Nvidia GeForce Forceware 347.88 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jimmmm, Mar 17, 2015.

1. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    I know this is a late reply but its GFE/ShadowPlay that causes your GPU clock to max out and never down clock on the desktop. If you go to Windows task manager you and click "NVidia Streamer Service " or "NVidia Capture Server" and "End Process", you should see your GPU clock return to normal. Its a known issue that arises every so often.. I had to revert back to GFE 2.2.2.0 which allows my GPU to down clock with no problems. Its a weird bug or something because it will happen to others when I have no problem on the same GFE version.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    GFE is not on my pc, anyway i found what was causing it January update for avast, to be specific the avastui.exe now cause the system to run at 3d clock speeds just sitting on the desktop when max performance is set in global profile, I had to make profile for avast (avastui.exe) in nvcp and set it to adaptive and reboot the system to get idle speeds on desktop again. any driver change and i have to do this now.

but this is the first time i see any AV product. even remotely effect or use the gpu in way it forces 3d clock speeds.

And avast denies there is any problem. so i dont expect avast to fix this.

3. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Use DDU.

Also whenever you're installing a driver, when the nvidia driver asks you where you want to extract the package, just tell it to extract to a folder on your desktop.
    Then after installation, delete the folder. Those 500mb nvidia files you see are from that. The default installation folder is like c:\nvidia corporation or something.

My brother has an ssd and he was very upset because he felt that room in it was being taken for no apparent reason. Turned out that he was testing a few drivers out and he had nearly 4gb of nvidia driver installation folders taking up room.

4. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    weird these drivers make better use of CUDA (higher GPU usage and faster encoding) when using the "old" legacy NVCUVENC libraries, confirmed with Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate, Any video Video Converter Ultimate and MediaCoder.

5. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Is it possible to create new custom resolutions with different refreshrates when DSR is enabled in this new driver?

6. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    crashes bf4 cte

7. KorbenD

KorbenD Guest

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 980
    Doesn't seem to be the case this time. I stopped the streamer service, still at max clocks.

8. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    use 347.62,for me too bf4 crashed with 347.88

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  9. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    disable in the task manager,all the processes that are not main for the system to work,till you find which was responsible.

10. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Why do you guys even use max performance mode? Are there known games where adaptive causes issues?

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

Yes there are games out there that have issues with this. then there is the people that want there 3d game running full clock speeds cause they dont the gpu going up and down in clock as it see fits. cause that usual dont end well if dont work right.

I know for fact that pcsx2 emulation will clock the gpu back and forth as it sees "fit" and it cause framerate drops where there should be any.

For same reason speedstep is disabled for some people it dont always work right and causing issues.

12. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    All working good here , not noticed any problems or bugs my end, and they seem just the same as the last drivers to me , identical 3dmark scores

13. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    Some games use maximum performance by default (wolfenstein the new order, RAGE)

14. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Yes, This driver and the one before both are 294MB in size.

Maybe this driver is a plasebo driver.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    To remove any potential stutters and stability issues, I do have it set to adaptive at global though and max perf. only per game profile

16. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I have no stutters setting to max performance just from global,using nv inspector O_O

17. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    iirc that prevents the GPU clocks from dropping to Idle

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This, to keep it in more low freq. profile by desktop usage.

I have backup profiles (via nvinspctor) from driver to driver so I dont have to go through all 100 games then and set max perf. by each profile.. :D

19. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I've never noticed forcing max performance to actually do anything, and that's across three GPU's.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well back with Fermi when they introduced this I noticed some downclocking by few games or now with Kepler if in menus/loading, which could also sometime glitch the game and crash, very rare, but its a possibility.
    Now I just use it as a precaution.