Nvidia GeForce Forceware 347.88 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jimmmm, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  2. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Funny, the instance I had these installed a message about a newer GF Experience popped up (2.3.10). As soon as I had that installed, 2.4.0 popped up. Ok, 2.4.0 is beta. Also, why do we STILL have to manually reenable SLI every time we install a new driver ? It should not default to single GPU when upgrading and SLI was set.

Edit: I appreciate that it's not a Titan X exclusive driver.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  3. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7900GRE
  4. JohnLai

JohnLai Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970 3.5+0.5GB
    Speaking about new driver ETA after this...........

ManuelG, the Ragnarok Online graphical bug still not fixed with this driver.
    Any ETA for the fix?

5. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I'll never understand why people expect their OC stability to be unaffected by driver updates.

6. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    It does not. Worse performance than on single card.

Unity engined games perform poorly on nvidia hardware. I try to avoid them whenever I can. While Skylines does seem to behave ok for the most part, GPU use is extremely high even when there's very little going on. But you know, this is totally the dev's fault. No way it could be nvidia's.

7. BNSoul

BNSoul Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte WF 660 Ti OC 3GB
    any perf improvements for 6XX cards ? any new feature ? if it's only a driver for that Battlefield game then I'll pass, 347.25 are the best drivers I've ever had and are pretty much rock solid in everything (including old CUDA), if these newer drivers don't have newer PhysX, CUDA or specific improvements for my average GPU then I'll pass. I hate it when Nvidia give so little info about drivers, hard to make a decision whether to install or not.

8. vlad48

vlad48 New Member

GPU:
    GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD
    Can confirm that with those the annoying flickering when using 4k DSR is gone in FIFA15

9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Thanks for testing. That post was a year old, no doubt Unity has changed in that time.

With all the resources Nvidia has, you think it could persuade Unity developers to ensure SLI works -- via proividing Nvidia developers or financial incentive. It's not like it's a niche market, and every SLI user is two to three times more valuable given they buy two or more cards.

With the new 21:9 monitors and 4K making its mark, and Titan X being prohibitively expensive, SLI is more important then ever before.

How about it @ManualG?

M

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What? So you mean if you suddenly couldn't OC after a driver update you'd be fine with it? I don't think so.

11. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    acceptable cos i don't OC, some guys don't OC. i prefer stability & as long the driver don't bring any glitches or error i'm satisfied.

12. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia doesn't care about supporting niche developers and engines beyond checking if their drivers don't outright bluescreen. They never did. As long as a single card setup works, that's it as far as they're concerned.

When was the last time you saw a AAA Unity title? Titles that don't feature in benchmarks plastered all over tech sites don't factor into their thinking, because they don't translate into marketing and sales.

Fortunately Skylines sold more than 500,000 copies, so there's a chance that they will have to take their finger out and actually do something about their (lack of) Unity support if enough people start complaining about performance.

13. tpeter

tpeter Guest

GPU:
    GTX980
    Just ran 3d mark 11 with new drivers to compare against my old ones i used last night right after i got my 980s in sli...

With these new drivers i ran the test and scored like i have a 5 year old card... It says in the description that my GPU is not found... ??

any idea

14. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Talk to the S2 devs about the game Savage and see if they agree with that.

15. zbaic

zbaic Active Member

@ManuelG:

so next WHQL driver release is gonna be R349 branch, right? Just no ETA yet (not done yet)?

16. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you doing a clean install? If so we reset all settings. If it is an express install I can suggest it as part of the installation process.

17. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

:nerd:

18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I was wondering the same thing at first but..

I would say that the 349 branch are still experimental and more alpha then beta and windows 10 drivers.

they need more time with 349 as drivers support and directx 12 support is far from great.

also why does profiles reset even though I did a regular install?

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Though not directly related to this driver, I still have a problem with GeForce Experience failing to open from either the NVIDIA system tray icon or when I click on the notification that new settings have been applied. However, it DOES open after it has just been installed but as soon as I turn off my PC or restart it then GeForce Experience goes back to not opening when using those two methods. The NVIDIA control panel works fine from both the context menu shortcut and the system tray icon however.

I am currently using v2.4.0.9 beta and GeForce Experience will always open when it is ran from the desktop shortcut and without any issues so there's nothing wrong with the installation as far as I can tell. It used to work with an earlier version but stopped working from the system tray icon months ago and has never worked since.

Am I the only one to have this issue?

I'd like to remove the desktop shortcut (to keep things tidier) and use the system tray icon but at the moment that is not an option. There is no error recorded in the Event log either; the app just refuses to open except via a desktop shortcut after the initial install and reboot/shutdown.

20. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    My overclock is stil stable aftyer installing these latest drivers:1333/7400