwidth limitations so if your screen is going green your probably going over the bandwidth limit my selecting a high resolution, a high refresh rate, and a high bit rate. You need to scale it back somewhere. Older Nvidia Drivers and older versions of Windows 10 did not support 8bit + FALD and so I could only run HDR at 60hz but I was getting a little colour smearing in games at a low refresh rate. So RGB Full 8bit at 120hz works best for me.

Cryengine likes this.
  6. Cryengine

Cryengine Member Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080 Ti oc
    Thanks for your reply, maybe my HDMI cable is not good enough I will try another one and see if things get better, I am at 4K resolution 60 hz

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  7. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @NVIDIA, please kindly release game ready for TWO POINT HOSPITAL. Thanks.

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Why you dont use DP1.2+ for 10 bit rgb full for 144hz HDR?

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Noobing? Clever way of putting it out there.. and nope.
    Doesn't matter if he's the MS owner Bill Gates, that doesn't mean anything.

10. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Because I only have a 980ti with DP 1.2 which doesn't support HDR. I'll upgrade my GPU at some point but 980ti is still powerful enough to push 60fps @ 1440p on high settings for most games ,so I can't justify the cost. I'm using 1/2 refresh adaptive Vsync :)

11. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

It does because he knows what he is talking about.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Whenever I see someone reporting in: "such and such branch...", I substitute the rest of the post with "blah-bla-bla".

It's how it worked best for me :D

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  14. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    So non 980ti owners have told me in Guru3d forums in the past. I've updated the firmware and it may enable some 1.3/1.4 DP features (144hz Full RGB etc) but it doesn't magically change Display Port 1.2 hardware into Display Port 1.3/1.4 Hardware. And it doesn't enable HDR properly. I've tried it, and it looks like s**t. Whereas it works on HDMI 2.0 as it has always done. If a 980ti owner has managed to enable HDR and its properly recognized in HDR games like Assassins Creed Origins, Resident Evil 7 or Final Fantasy XV, I'll have another look at this. Assassins Creed Origins is a good test in the HDR settings menu. If HDR is working correctly the sun is not all overblown, and the picture is not dim.

I wouldn't take what Nvidia says at face value. Like the latest marketing ploy that a 2080ti is 60% faster than older generation, with the small print being with "ray tracing". And the actual gaming performance increase over 1080ti is likely to be only 35% faster for 100% more money!! lol

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    His video knowledge has nothing do to with it.

and no r398 is not the same as r396 even if they both have same "optimizations. Just like r397 --- 397.64, heck even r396_00 vs r396_40 is not the same. By same I mean one I.e. 396_00 has issues all the time while r396-40 almost none.

And this is why driver branches matter, at least to me.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It supports 1.4 definitely. It's hardware 1.4 DP with 1.2 certification, which is why they don't list 1.4 under specs.

The 1080Ti is only certified for 1.2 as well.

Your issues lie elsewhere, it is in fact a real 1.4DP port.

You may try dumping your bios and I can update it to the latest GOP driver, if the tool did not already do so(usually doesn't)

17. jrolson

jrolson Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    +1

khanmein likes this.
  18. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Yes but the 1080ti was released as DP 1.4 ready. How can the 980ti be 1.4 ready when it was released in June 2015 and DP 1.4 was not created until March 2016? How can a firmware/bios update increase the DP 1.2 9Gbit/s bandwidth to DP 1.4 18Gbit/s? And implement support for HDR metadata that it was not designed for?

19. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Is anybody experiencing crashes on The Witcher 3? I got "no signal" on the monitor couple of times right after loading a savegame and now the game froze, allowing me to go back to windows though. Never had this before.

Otherwise I would think my PSU is telling me good-bye.

20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    All good here so far.