1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. UNREAL_2004

UNREAL_2004 Master Guru

GPU:
    Watercooled MSI GTX 970
    This.

2. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    bad driver. had more bsod's in the last hour than i've had the last 6 months.

the first was right after installing, bout 30 seconds after the reboot. this has happened maybe 3 times in the last 3.5 years since i've had the machine.

the second was browsing reddit. just 1 tab open, acceleration has been disabled.

the third was in the second round of titanfall. game just froze up. i could alt tab out but not shut down the app; then came the bsod.

the fourth was watching a montage (mp4) i made last night getting ready to up to youtube.

i install drivers the same way all the time: add/remove, then manually delete folders and then reg entries. no other driver i've tried, and i try them all, has been this bad.

3. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    interesting - my standard sli pc does not have the dsr option, but tri-sli does allow for in the control panel. confirmed that both have sli selected via control panel.

4. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    What resolution do you use when you game at 75hz? My native resolution is 1080p @ 60hz but if I create a custom resolution of 1080p @ 75hz before enabling DSR I can change to 75hz using Windows Screen Resolution after DSR has been enabled. When I selected a DSR resolution in game (The Evil Within) it used the 75hz refresh rate as well instead of my native 60hz.

[​IMG]

I tried creating a custom resolution (3000x1688) as well and tried switching to it using Windows Screen Resolution but I wouldn't let me.

5. rta

rta Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX970
    DSR wreaked HAVOC on my 660ti. Had to disable it. Was running Trove ok for a couple minutes at some stupid resolution then my HDD started clacking, it hung up and I swear everything was about to catch fire. :infinity:

I also got a few Win Explorer crashes.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  6. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Maha Guru

GPU:
    Don't need one
    try this to get SLI DSR

1. nvidia control panel ,enable then disable surround display

2. nvidia control panel, select maximise 3D performance

3. hopefully it has disabled 2 of your displays and now SLI is active

4. in windows screen resolution, enable your two disabled monitors click apply

5. nvidia control panel, manage 3D settings, DSR-factors, tick all boxes

now SLI and DSR should be enabled, thats how i had to set it up with the
    drivers before these new ones.

im not to sure if its windows the driver or even maybe a bit of both that is the full problem lol although for me since updating the drivers (I let GeForce experience download and update the latest driver for me) I don't need to mess around with monitors no more it just works like it should but surround mode does not work with DSR I had to use 1x3 monitors mode if it was an option I would select it in the game/benchmark.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Yeah sucks with having a display capable of 100+hz.

8. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SC2 2038
    check with nvidia inspector and you will see sli profile for shadow of mordor :)

9. ren008

ren008 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    Seems to work for me as a workaround. Desktop and games at 1080p stay at 75hz, and while using the higher DSR resolutions in game locks it back to 60hz which is acceptable considering the nature of the feature. Also works with automatic refresh rate switching with MPC for proper 24p/48hz playback.

I'm guessing it's to keep people from using doubling up with DSR while already forcing custom down-sampling resolutions, but really screws things up when just using custom refresh rates at native res. Really needs to be some better implemented solution for non-standard refresh rates and DSR.

Pretty sloppy NVIDIA.

10. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    That's the problem when nvidia don't make any release notes, people speculate about performance increases that may or may not exist.

So many people claim to see an improvement yet equally as many claim otherwise.

If there has been no specific and deliberate optimisations made then it is very unlikely that anything over a miniscule improvement has taken place.

I'm not going to do biases placebo testing a bunch of games for hours on end to test stability and performance just because I'm looking for a magical fix.

If it's not in the notes then there isn't much of an improvement if any.

11. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    Who gives a F about 3d. Performance and stability fixes are absolute basics.

People are acting as though nvidia had no access to these games before card launch.

People have numerous problems with older games that have been out for years...not just new games.

Rage forces my memory clock to 6000mhz...lower than default. It only happens in this game, I suppose you will tell me that old games aren't a priority and that new games...we should just be quiet and wait.

So..........then you expect nothing in terms of software support?

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah. While im extremely grateful that Nvidia are still supporting and adding to the 5 series, that GE is a no go for me. DSR def needs to be added into the Native Control Panel. Please.

That aside, great looking drivers. Im going to test them out anyway, hell, GE might not be so bloated now.

13. Sergio

Sergio Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    Guys, what i am doing wrong? When i activate DSR, i am getting 25,29 and 30hz DSR resolutions. None of the DSR resolutions are 60hz.
    I have 1680x1050 60hz BenQ X2200W. Any tips? and Asus 760gtx

14. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    @ManualG Does you enable old cuda renderning in apps?
    if not crysis plz mod this drivers
    or someone tell me what dlls copy where'

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Holy ****. IQ even on the desktop with these is atrocious. Reverting.

16. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    I don't see the the problem, you need to have DSR enabled globally in the control panel anyway before you can enable it for games in GFE and you can't control the Smoothness in GFE.

The only benefit you have with GFE is that you can select different DRS resolutions for different games but you can only enable DSR for games in GFE that NVIDIA have tested for compatibility. You can enable all the DSR factors in the control panel though and just select which one you want to use in game.

The only thing that bothers me is that the smoothness is a global setting, you should be able to set it up for individual games in their profile.

17. brumfondl

brumfondl New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 680GTX
    You might want to check what resolution it was picking. I had this problem on once PC that was hooked into a TV. Turns out it was using 1080i instead of 1080p.

Rhodar

18. DeathAngel74

DeathAngel74 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti FTW3 Hbrd
    http://www62.zippyshare.com/v/26263722/file.html

CUDA_Support.zip, readme.txt for instructions inside

if that doesnt work, you can get the 32bit or 64bit nvcuvenc.dll depending if the app goes in program file(x86) or program files and put in the installation folder of the encoding program. reboot

19. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    English version missing? All links are for the international version.

20. Lucifer

Lucifer Master Guru

GPU:
    Colorful GTX 1060
    Got around the same score in valley :) with this driver compare to 337.50 344.16 & 344.24