NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 398.82 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Aug 1, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    [Firefox]: Cursor shows brief corruption when hovering on certain links in Firefox. [2107201]

I am almost tempted to upgrade to these drivers, if this means what I think it means, cause for aslong as I remeber and this going back 5+ years and to windows 7 and before the cursor had always randomly got corrupt when going over a link....

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    ^
    Yeah, or by steam too at times..

I first saw this with win8 I think, not sure..

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I'm not the only one that noticed this issue like long long timer ago eh? I pretty sure this going back to when I first started using firefox which was windows xp goldage. if it actual fixes that, then I might just might uupgrade my drivers then everything works fine for atm

Either way if this is for what I think it is for it proof this issue was with nvidia drivers,

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    -Tj- likes this.
  4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I haven't actually seen it happen with firefox 62 so far.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Weird. I ran it and it said that it was on after the benchmark finished. The performance during that run was also inline with previous scores with async turned on, if not slightly better. When I go home I'll upload the screenshot of that run later on, but one thing I noticed is that the performance characteristics are slightly different compared to previous runs. This tells me that the driver's programming when it comes to asynchronous workloads is different than before.

6. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    Valley ~ the same as 397.64. QC, Vermintide2, Midair no issue, all run good. However, I still think 397.64 is smoother and tighter.

7. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Here are several screenshots with async turned with different drivers. If you look at the CPU render framerate, it has gone down in these newest set of drivers, despite the average framerate increasing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cave Waverider and endbase like this.
  8. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Something has just always felt off with the 38x & 39x branch drivers since using them.
    Don't know if something is going on with memory subsystem or the color compression algos or something, but they seem to have more microstutters and not as smooth as previous drivers.

Most definitely not a scientific evaluation, just from using them. Could also be windows 10 updates maybe. Wish Nvidia would drop all of the useless Experience, Ansel & telemetry bull in the drivers and concentrate on making a robust driver for windows 10. Using a GTX 1080 here. . .

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    So I have a question now guys, because a friend thinks about getting himself a new monitor:

When using a main monitor for gaming with Gsync, and a second one without Gsync, does that work? Do you really have adaptable framerates (working Gsync) on the main screen and the other one's still usable for other stuff? Anybody having such a setup who can give me some intel on that?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it works, but the desktop is always treated as a single image so anything operating at full framerate on the normal / 60hz screen will bring the gsync screen down too.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for your answer. So if somebody uses a Gsync screen with borderless window mode (the way he plays games), and the desktop extending to show either desktop or a stream on the other screen, it won't work displaying e.g. a browser on the right window, and a borderless window game on the left (then Gsync) one?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it will work, but any activity on the browser will bring down the framerate of the game.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thank you very much for the answer. Might as well give a second monitor a try again now...

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have not actual payed attention to the bug in years, I have not updated to these drivers either. if issue with nvidia driver or firefox it self I guess we find out if I see it happen

15. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

Not judging if you legitimately like the game, but man this made me chuckle. Sorry, bud.

-Tj- likes this.

16. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    I'm getting DX11 crashes in Final Fantasy 14 with these drivers, never happened before.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I got a tdr in clash royale. Its f2p game, I don't play this but friend ask me I'd I want to do a game or two. So I did and after 15-30min I got that error..

While in game on left corner with red text saying driver reset lowering textures, I played only with this driver, idk what's with others.. already deleted the game.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Make a proper clean install with DDU! Shouldnt be a driver issue...or else you would see more complaints about it in the (FFIV) forums.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  19. Bhudda

Bhudda Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti
    Just a FYI there is a newer version 398.98 with additional hotfixes

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4694?linkId=100000003219695

20. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    For anyone that's interested, asynchronous compute is OFFICIALLY turned back on in Gears of War 4 for NVidia users after an update that went out today, and you can now toggle it in the settings again :cool: