Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Maybe they do need to step up their game then. I personally don't have any problems with my games I am playing currently. Great fps in all games so far.

2. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I only have issues with Final Fantasy XIV, all other games seems to run as they should.

However since i barely play anything else it doesn't make sense for me to keep this card as it made the game unplayable for me during peak hours, getting as low as 25FPS with lowered details, same settings as the 570, except i got 35FPS at worse with the 570.

nVIDIA Inspector shows some Undefined values for this game, might be the issue, might not, all i know is that i can't play the game i want at all and nVIDIA never says anything to anyone unless someone has details on when the Call of Duty crashes happens, thats why this new driver 344.60 came out, to fix that.

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    That's harsh man getting worse fps with a newer card. Hope it gets fixed before you return the card.

4. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    I just upgraded to a 970 and im getting 60fps pretty much everywhere except some drops in crowded cities with long view distances. In boss fights it seems rock solid 60fps though.

I really feel like you have something specific to your rig that is causing this. I know i noticed a boost in some games when i switched from integrated audio to using a sound card, it was while ago though so not sure if ffxiv was one of them. If you have nvidia HD audio installed, that can slow down things as well. If its enabled maybe you can disable it, and also disable your integrated audio in device manager, and see if you get a boost.

Also many SE games can have stuttering if you dont have a gamepad plugged in (i know 1.0 did this, not sure if 2.0 does), due to the game constantly scanning for one. Do you play on KB/M or gamepad? If you use KB/M, do you have a controller you can plug in?

I was having lag for months because of Verizon not playing nice with Level 3 (the ISP in between me and SE's servers). I wish i had checked my fps but i can tell you the game was pretty much unplayable without using BattlePing. I couldnt tell you if latency was causing the problems in crowded areas (it usually does in MMO's)

Just a couple things to check out before abandoning the 970. :)

5. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Did you try running Syrcus Tower at DSR 1440p?

No i don't have NVIDIA HD Audio installed, nor 3D Vision as i don't use those features.

And it is an issue with the drivers, there's been people with your CPU, 5820K, 4670k all reporting issues.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=394385&page=6

Check more at the bottom of the page.

Every other game seems to run fine, except this one.

6. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    ok now that i'm on the right thread :)

drivers crashing in mertoLL and far cry 3 using ANY OCing . . . seriously disappointing. i think the icafe or any 340.xx were the better drivers for kepler.

7. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    I run at 1080p, can anyone run this game in DSR @1440p and 60fps with a single card? DSR 1440p is more taxing than running the game on a monitor with Native resolution of 2560x1440 because of the filter, isnt it? Also Syrcus Tower has alot more people in it. I would think a normal dungeon wouldnt run as slow.

I know DSR made my 670's run like crap in FFXIV when i tried it, although the DSR was 2715x1512 or something. Is there a way to change the res for DSR (besides the 2715 and 4k resolutions)? I haven't really messed around with DSR since i got the 970... Maybe i will try it tonight or tomorrow.

8. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  9. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Holy necro.

Are you even in the right thread, this thread is a year old?

10. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Nope lol