NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 398.82 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Aug 1, 2018.

1. SpookySkeleton

SpookySkeleton Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yep played today for an hour and everything seems right the game is smooth and good.

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Have you tested LatencyMon to see what is happening?

3. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    Driver is quite stable on my 1070, 970 and 750Ti's. No major issues so far. Still hoping for a modernized and simple GUI upgrade for the 400 driver branch.

4. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I think it's time for Nvidia to renew the control panel interface.
    It's true that the old GUI is simple and it works, but these days with large 4k screens, there's a lot of wasted space.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    If they ever do an update, my guess NV just forgets NVCP and merge new UI to GE.

6. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    I'm annoyed. I just installed a new Nvidia card with these drivers and my colour profile isn't holding after restart. Why is this happening? The sliders are where they're supposed to be but things are going back to default.

7. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Do this and you will be just fine. Then restart your machine and it will be ok! No need to do the same thing when you update to newer drivers. Do it only once and you will be ready to go! See below... (disable calibration loader)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    SpookySkeleton, AQUILES and AsiJu like this.
  8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    I saw that posted on reddit but I ran out of intelligence at a crucial moment and couldn't find the boxes to uncheck. I used the controls on my monitor to get the job done but thanks anyway. :)

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :mad:

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    They'll have to make GE modular first so that users would be able to install "just the driver" or only some features of GE instead of all of them. Forcing GE on everyone won't work in EU countries.

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Opt-in for the online parts would be enough wouldn't it? No forced registration and data telemetry unless opted into willingly and with info provided on what this does in detail from the software in question.

EDIT: Keeping it transparent for the end-user basically and giving a choice of whether to participate or not with online functionality.

EDIT: But I don't know how flexible it would be, if they require registration for say the driver update functionality and you have to submit a hardware log that might pass.
    Depends, I assume the general data protection law will see some testing in these areas as various firms try to get past some of it's restrictions.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yes, that would be the proper way of doing it. They did just move to a driver only option so maybe that will come true.
    On the other hand, they keep adding to GE, seems new Ansel and possible OC feature, if rumors are right.

We will see sone enough, shouldn't be more than a month.

13. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti/RadVII/2070S
    I'm getting some weird lines/banding in the argent tower level in Doom with these, the only way to get rid of it is to turn directional occlusion off. This is a very old problem, isn't it? I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet.

14. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    yup its old problem , another solution is downsampling with DSR it makes reduce lines

15. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super