Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    DSR works for me, although the max I could select was "2351x1323". To get it to run at 4K I had to change the resolution in the "MarvelEngine.ini" and "MarvelEngineUserSettings.ini", I did it in both just to make sure.

The game says it's running at "1152x864" in game though and even with the UI scale at maximum it's still small.

3840X2160 (Resized to 1008p)

You are probably best off using "0x080000C1" to force SGSSAA, if you aren't already.

4xSGSSAA (1080p)
    8xSGSSAA (1080p)

2. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    FFXIV is not like single player games. MMO's need lots of processing power to handle all the stuff going on in the zone that you are in. While this engine is way better than 1.0's, it will still push your pc. I know the game runs pretty with with my current i7 4690k and also with my old i7 3770k. So maybe the extra threads would help, not sure.

I'm running 2x670's in SLI and if i force AA or HBAO, i can make the fps drop. I tried DSR and it hurts my FPS too much so i don't bother with it in FFXIV. GedoSaTo is better but i need to run in borderless windowed which GeDoSaTo doesnt support for this game (some of the shaders dont appear in the game).

If you aren't using nvidia inspector, i recommend it. I would just double check that you aren't forcing anything globally like a negative LOD, antialiasing, or ambient occlusion. AA is near pointless in FFXIV since it uses deferred rendering and there's tons of specular aliasing that doesnt clean up without downsampling or SSGSAA. I know SSGSAA also crippled my framerate so i dont use that in the game either.

The only custom settings i have for this game are:
    Power Management = Max Performance
    Maximum Frames to render ahead = 2
    Anisotropic Filtering = 16x

Edit: sorry didnt see you posted after this, most of this is probably useless to you then, lol

3. GooRoo 3D

GooRoo 3D Guest

ALL the links for the 344.48 WHQL drivers are for the INTERNATIONAL version.

Anyone have a link for the 344.48 WHQL USA version?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014
  4. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

anyone had any issue with multi screen and display ports ?
    I went and got 3 DP cables today, connected them up and only 1 screen works after much unplugging and plugging in I decided to connect a 4th monitor in both DVI ports still nothing then connected the 4th monitor to HDMI port and bingo all 4 screens work although if I unplug the monitor that's connected via the HDMI then I lose all but one screen plug HDMI back in and all four screens work ? this is with driver ver. 344.48, 344.16 has the same issue, strange how three DP ports will only work if you have a 4th monitor connected to the HDMI port...

also in Nvidia control panel it will say monitor 1 connected to dvi when its not its connected to DP port it gets the ports mixed up ? the multi screen part of the driver seems very buggy and sometimes very confusing because it seem to have a mind of its own lol ..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2014

5. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    NVIDIA haven't made any English (US) ones.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4943747&postcount=301

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    This means its not stable. H264 & heavy multithreading benchmark will show that instability right away.
    I was testing Realbench v2 a moment ago @ 4.7ghz with a bit lower voltages, but I still had to tweak cache voltage raised for 0.007v and system agent for extra 0.005v otherwise it would hard freeze, no bsod.

btw In digi+ keep all at auto and raise cpu current to 120% (I need 120% for 4.6 and 130% for 4.7ghz), keep cache multi and voltage at auto, also disable asus multicore enhance.

Good luck :nerd:, sorry for offtopic.

7. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    Are you running it in fullscreen windowed mode with Windows 8? I dont know why but you don't get screen tearing if you do and your framerate isn't locked to you refresh rate.

Also with Windows 8, if you set a DX9 games application compatibility to a previous operating system you won't get screen tearing, and again your framerate wont be locked to your refresh rate. I dont know why it does it though.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

Yeah. I was already using that flag. I just wanted to see what 4k looked like in that particular game. It looked really good. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  9. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Guest

these drivers seem a real mess when you start changing multi monitor setups .. ? i'll never listen to anyone who says AMD drivers are bugged to hell LOL well Nvidia's drivers I have had a lot more problems with !! I hope they sort multi screen issues out or for me these cards are a waste of time I feckn changed my R9 290x's due to multi screen issues although they had hardware issues that could not be fixed that's why I got two 970's ... lol all this money spending and still in same boat :/

for example I spent £70 on DP cables three of them bought another two new monitors 130 each !! I mean ffs how much more money do I need to spend just to get a feckn set of gfx cards that does what supposed to do !!!

Im starting to give up on this PC tech :/ lol

I've just uninstalled all drivers about 10 times now :/ and also used DDU

if once I have multi screen config setup everthing is fine, but if I want to test DSR then I have to come out of surround mode, that's when the fun starts.

finish messing around with DSR want to go back to surround mode and bingo loads of messing around trying get screens in right order then it thinks monitor 1 is DVI port when in fact its an DP port blah blah blah it just turns in to 1 big head ache far from seamless :/

PLEASE Nvidia FIX MULTI SCREEN ISSUES people like me spend a lot of money on hardware just to hit a brick wall .. heeh im sure its something to do with drivers and maybe my USB dongle/modem causing problems sure it thought at one point my USB modem was an USB 3D device :/ .. still here's to hoping

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2014
  10. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

That's the reality. When there is no real fight between opponents that's what you get. You should choose the best from the worst. Or if you think that it's not worth your money - don't buy at all. That's what i do all the time. If people did what i do, there wouldn't be such a problem.

11. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    New MFAA works without SMAA in COD Ghost. It works great with low inpact.

12. JOHN30011887

JOHN30011887 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070Ti
    Great driver, The only game i have issues with is Call of Duty Ghosts, i moved from amd fx 6300 to intel i7 4790k and the game still has stuttering issues, i think its a game issue than anything else, i think i should be able to max it out but yet iv got to drop framerate to 50 ingame to reduce stutter, im putting the game on hold till i get the Asus gtx 980 Strix at the end of November, if the game still has issues then im getting rid me thinks

13. qu3x

qu3x Guest

Hello, is there a way to change the language after wards installing the international version.
    Since NV provided only an Int my driver now displays everything in my nativ/OS language?

Cheers

14. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Bug / problem found

FEAR Online somehow resets "Perform scaling on" setting to "Display" (I use "GPU" scaling).

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    can't record the evil within gameplay with shadowplay

i run flawlesswidescreen with the game btw

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Worms Ultimate Mayhem

DSR doesn't scale properly @ 1920x1080, it outputs native downsampling resolution e.g. 2880x1620.
    It happens by both scaling on gpu or display.

Idk maybe because its a OpenGL game?

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    That's not how this works...:3eyes:

18. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I'm back here to the green team (at least until my R9 290 resolves its RMA).
    I had to put my good old 560Ti to work again...

I'm testing these drivers, I'll post anything I find on them...

19. flamereaper6

flamereaper6 Guest

i need help with nvidias custom resolution (my gpu gtx560ti) driver 344.11. my tv is set at a nvidia custom 1366x768/ timing gtf everything works looks great but i updated to 344.48 (update with dsr) and now that custom res and any other doesnt fit my screen my tv is 1366x768 but now that resoloution is overscanned does any one know why And like to note if i revert back to 344.11 the res works again Thanx

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

Did you check to see if display scaling options have changed? You can also adjust the screen size as well.