Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I run with shadows off and i get 60 fps every where expcept fleet/WZ/OPS that not to say the performance in the game is pure trash

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Bro I run a GTX 980 and all those games you mentioned run great with no FPS drops. Thats the point. If you can swing the cost for a 980, I'm telling you those games run great on mine.

So I don't see why you'd have an issue. If you do then it's something else entirely. If you can send back the GTX 970 and pay the difference for a GTX 980 you should be fine.

Yeah it sucks and you should not have to, but it is a solution that is the whole point. So no it's not a joke....no offense.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Just installed Elite Dangerous yesterday and its working OK with the 344.48s.

4. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Thanks for the reply, the thing is, even on GeForce forums there's a lot of people complaining about the 970 and also a lot (however not as many) complaining about the 980.

It doesn't make any sense to buy a 980 over a 970 to play an MMO, if there was such an increase, there also should be over the 570, there is none. :puke2:

These drivers are rubbish, and if it's not fixed then i don't want an nVIDIA card, i don't care if the 290X will heat the room, maybe it's useful now that winter is coming (lol).

People mentioned there's TDR, others not having Signal on DVI/HDMI, and most common is drop is GPU usage and also Voltage.

Either the 970 is rubbish, or the drivers are. I'm pretty sure it's the drivers, like i've been saying for a month.

However the lack of communication and at the very least they should say they acknowledged the issue and are working on it and lack of driver releases with these problems since the release kill it for me and makes me wonder why on earth i would buy this GPU, and even think about buying a 980 when the card bellow should be able to run everything smoothly, the 980 should be an upgrade over the 970 for people who want to play higher resolutions, at least that's how things usually go.

I'm sorry but no improvements with a 970 over a 570 on an MMO is a joke at worse.

Best part is that people with far better CPUs say the same (bad framerate with the 970).

Like i said, this is nVIDIA drivers fault or something BIOS related, if it's not then this card isn't an upgrade over a 570 unless i just want to play FPS games which i have no interest in, i play them when i'm bored of MMO/RPGs.

Current improvements i got so far with a 970 over a 570:

- 3DMark (9.7k score)
    - Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark (15.4k score)
    - Battlefield 4
    - Far Cry 3
    - Guild Wars 2 (despite complaining about the 970 and this game before, this game is a lost case when it comes to performance anyway, and i can play on max now even with supersampling, but the framerate drops even at same settings as i had with the 570 are way more frequent, changing the power management to Max Performance does nothing but raise GPU usage, framerate drops are still there, increasing CPU clock from 4.2Ghz to 4.6Ghz does nothing either)

No Improvement/Performance:

- Final Fantasy XIV (this is where the fun part begins, before i scored 6.5k with the 570, now i score 15k, yet the game performs rubbish, framerate drops are more frequent, they drop like 20FPS to 40FPS just by turning the camera in cities and then stabilize to 50FPS a few seconds later, this never happened with the 570 at least not nearly as much, id get drops of very slowly, now they immediately drop insane amounts of frames and i even play on lower settings. It's like the GPU has issues when it is rendering specific things and then this happens, if i turn the camera around again this happens, then stabilizes again, repeat)

Lowering the graphics settings helps a lot with the 970, i guess this says a lot.

I'm sorry i can't provide more titles because i pretty much play Final fantasy XIV only now, but seeing no improvement over a 570 even at same setinsg and with a lot of framerate drops is just joke at worse.

Just to clear something up, the GPU is performing as expected on pretty much anything i've tried, it's just something in this game that the GPU/Drivers are having problems with (and probably a few other games), now, this is like looking at previous release notes and seeing performance improvements for some games. I'm just frustrated this had to happen with the game i play the most, however i'm not gonna have this card for too long like this and will RMA for sure if it's not fixed anytime soon.

I'm waiting for proper drivers, it's been at least 3 drivers (344.16, .24, .48) since the first WHQL, issues are still there.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014

5. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3090
    Buggy drivers for me.
    Impossible to delete the installation file on my desktop file after downloading ?????
    Except by rebooting with Safe Mode (F8).
    Anyone else with this bug ??

+

Crash in COD Ghost multi with my GTX780@1025MHz. I had not this problem with 344.11

=> Back to 344.11

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    how did you conclude that drivers have anything to do with this?

7. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Then it must be something with system configurations, ex. chipsets, cpu combinations etc.

My PC is running great. It's the never ending battle with some PC's.

Hopefully you can figure it out.

8. grabibus

grabibus Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3090
    Because I dowloaded 3 times the 344.48 and was obliged 3 times to delete them with Safe mode (F8).

But with 344.11 or another set, no problem to delete the installation file...

That's quite strange...A kind of conflict maybe on my computer with particular 344.48 set...

9. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Can't be, various chipsets, various CPUs with the 970 have the same problem, what changed? The GPU, nVIDIA needs to get it sorted out, difference configs? Test stuff before releasing it, they had plenty of time to do so.

All i know is that i'm gonna RMA mine and get a refund and will wait for AMD to release their next cards if this isn't fixed soon.

Gonna post again for the last time.

FFXIV Benchmark:

- 570 = 6.5K Score
    - 970 = 15.4K Score

In-game (same settings on both, not maxed out with a lot of tweaks):

- 570 = Average FPS 60-55, slow drops to 40-45 in cities
    - 970 = Average FPS 60-50, fast drops to 40 in cities then raising the fps to 45-50 slowly, like it's rendering something slowly, this happens by turning the camera, it then feels like it's loading something or make usage if the GPU, turn the camera again same issue, i feel like the GPU isn't even trying in this game.

