Nvidia GeForce Game ready 359.06 WHQL Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    did they fix being unable to change hz in windows 10 ?

2. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I think they are more interested in putting out game ready drivers instead of fixing any windows 10 issues.

priorities you know...

3. xoroku

xoroku Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 2Gb
    I have two 60hz monitors and one 144hz and I'm able to change frequency without issue in this driver but I haven't had any issues with previous drivers either.

4. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    just installed this drivers, still doesn't work here, have to change frequency through windows.. also just cause 3 SLI is not working :bang:

5. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    we need a performance driver to compete with crimson driver by amd

6. robgrab

robgrab Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080 8GB
    I wouldn't expect to see too much more support for SLI going forward. I'm sure NVIDIA is backing away from SLI since the multi GPU features built into DirectX 12 sound superior to both SLI and Crossfire and will therefore eventually replace it. Not only that but you'll be able to mix AMD and NVIDIA cards.

Here's an article from AnandTech running benchmarks with mixed cards.
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/9740/directx-12-geforce-plus-radeon-mgpu-preview

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    no issues relevant to me are solved
    Older OpenGL games are broken after 353.62
    DirectDraw broken after 353.62
    SOMA crashes on launch after 353.62
    Kholat crashes on launch after 353.62
    Call to Pryapat crashes on MP launch after 353.62
    Their solution for Just Cause 3 is to disable sli
    Outlast broken after 352.63
    4GPU SLI broken in ALL quake, doom, RTCW, Wolfenstein 2009 QWET, (idSoftware games) after 353.62
    4GPU SLI is on but not functional (no benefit) in FEAR 2 or 3, CRYSIS 2 or 3 after 353.62
    4GPU SLI is on, generates heat, but is not functional in Saints Row 3, Metro Redux, Metro 2033 (silver games) after 353.62

Unfortunately with the release of windows 10, nvidia has done major compromises on their drivers after 353.62. All the 354.xx through 359.xx have the same compromises.

I've had to use 353.62 and nvidia inspector to get 4GPU to work correctly.
    4GPU performance and stability were thrown out with drivers 354.xx through 359.xx expect for some key titles and not much else.

Fallout 4, 4GPU is still broken in 359.06, its on but three cards are ice cold. If I make a profile in 353.62 with nvidia inspector I get full 4GPU functionality.

sad times with nvidia drivers

8. zig11727

zig11727 Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080 Ti
    No that is for 3D vision

9. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
  10. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    You do some really weird s*** with your monster setup. You are the only one complaining about 4-GPU SLI not working in decade old games. You're simply trying to create problems that are literally non-issues. Why not make a dual boot system, one with everything current and one with 353.62 so you can dick around like a lunatic?

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    its been mentioned that 4x sli is more complicated and harder to scale then 2x and 3x sli

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Whatever numbers of multiGPU usage we have put the share of such users well below 5% of the whole userbase. SLI isn't a priority obviously when there are other things which concerns the majority of their userbase.

Also - three weeks is hardly a lot.

[​IMG]

That's regarding JC3. Crossfire doesn't work either.

Crimson driver have basically the same performance as the previously released 15.11 beta. The only site showing notable increases is WCCFT which I just don't trust at all.

The issue with DX12 mGPU features is that all of them must be implemented by a developer into the renderer itself. With developers not caring even about basically free for them DX11 SLI I don't think that many will implement anything at all.

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Some people just seek problems, it's a hobby aswell i guess :)

Anyone with some common sense would know 4-Way SLI and Dual CPU is a waste of money with all those Console ports.

14. dsr07mm

dsr07mm Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX980Ti G1 6GB
    After reading your experiance people on this forum after every update I never updated drivers. I tested last 3 days Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 with drivers before this one everything worked perfectly and I gained some small improvement in latest AAA titles.

So I dont know perhaps majority have individual issues related to sli/tri configs or some not BASIC things. So anyone who would check these threads he would get feeling that drivers sucks every time lol.

15. Margusx

Margusx Active Member

GPU:
    Msi GTX970 gaming 4g
    :thumbup:

16. Indeed, constantly updating drivers has been blown out of proportion and can have diminishing returns. It's no secret that most tech enthusiasts have some form of OCD that compels us to constantly update and upgrade anything we can get our hands on. Contemporary driver packages are a multitude of times more inclusive and stable compared to a few years ago.
    I'm going to be sticking with 358.91 for a while. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

17. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    These drivers are not WHQL are they.

18. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    If you have an Alienware Aurora, DON'T install!

A friend of mine installed this version, afterwards the BIOS peeps 6 times, which means something regarding the GPU. Also, overclocking (which is enabled by default on Aurora) fails after installing this.

19. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Those are not signed as WHQL for me you can see it here.

[​IMG]

20. wheeljack12

wheeljack12 Guest

just tried the geforce.com drivers (they are up now). They are WHQL for some reason.