Nvidia GeForce Driver Version 461.09 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by EdKiefer, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Which one?

2. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Yeah, it wasn't a BSOD. System kept running but monitor was turned off while GPU's lights kept flickering (like it was turning on and off), forcing me to reboot it manually.

I usually don't do a clean install with DDU every time (once every 3 driver updates), but did a clean install and installed that "Clean" version available here.

Everything seems to be working fine, for now. At-least good to know it wasn't a hardware issue. Probably some more crapware bundled with the driver that cause this, so now I'm not even going to bother with GeForce experience DLC. I don't even use any software that comes with the card (or Mobo), so nVidia can't blame this on some third party software.

3. HedonismBot

HedonismBot Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks for the response, somewhat glad to hear it isn't isolated to my system.

My monitor is the PG348Q, which I guess is quite old now in the tech world but is a full GSYNC display. It is a fair assumption that an unsupported freesync monitor could have been the cause!

Usually the Nvidia driver forums are riddled with unhelpful posts whining about "I lost 40 fps in all titles, OS language switched to mandarin and my monitor has run away with my wife", but there are further reports in there with a similar issue where hardware accelerated "non-gaming" applications are exhibiting this same behaviour. I can repeat it just by reinstalling this latest driver, and have solved it by staying on the 460.97 hotfix driver instead. They have their big event next week followed by a game ready driver for Hitman 3 soon so I will wait to see if the issue continues in that driver. Will look as well at submitting the files they need to root the issue out.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Manuel posted a new custhelp article with all the info he needs to get an engineer to look at it a page or so back, here it is again

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5149

tbh, i'd say wait for whatever that event entails if its a new driver and see if it still happens

5. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    Tested on:

Acer Predator xb272 (gsync on and off)
    Viewsonic Elite xg270 (gsync on and off)

6. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I’m aware but referring to Dolby / atmos signals

++ManuelG - I’m curious, can you please help me understand why nvidia HD driver only allows multi channel in and not Dolby digital plus to pass through like the windows driver does? I know I don’t have to install the nvidia version but find it strange why do they provide it and have it tied to the removal of the driver?

7. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    I have a very similar problem with Word too! When i try to resize or reposition the word window on the screen the process is laggy!
    Other than that no other issues so far. I'll keep the testing up for a little longer and if i see anything else i will report back.

8. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    It is happening only at 240Hz. No flickering at 144hz or 60hz.

Word is also flickering. Same for Power Point and Outlook.

(154) 461.06 flickering - YouTube

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    explains why i don't see it then, i only get 144 or oc up to 165.

and given Hedonism has a 60hz UW gsync panel, its probably pixel clock related.

10. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    i didn't see a Windows XP version either. What the heck, nVidia?

11. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Installed drivers on top of previous drivers, using clean install option selected

The World_Of_Warcraft_-_Retail.nip is not able to be imported as wow.exe is already in use by both World of Warcraft - Classic and World of Warcraft profiles
    I have removed all three default profiles and was then able to import your Retail.nip

I don't play Classic so dont need a profile for it anyway.

So far no flickering for me, but will need to test more as it doesn't always show.

12. washburnx

washburnx Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970
    I cant confirm that this driver boost my fps in black ops cold war.. Thanks Nvidia! RTX 2060 user here

Specs:
    i7 4790k @4.7ghz
    16gig DDR3 1866
    RTX 2060

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Oh, this is my mistake, I did a search/replace of the classic profile instead of exporting the actual retail one, i thought it would work that way but it seems not.

when importing a nip file, the executables list has to either match the original or have unique additions, the classic profile includes 2 more EXE's than the new retail one, so it was trying to add executables that were already used, even though i specified the _Retail_ folder inspector doesn't exactly take this into account as i assumed it would.

Fixed, new file going up now

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...66981631950884/World_Of_Warcraft_-_Retail.nip

Classic was unaffected as it was already fine.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    Amaze and Ohmer like this.
  14. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    Buy a bigger gpu.
    -Sylvain Trottier (Ubishit)

15. HedonismBot

HedonismBot Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    The screen refresh rate is actually 100hz (when overclock turned on in the monitor settings), but sure that could still be the issue. What card do you use Astyanax out of interest? Like you say though just wait for the event first.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i tested it on a 3070/w PG297Q, probably not pushing enough pixels to reproduce it, 1440p@144/165.

holy frack is ampere fast, too bad this ones not for me :eek:

17. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

Why? Just..do it.

18. ortucis

ortucis Active Member

GPU:
    AORUS 1060 Extreme
    Because you don't have to. Unless the drivers are a mess..

19. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    See a lot people here mentioned this driver got issue.

So far it run very stable to me and no issue with my Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 GPU, I am keeping it as it fixed the HDR black issue. :)
    - No HDR black screen in all my 2 LG monitor (34GN850 & 27GL850) and 1 LG TV (C9).
    - No G-sync issue as working perfectly fine for all my LG G-Sync Compatible display.
    - No Chromium Edge flickers.
    - No Microsoft Word issue. I using Office 365.
    - No BSOD or auto restart.

Maybe those facing issue can try Clean Install.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    pharma and Archvile82 like this.
  20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Can anyone confirm that gsync is working since the latest driver on lg24gm79b, it is a freesync monitor but gsync works when u enable it in nvidia cp, superb stuff my game is a lot smoother when moving around and there s no ghosting