Raising the res from 1080p to 1440p makes absolutely no difference in FPS, only FPS difference i see is when i further turn down graphics settings, this isn't supposed to be happening and i'm not gonna wait much longer for them to fix this because i'm not that stupid, RMA and refund inc sometimes in this month, i'm sure of it.

:puke2:

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Well just as many do not have issues so it has to be hardware failure then. Goodluck. But I'd seriously consider a GTX 980. The 970 just is not the miracle card you are wanting. The GTX 980 is honestly going to give you what you want and expect. Not saying you don't have the issue, as the 970 seems the most unstable at the moment, thus why I say the 980 is worth a shot as I've had no fps issues that you've mentioned.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014

11. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    but the installer itself as a file has nothing to do with the drivers. Its just a package made with entirely different software, containing the drivers for your GPU that don't come into play until they are installed.

It can be a bug with the installer, or it has to be related to your OS installation, some application on the PC.

12. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Not as many play Final Fantasy XIV if you compare to people who play offline games, it IS an issue with the driver.

The 980 is out of question.

Here's plenty of people with issues:

- https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/155/geforce-900-series/
    - https://forums.geforce.com/default/...hql-display-driver-feedback-thread-10-22-14-/
    - https://forums.geforce.com/default/...u-load-and-low-fps-issues-with-344-16-driver/
    - https://forums.geforce.com/default/...80-instability-in-low-utilisation-situations/
    - https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ries/gtx-970-low-performance-and-utilization/
    - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/786130/geforce-900-series/gtx-970-random-drop-in-gpu-load-/

Just a few, i could go through the forums and find way more, but these are more than enough, not to mentioned the people that don't complain or play only the games that run fine, also these are just the issues with the FPS, not including people who don't get signal with DVI/HDMI.

Now tell me how on earth i would even consider a 980 to begin with, with all these issues? Yeah. :(

You need to understand this is a driver issue, i get about the same performance i got with the 570 with lowered graphics settings while benchmark skyrocket, and i can't even play on max settings.

How on earth is this possible? How does it make any sense the GPU bellow the 980 has serious FPS issues while the 980 has none? I'm sorry but it doesn't make any sense but being bad drivers.

I'll RMA this joke in a blink of an eye if this isn't acknowledged or fixed, or if the next driver doesn't have any kind of performance improvement.

13. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    The 980 is EXACTLY the same card but 10-20% more powerful. So if you have issues with one you have issues with the other. Simple.

It's not worth the money for such a small performance boost and the extra £100.

14. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    That's the point, it's something in the 970 that's not right in this game, i don't know why or if nVIDIA optimizes each one individually, if so that explains why it doesn't happen with the 980, or maybe it does like already said, but since it's better people barely notice it.

What's beyond me is how poorly the 970 performs in Final Fantasy XIV and the 980 doesn't, where the bench score skyrocket but but game performance is terrible and is on par with the 570.

Every other game i've tried runs fine, however i haven't tried that many.

- Assassin's Creed 3 and 4
    - Battlefield 4
    - Far Cry 3
    - Final Fantasy XIV
    - Guild Wars 2
    - Witcher 2

Guild Wars 2 runs better and i can play on max settings but the framerate drops are there anyway, i was playing at 4.2Ghz and raised CPU to 4.6Ghz, no difference, in this case i understand this game has always been terrible performance wise.

All run fine or better except Final Fantasy XIV, there was an issue with this game with the driver 344.11 where there was transparent squares in fog, they fixed it in 344.48, i guess this says something.

Maybe i'll get a time card just to try out Elder Scrolls Online again, if it runs fine, something that wasn't that good with the 570, if it runs fine then yes, something is very wrong with the driver and the optimization for Final Fantasy XIV and the 970.

The only system i can test is on my old Q9550, in this case i'd get a CPU bottleneck for sure, so i won't even bother.

15. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Maybe its time for nvidia to release the next set of drivers soon, or atleast a sli profile for Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. A few month ago nvidia always released drivers a few days before a "big release". Did they fire the person(s) who could manage that, and now we have to wait 1-2 weeks after a game release for the new drivers (sli profile).

Pretty bad.

16. TaurusManUK

TaurusManUK Member

GPU:
    GB GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    Lords of the Fallen is crashing on certain graphics effects. I am using 1440 resolution monitor. Anyone else having issues with this game using this driver?

17. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Ok, i think i had enough.

For the first time after the new patch people finally zerging hunts again, there was an S, and there was an insane amount of people, just like the old days before content patch.

FPS on GTX570: 35-40FPS
    FPS on GTX970: 25-30FPS

ABSOLUTELY same lowered settings on both.

If this isn't fixed in the next driver i know where this card is going.

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    So far, these drivers are rock stable on my system... Played hours of skyrim, Assetto Corsa, Battlefield, Crysis 3... all smooth here!

Skyrim shows some long distance clipping though, that didn't show on my old R9 290.

19. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Nvidia Geforce 344.60 WHQL Driver
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=394385

Game Ready
    Best gaming experience for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

20. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Is this supposed to get anyone excited?

There hasn't been a single optimization driver for the new cards, it's been one month and a half since they release, 4 drivers later, problems are still there after people reporting them for over a month (some games run fine, some run worse than 500 series GPUs).

:rolleyes: