NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 398.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jun 26, 2018.

1. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @Yxskaft Don't brainwashed by LTT too much. Use some common sense.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    There is no point to implementing a driver hack that limits tesselation on the polymorph engine.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There is no point in any hack which negatively affects image quality. Same results can be reached by changing in-game settings. Which is why I'm still wondering what's the point of texture filtering optimizations being present in modern NV drivers.

4. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    All games don't have in-game settings for tessellation that's on the same level as AMD's driver hack. And at TW3's release, AMD users could turn on Gameworks but limit the tessellation level, and got better performance than the Kepler equivalents did.

Mass Effect Andromeda is another example where AMD users can lower the tessellation but still get better graphics than with it turned off completely. Many users wouldn't spot the differences. PCgameshardware.de got 19% better performance on their R9 390 by using AMD Optimized.
    http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Mass-...712/Specials/Mass-Effect-Andromeda-1223325/2/

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Right, they have other settings which you can tweak to get better performance. Considering that NV GPUs are rarely limited by their tessellation performance, this is generally a much better idea if you want to get higher fps.

Which is of no indication of what a similar hacking of tessellation level would get you on an NV GPU. You'd likely be looking at a much lower gains.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Even Polaris and Vega GPU's don't have the same performance as Pascal for this but they do improve the tessellation performance by a fair bit, although overall it depends on how much is tessellated and how far out this effect gets drawn.
    For Witcher 3 you also have MSAA on hairworks which defaults at 8x and that still has a impact on current generation AMD GPU's though it also hits NVIDIA's cards so CD Project eventually ended up exposing this as a configurable setting. :)
    (Though even 4x introduces more shimmer but the additional performance gain isn't bad if you can handle the drop in visual quality.)

Overall I believe NVIDIA still has the lead when it comes to geometry performance so tessellation does pretty well and newer games are a bit better at how it's applied too.

Anyways the GPU test above would differ on a newer AMD GPU and the hit would likely be lower still on NVIDA's hardware. :)

7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. LewiesMan

LewiesMan Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA-GT-730/2GB
    I currently have a Nvidia GT-730-2GB(ram)-128bit-ddr3 GPU which driver (besides the one in this thread) can I install to get Cuda 9.0/8.0 working? (geforce 340.52 is too weak - I need something more recent) The reason I'm asking for drivers besides 398.36 is this latest keeps stalling my GPU :( Any help is greatly apreciated. thanks.

9. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    There are three different GT 730 models, yours seems to be Fermi (400/500 series), which is now on Legacy support. Right now the latest driver for that is 391.35.

10. LewiesMan

LewiesMan Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA-GT-730/2GB
    Many Thanks!

11. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    For what it's worth at this point, I have managed to play several 4+ hour Horde sessions with friends in Gears of War 4 without a single issue on these drivers. It seems I am one of the people for whom the recent GoW4 fix works.