Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It's a known problem, you just need to turn off "Automatically move pointer to default dialog box" in your mouse properties to fix it

Also, chill out, you just need to click on the insert image icon [​IMG] and paste the link to post a picture, or by typing [​IMG], it's not difficult.

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Windows 8.1.

I get periodical brown screens before the game crashes as well.

3. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    No problem! It's only an input idea for the devs :D

4. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Maybe it's a .NET problem.

5. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Go into the windows control panel and then into the mouse. Then unselect the option to "Automatically move the pointer to the default button in a dialog box"

This should fix your issue.

Edit: Opps, Bradders684 beat me to it...

6. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Any other MSI GTX 980 Gaming owners having the fans spin up for a second or so in idle and then turning off again repeatedly . On the MSI forum for gtx 970 but effects GTX 980 too. driver.16 doesn't do this. Thanks

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

Nevermind.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2014
  8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-48-whql-driver-released

Elite Dangerous – Added SLI profile
    Escape Dead Island – Added SLI profile
    Lichdom: Battlemage – Added SLI profile
    Lords of the Fallen – Added SLI profile
    MechWarrior Online – DirectX 11 Added SLI profile
    Monster Hunter Online Benchmark – Added SLI profile
    Ryse: Son of Rome – Added SLI profile
    Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition – Added SLI profile
    The Vanishing of Ethan Carter – Added SLI profile

Isn't it working? I don't own the game so I've not tried it yet, my computer is too weak to run the game the way I want it.

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

OMFG. I'm blind lol. Sorry for the confusion. Disregard my previous post.

I haven't played it yet. I;m just going by what people are posting. So I am assuming the default sli profile isn't working right.

10. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

Ok after extensive testing, overclocking the CPU and who knows what else, back to the Final Fantasy XIV poor performance.

Using MSi AfterBurner i set the Monitoring to view GPU and CPU usage.

GPU usage most of the time is above 90% and sometimes averages on 99%, meanwhile the CPU sticks to 60% average and mostly 70%, very rarely goes to 80%.

Can gladly post the multiple screenshots of this i've been taking.

Lowering the graphics settings like i've mentioned multiple times before, helps a lot.

Now, after some research on the internet, it came to my defense that this is indeed a driver issue, unless for a very specific *convenient* reason in this case it works unlike in every other related case or that a GTX970 is as good as a GTX570.

Lowering graphics settings helps, changing res only matters at 4k where i get 30fps or less, no framerate difference between 1080p and 1440p, as i've mentioned before.

Unless for some reason the GTX570 is indeed as good as the GTX970. :rolleyes:

I understand the priority is to release drivers for games releasing soon after the driver, perfectly understandable, as it understandable that things take time to fix and test etc

Still this is very disappointing after buying the first GPU at launch and this happens.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090

I wish I could say something to help you. I just played a 2 hour session of FFXIV: ARR with no issue.

No FPS drops nothing. DSR works for me also, but UI scaling in-game does not.

This HAS to be a GTX 970 issue.

12. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

Probably, it's the only one at /r/ffxiv that people say they have issues with the game's performance and their old card also performed better, one they mentioned was the 7850 and the other was either a 660 or 670.

I wish i didn't had issues and could play fine, because this is a mess in it's current state.

13. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Hey thanks for the help everyone, disabling that pointer option is a good workaround.

Also, I tried attaching images with the URL but they only appear as a "no image" marker.

See:
    [​IMG]

14. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I presume it's because of the link you you are using, it doesn't work for me either unless I right click the image and click on "Copy image URL" to get the the direct link to the picture.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
  15. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Why wouldn't it work though?

EDIT: It's appearing as a JPG in the quote but the link is to a PNG originally. I don't know how the JPG version came to be, but it seems at least that PNG is not supported by the image handler.

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Your first link was to the webpage where it's stored, like this one, you need to post the direct link to the picture to uploaded one.

Hmm, the picture is definitely a PNG, the original link says it's a PNG and when you download it it's a PNG. I have never see that before.

[​IMG]

PNG definitely works, as you can see by the picture above. I recommend you use a proper picture uploading site like abload or something.

17. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Guest

18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    Sorry to hear its still giving trouble..

I just got my own 970 yesterday and while playing FFXIV my GPU Usage was about 60% (i think). I'll double check that number when i get home tonight. Not sure why your gpu usage is so high, still seems like somehow a graphic setting is stuck wrong even though you said your profile is clean. I think i have all in game settings maxed, but i will check that when i get home also.

I did notice this weekend with my 670's that if i was in town with a lot of people around i could drop the fps to ~50 just by angling the camera to show lots of people or stuff with long distance behind me (limsa lower decks with the tower far away in the background).

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    i just thought of something, what sound are you using? I don't see one in your profile, is it integrated?

20. 344.48 Causes constant flickering when using SLi. This affected Ryse , Crysis 3 & Crysis 2. Didn't test anymore games out got so disgusted reverted back to the previous driver and I'm fine now. Crysis 3 back to normal. Deleted all NV drivers etc reg entries I could find put 344.48 back on, same issue. Staying with 344.11 Maybe the NV reps have other reports of this. Specs are actual as shown to left. Sorry to say "disgusted" but hey it is a little unnerving. If it was my hardware, reverting wouldn't resolve it.