NVIDIA GeForce driver 369.09

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by maur0, Aug 4, 2016.

1. pnds

pnds New Member

GPU:
    Titan X(p)
    Correction, the driver crashes in the same way .05 did.

2. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Just finished cleaning out 365.19 with DDU and downloading these through WU. Of course it installs the junk I don't want (3dvision, audio driver, background update stuff) but seems to be missing the control panel. Sort of. It's strange. There is no icon in the system tray and no processes related to control panel in any part of task manager, but when I right click on the desktop the nvidia control panel context menu item is there. If I click it sure enough it opens up the control panel and lets me change stuff.

I'm off to test games and to see whether or not this "ghost" control panel actually applies any of my settings changes after a reboot or not. Dxdiag also reports WDDM 2.1 so that is cool, I guess. I will report back after playing some games, analyzing some frame times and testing for stability.

3. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
  4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    So far testing has given some strange results. In PCARS, no matter what setting I use for Physx in the NVCP it forces it to the CPU. Just a few hours ago on 365.19 the Physx visual indicator while in game would always say GPU. So far it seems to run fine during clear races, but suffers pretty badly when rain/night comes around.

*EDIT* Yes, I know about the developers saying the game only uses CPU for Physx. I suppose it could just be this driver, since races I was doing just fine @60 FPS less than a day ago now bounce between 30-40. Maybe the next "official" driver from NV for the 900 series and Win10 Ann will make things right again.

GTAV seems to run better, enough for me to change it from FXAA to MSAAx2 @1440p. Frame times are a bit better as well.

Fallout 4 straight up refuses to launch even though I was playing it a few days ago, although that could be the 1.7.10 patch that just came through and wrecked stuff.

Going to bed but will probably keep testing tomorrow night.

*EDIT2* Yikes, either these drivers hate my system or they didn't install properly through WU. I get this error I have never seen before when trying to play Civ V or Borderlands 2/TPS.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016

5. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    if you weren't stupid you'd hit custom install and uncheck all that. :bang:

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Yikes! Read my post again. I was letting Windows Update download the newest drivers since nvidia doesn't seem to have an official way for 900 series users to get on 369.09 yet, that is how the extra junk got installed.

In other news, I've since done another DDU cleaning and now I'm going to try the custom installer by Cyris and see what happens compared to the WU driver.

7. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    uptobox gives me 1Mbps with a free account, don't know how you get 128kbps..

Rar is not dead since version 5, which in some case can rival 7z LZMA.

+1 to separate architecture.
    Any custom installer for mobile version (980M) ?

8. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Sorry if this is a bit off-topic but how do you do that? I have driver-updates disabled. Do you enable the option just to get the driver or is there a way i don't know?
    Also will Windows not ask if you wanna install but just install the new driver? That would be really annoying. Is it even possible to have an "old" driver installed with this option turned on or will it always try to update then?
    Sorry i'm just asking out of curiosity.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I used Cyris' installer to install these drivers for my GTX 980 Ti and they've been working great; they even show as being certified under DXDiag!

One oddity I did notice was the GPU-Z v1.10.0 shows the drivers version as a number with 369.09 embedded in it but with another one in brackets that refers to v368.95! Not quite sure why it shows something for v368.95 unless the installer is using elements from that driver too. :3eyes:

10. Nastya

Nastya Active Member

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Why has this still not been released on the NV page?

11. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    they mentioned tuesday but i think is around 15th Aug.

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    If you weren't stupid you'd know running windows update installs everything automatically.

Seriously, no need to be a dickhead with your insults.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    If that's the driver for NMS then they should be released today or tomorrow.

Edit: I don't think that it'll be 369.09 though.

14. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    I sure hope not considering this driver like every single iteration before it (except 368.51) breaks surround.

Really hoping to be able to get current with nvidias next driver since the last half a dozen didn't work. This ones already been tried and ddu'd :p

15. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi rtx 2080ti trio
    i think there will be no more drivers until deus ex releases

16. Ungeheuer97

Ungeheuer97 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
    NMS releases in less than 24 hours, so they'll probably roll out an update by then.

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I don't have that running Win 10 RS1. I suspect there are elements of the old driver on your system or something is not being updated using an nonstandard installer.

18. LongWayRunner

LongWayRunner Banned

GPU:
    EVGA
    There will be a separate driver for BF1 beta, whilst gamescon. 2 new drivers.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Here's what I get:

[​IMG]

P.S. Did not get my GTX 1080 today as the courier messed up so excuse the inaccurate specs in my signature. Tomorrow though... :D

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

[​IMG]

I did a clean install over the 368.95 driver using the files I extracted from the .cab. The only changes I made were to the setup.cfg to install the old style Nvidia update app versus the GeFarce app and I don't install any of the 3D components.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016