Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=66551296&postcount=7248

This is what i've followed, SGSSAA doesn't seem to work for me.

If i set MSAA like in the image it works but the performance is horrible and image has a lot of blur, if i just set SGSSAA for 4x it does nothing, this with both None in Antialiasing Behaviour Flags and Standard Flag, AA mode is obviously to override.

Disabling GeDoSaTo and set res to 1080p, restart game (without GeDoSaTo), doesn't work either.

If i knew how to get FXAA post processing working within GeDoSaTo i'd be happy, cause it's missing from the post processing, copying both FXAA files there does nothing, i'll try to mess around with it.

Since theres a good amount of aliasing with FXAA missing from GeDoSaTo post processing (settings have it set to FXAA without post processing, but does nothing on FFXIV), in-game FXAA helps a bit with the jaggies but there's still a lot. =/

EDIT: Got SMAA (FXAA is better with jaggies but also blurs the image a bit) to work, was missing this from the GeDoSaTo ffxiv profile:
    Code:
    aaQuality 4
    I also reverted back to 344.16 and seems smoother, i haven't tried the benchmark yet but there shouldn't be much difference, like i've mentioned before playing the game has like nothing to do with the benchmark performance even on the part with a lot of characters.

I think i'm set for now, obviously DSR working on FFXIV would be nice and also those optimizations.

Anxiously waiting for more drivers and hoping to see those optimizations, content patch 2.4 is coming next week and would be very pleasing to have our new GPU performing properly on FFXIV. :)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. DarK SchneideR

DarK SchneideR Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080Ti
    I can't use these drivers with my gtx260 dedicated physx :/...that's an epic fail for nvidia. I have 660ti + 260 (physx only) and can't install drivers for update the first card but not the second :/

3. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    Cool, can't wait for DSR on notebook. Hopefully 600m series is included. Any chance of a timeline for that driver?

4. NAMEk

NAMEk Guest

GPU:
    Gainward/GTX560/2GB
    If I were you i bought 650 or 640 as dedicated physx card, but i still agree with you, too soon they dropped support. You have two options: use older driver or buy new card:(

5. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah, hope our gen of cards will have DSR soon.

6. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

It might be like battlefield series, cpu limitations come into play online, not in benches or single player.

7. Xanvast

Xanvast Guest

GPU:
    Titan X P 3 Way SLI
  8. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    Weird logic you have.

You mean your gpu OC is unstable?

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i'm blaming the game actually , other games perform better while OC is on

10. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I see no difference in-game from 4.2Ghz to 4.6Ghz, base clock is 3.4Ghz.

I see difference in other MMOs TERA being one of them, with exception of GW2, but GW2 performance is a mess since even Beta. :puke2:

The best part is that GF Experience has max settings recommendations but the game doesn't run well with those settings.

Disabling SweetFX helps a bit but still far from steady 60FPS.

I'm playing with tweaked settings and i'm not even getting stable 60FPS in most areas, same that happened with my old 570, now, overclocking further did nothing to help.

I remember back in the day TERA was paid, i had some issues when a lot of characters were on screen, so i overclocked and the problem was gone.

Overclocking in this game past 4.2Ghz on my CPU does nothing, unless my CPU is that bad. :nerd:

11. HRF_math026

HRF_math026 Guest

GPU:
    TRI-SLI GTX970
    Hi all, no DSR in SLI gtx 970??

12. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    More on the 970 and Final Fantasy XIV problems:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2hn4gt/ffxiv_gtx970_gets_less_fps_than_hd_7850_during/

Apparently old gen cards run better like a 670 or an AMD 7850, yeah def a CPU problem lol, don't get me wrong i'm just kidding (what i said about the cards are true tho). :p

Anyway, yes this is either a 900 series issue or driver issue, according to this comment might be easier to identify the cause:

Like i've mentioned before, if i use DSR the framerate drops are pretty bad especially when i move the camera around, this doesn't happen with GeDoSaTo, obliviously GeDoSaTo doesn't fix the peeformance problems but allows me to play at 1440p with no issues.

There was also an issue that was fixed in these drivers, which was that fog on outer areas of the map wouldn't display properly and there was squares on it making it look like there was transparent squares on the fog, this issue was fixed with 344.48 but everything else remains the same.

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    So I did some testing last night and noticed that DSR does not work when G-Sync is active. After browsing the Geforce forum, it appears to be a known issues If I disable G-Sync, DSR works perfectly fine. Now on that note, I think DSR is the next best thing since G-Sync if you have the hardware to run it at 4x native res. It looks really great. I tested it on Borderlands the pre-sequel and the IQ is night and day vs 1080p. I would like to add that DSR does not work right with certain games. Guild Wars 2 and WoW have this issue with the UI being really tiny. I also noticed that DSR does not work with Marvel Heroes either. As I saw no option in game to switch the resolution past 1920x1080.

14. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Firefall as well, max i can go on my 1080p monitor is 1440p , more than that and i need to get glasses...with zoom. I do have my monitor at an arm length away though.

15. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    It looks like you missed my post. :roll:

It tells you what configurations it currently works with in the code section, you will have to use the scroll bar to see the SLI part though.

Hopefully more games will start to support scalable UI's now that DSR is available.

16. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I see now. :D

17. Franz

Franz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970 Windforce OC
  18. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Ok, more info on Final Fantasy XIV issues.

So i installed driver 344.05, DSR still a mess, in-game performance is terrible with that driver, average 40fps. 344.16 was fine, .24 and .48 too, but dsr still messed up.

So, if it was a CPU bottleneck by any chance, how is driver .05 so bad and then suddenly it stabilizes the performance (still not that good by a long shot but far better than 0.5) with a new driver?

GPU Usage in 344.05: 90%+
    GPU usage in 344.48: 90%+
    CPU Usage on both, between 40% and 70%, sometimes goes to 90% but not frequent.

Changing the resolution there's like a difference of 3FPS at most, even from 1080p to 1440p which is what i play atm

For anyone curious i found the driver 344.05 on the ASUS Strix 970 downloads section.

I already told a lot of people is still early and there's a lot of optimizations to be done, it's just beyond me how everything that doesn't perform as wished, it's CPU fault, because if so i'd probably need a CPU that isn't out yet.

4.2ghz (current frequency) can't play game maxed out at 1080p even without SweetFX.

I wonder what people with same gen processors and lower Frequencies (No OC) get with this card.

Raising to 4.6Ghz doesn't make that much difference, and it's a jump of 400Mhz which is pretty good, considering this CPU base clock is 3.4ghz it's an increase of 1.2Ghz, is a 4670k that dated already? Benchmarks say otherwise.

I shouldn't even be overclocking the CPU, if the CPU was the problem, it would bottleneck the overall performance of the card across all games, which does not happen.

It happens it could also be the 970 poor performance on DirectX 9 games? Maybe the driver needs DX9 optimizations for the 970/80?

Can also be the game of course. However like people pointed out, a 570/670/7850 performs better than a 970, in case of the 570 it's not able to keep that much the 60FPS however it doesn't drop the FPS like crazy and has better average FPS.

Again there's plenty of time and optimizations to be done and it's understandable, again i just find it weird how it's always CPU fault. :p

19. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Is it normal for the 3rd fan of my 980 G1 to be not spinning?

I got to 75C and it was still no spinning.

20. schoolofmonkey

schoolofmonkey Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax 4090
    Nope all fans are meant to spin.