Nvidia GeForce Game ready 359.06 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 1, 2015.

1. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    That is how it is here now, I remember the glory days, that's in the past. It is extremely negative now and very anti nvidia in general. Been using nvidia sli 10 years now, don't pay attention to the sli haters most have a single gpu in their rig and probably a large amount of them never used sli at all.

2. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i personally think he either got a defective psu or gpu. mostly likely psu.

3. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    bro, i got TDR issue b4 but after i changed new psu it gone. u can try other psu. by looking at ur spec, if i were u, i will get at least 1K watt psu for more over-clock headroom but i won't OC cpu or ram so i go for 850 in the future.

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Gimme A Beat!!!!...boop boop bshp boop boop boop bshp...

I Love My Sli cuz it makes me grin :D
    Up grade time I'll do it again.

Drops Mic In My B-boy Stance.

5. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    I see there is a 359.12 Notebook driver on the GeForce forum. I've downloaded and installed without having to mod it as it already contained my GPU's ID and Strings. The driver version is also different from 359.06.

Notebook 359.12 - R359.12 (r359_06-2) / 10.18.13.5912 (12-1-2015)

GeForce 359.06 - R359.06 (r358_00-187) / 10.18.13.5906 (11-24-2015)

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3812

EDIT : Nice, a new driver to test and Doom alpha is now downloading. Just as well I can't sleep tonight.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  6. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i don't think got any improvement at all. just a hotfix nothing special. i stick with WHQL

7. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    @Khanmein

Yeah probably not but stranger things have happened. I'll give it a go because of the branch difference though.

8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Don't sweat it bud, it's your money and you can do what you like with it.

If you want to build insane systems because that's what makes you happy, you go right ahead :D

Unfortunately, SLI has not been well supported for the last 12 months and it seems to be getting worse.

As others have said, those who tell us to 'calm down' etc are, for the most part, not SLI users.

As long as the lack of proper support for SLI (and by consequence 4K) continues, people are going to complain (as well they should).

Saying things like 'it's not Nvidia's fault' does nothing to placate anyone.

Take JC3 for example, it's advertised as SLI enabled on Nvidia's site but JC3 devs are saying it isn't.

Another wrinkle (that seems to be way more prevalent as of late), is new drivers breaking stuff that worked in the previous driver (this happens from time to time but it seems to have become much more common lately).

I'll use SWBF as an example, it worked perfectly using SLI (one of the few recent AAA releases that had SLI support before launch), but now it's broken in 359.06.

Obviously, we bought SLI enabled rigs to enjoy games in all their glory so it sticks in one's craw that we are now being forced to wait (or lower resolution/disable details) in order to play games on day one.

Of course it annoys people, and as paying customers, we absolutely should not take it on the chin.

JM2C

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well I can imagine people having one gpu in their rig as they don't like SLI, obviously. But the question I was really interested in, if he ever used it at some point, and when. SLI hasn't always been supported (or not) the way it is now.

I'm still fine with my SLI system, tbh, since the only game I play that doesn't support it (Overwatch) doesn't even need two 980s to run perfectly fine. And everything else... either doesn't need it, or runs perfectly fine. Fallout 4 for instance, the only reason I'd like to have two cards active is to either help against framedrops, or to go for downsampling since you need to cap your fps to play the game 'normally' afaik.

The only thing bugging me about SLI is the bug with different voltages on the two cards, but that's only from an overclocker's perspective.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    My 850 W PSU is less than a year old.

Besides, are you saying that I might have a dodgy PSU that selectively ONLY crashes the driver when doing undemanding tasks like opening Steam and Chrome (yet not Edge, Opera, Internet Explorer or Firefox) and not far more 3D-intensive games that I can play for hours with zero issues?

It's not like my PSU is stressed anyway as none of the components are manually overclocked. The only thing that is, is the GPU core, which is factory overclocked by 100 MHz but that's because I have an EVGA SC model.

Sorry but I just cannot understand how it could be the PSU. :3eyes:

I can guarantee that if I do NOT open Steam (instead, just leave it running in the system tray) or use Chrome that I will not experience a single TDR issue.

11. justsomeguy6575

justsomeguy6575 Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gigabyte G1
    Try this hotfix driver http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=5200802&posted=1#post5200802

It doesn't mention any other fixes other than "Game crashes on certain GeForce GTX 860M notebooks". However I could not create custom resolution in previous drivers but in that hotfix it works fine.

12. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    i don't mean u got a dodgy psu. sometimes u might get a defective unit. run out of luck.

what i can said u need to try it on other pc to clarified ur statement. previously i tested everything & found out my seasonic G-550 was the main culprit. reputation brand can be ****ty too. u won't know.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I had a defective Seasonic once, it shut down the PC every 7 to 8 days while i was browsing the internet. Tooks me MONTHS to figure out it was the PSU.

So ye, it CAN be that.

(in the end i know who broke it tho, which was our young cat who once pulled the power cord from the PSU while PC was on)

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    It's not a bug it's the default voltages, higher asic usually has lower default voltage.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    People have been switching GPUs, and then still the lower card receives less voltages, so it is not always bound to asic. At least that's what I've read over at overclock.net

I can't seem to recall in which thread it is, but I'm fairly sure there seems to be a couple of such threads, there's even some on the geforce forums.

I didn't bother to complain about it, since I'll try to play with Shamino's 980 Strix mod, and hopefully I'll see more than 1.21v at most anyway.

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    A faulty PSU will not result in TDRs, it will give shutdowns and restarts.

I'm 100% sure that this is a s/w conflict. He should do a clean Win10 install and check if the issue persist there.

17. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Completely incorrect statement.
    Most money made by NVIDIA is from people who buy a single graphics card. The ones who buy multiple for the same system, are a minority.

In your eyes, you spent more money on gfx cards, sure, but that doesn't make your statement correct at all.

E.g.
    5000 people buy 4x cards = 20000 cards
    50000 people buy single card = 500000 cards
    = NVIDIA making more money on single card buyers

18. dreamlord

dreamlord Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    did they fix bad company 2 issue with this driver?

or is it same old sh*t like with previous ones?

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I appreciate what you're saying but I do not have another PC to test on unfortunately and even if I did I am not sure I could be bothered with all the hassle of doing it. I do not have another PSU to try either.

I am 99.5% certain that this is a software issue.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    That is a possibility now that I have just done a backup of my Windows 10 install last night.

I suspect it may well fix the issue, at least temporarily, but that it will resurface as I reinstall everything again (which is not something I relish the thought of doing, being someone who has 600+ games installed alone, never mind numerous other programs and tools).

I reverted back to the 32-bit version of Chrome last night and shut my PC down after installing a cumulative Windows update. This morning I used Firefox 42 64-bit instead of Chrome and avoided opening Steam (even though it was running in the background). No TDRs at all. And just before I shutdown to leave for work, I opened up Chrome and Steam and had no TDRs either, though in my experience that is not conclusive since the issue does not occur 100% of the time, usually something like 80-90%, often triggered just by literally opening or even closing the program! :wanker: