NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 398.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Jun 26, 2018.

1. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    still cant record with shadowplay system / game sounds if i choose 5.1 channel

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yeah, this has been a huge issue on Pascal GPU for a long time. In fact, my best friend and I never got to finish the game and really dig in to horde because I had a 1080 at the time that could not run the game without crashes and freezes all the time. This driver here supposedly fixes those issues, but I'm not downloading ~130GB again just to find out whether they finally fixed GoW4 or not. Good luck.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never noticed this cause I never really used 4:4:4 on my HDMI, connections I just used RGB set to full, but for some reason 4:4:4 only has limited range option no full range, on my TCL s515

But it any RGB mode it used it is there

4. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    That may be a result of the metadata the TV reports. It may not report Full-Range 4:4:4 as a supported format. But there is usually no reason to use 4:4:4 when you can use RGB anyway.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Yeah, I read about it already, that sucks. Apparently the problem occurs mostly on 1080s/1080Tis.
    I've installed these new drivers but due to a lack of time I haven't still played the game. I'll report what will happen as soon as I can play a bit.

By the way, with the previous drivers I lowered the VRAM OC a bit, from +400 to +300 and it didn't crash for that portion of game I've played, but I can't tell for sure if it was just "luck" or actually OC related.

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Yeah, tough to say. I looked at the forums for the game and lots of people on this driver still have issues. Back on my 1080 I would sometimes have it crash/freeze in less than 30 minutes, or go 2 hours and crash when we were on wave 47 of a 1-50 Horde run. After the first crash in campaign I put clocks back to stock, yet crashes and freezes remained. That is why I've since uninstalled the game and now I'm waiting to see tests after GoW5 comes out.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So far it's the best driver after 397.64,

My personal favs are 388.84, 391.35, 397.64 and now this one, rest is crap.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I had some audio popping while playing music (any player) and it turned out to be a dpc latency issue due to the nvidia driver. 397.64 np.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So far no obvious issues with the driver for me.

10. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Same here. Since doing a clean install with this driver I've played 8+ hours including PCARS 2, Forza Horizon 3, GTAV, Sniper Elite 3, Grim Dawn, Trials Fusion and Wildlands. I hope to be able to keep this as a solid set before the 400.xx drivers arrive. One game I have not tried and most likely won't is Gears of War 4. This driver does mention fixing it, but I gave up on it many drivers ago.

11. Driver9000

Driver9000 Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1070
    I found it funny reading the release notes to find this:

"[FIXED][Surround]: Multiple games crash when launched in Surround mode. [2181329]"
    because that is exactly the issue I had for a while which was the reason I didn't play in surround mode for a while.

Thing is: this update broke the Surround Mode. When choosing "1x3" I can only select TWO monitors... So...
    A game can not crash when launched in 1x3 if you can't use 1x3, am I right? :)

12. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Can't comment on that, not running surround mode sry. Maybe @ManuelG is the guy you'd want to talk to in that regard.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Uhm... did you maybe get the wrong thread here, @videotester2 ?
    Or just trolling AMD? o_O

14. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    5.1 in game settings, what game?

15. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    no in asus strix drivers if i choose 2.0 or headphones its recod system game sounds
    for example the crew 2 but then i tried destop youtube record and no sound still i have both tracks (mic + system) in same track not seperated problem with this and previveus hotfix didnt try before drivers
    check my youtube yosef019 last live stream no game sounds

i remember its worked before some drivers i did stream when mirrors edge 2 is out its worked by then

Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
    -Tj- likes this.

16. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    I've retried the DP 1.4 cable after a new update from Windows and yes I can get the Windows 10 HDR slider to come up and Windows does recognise the C32HG70 as a HDR monitor and so do games. But no HDR signal is transmitted over DP 1.2. When a HDR signal is received the source info will say Display Port HDR and it will have the words HDR in the information menu of the monitor O.S.D. Have you checked this? If it's not there, your not getting HDR whatever Windows says.

HDR runs fine with 980ti on HDMI but your limited to 60hz RGB Full 12bit 1440p. Or if refresh rate is more important to you than HDR then HDMI 2.0 can transmit 1440p 8bpc, YCbCr422, Limited. What ever combination of settings you use HDMI 2.0 can only transmit 18gbps. So if HDR is not working or you're picture looks funny, you've probably gone over your bandwidth capability.

If anyone can get HDR on display port with 980ti (and the monitor tells you it's getting HDR), let me know and I'll try swapping the cables again.

I've pretty much given up on 39* series drivers as they all introduce stuttering. I blame that Spectre/Meltdown security fix Nvidia introduced. The smoothest driver for me is 388.59.

17. mhmilo24

mhmilo24 Guest

GPU:
    980Ti

Thanks, great info. I'll keep an eye on anything new regarding HDR and DP1.2 but thanks for everything. And Im definatelty going to try 388.59, since the last three updated did introduce major frame drops to my system.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    that is the thing I dont think Full Range works on RGB either cause Full and Limited look the same to me on this tv

19. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Borderless window gsync is broken in this driver as well as the last. It works right after the driver is installed and upon rebooting, the refresh rate stays locked at 120hz. Flawless with everything else.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I dont think Full/Limited does anything when this TCL S515/517 is connect via the hdmi. if it does if it does the change is so slight i cant tell, it not washed out though