Nvidia GeForce Beta 275.27

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by basco, May 17, 2011.

1. Falendra

Falendra New Member

GPU:
    GTX 470 1280DDR5
    Using these drivers for the past few days all tests going well, but today I noticed when my pc entered away/standby mode upon return the GPU would only use 2% usage of every game I tried.
    A reboot returned it to normal, anyone else have a similar issue with sleep/away/standby?
    My previous driver 266.58 didn't do this, using a gtx470.

2. RAB86

RAB86 Member

GPU:
    SLI Gigabyte GTX 470 SOC
    okay went back to the 270.61 and same thing, I don't know wth is going on with the game. Actually the 275.27 ran shogun 2 better overall even with the sli glitch.

3. Aveon

Aveon Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2

Agreed Although my stuttering in Splinter cell dissapeared. TWO worlds 2 has low FPS now.

4. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    Any need to be a jerk there ? Take your meds today buddy ? I didnt complain at all. I only stated an issue. I have taken plenty of steps to resolve the issue changing out physxloader.dll lets the game start then you get no games for windows overlay which means no saving !

Been working on comps since 1981. My knowledge is at an expert level in both hardware and software troubleshooting. I know how to read crash dumps, overclock and all kinds of other stuff from doing it most of my life. Rolling back to previous driver fixes it. Best part is that the game doesnt even use Physx ! It is just GFWL drm screwing the pooch. The physx versions are the SAME as the last driver (270.27) so it really makes no sense !

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    true physx installer is old its 9.10.0514 since 260.xx, but it can be buggy once you install new driver.. i had this issue few times in the past and since then i always install it separate at end.

The quickest way yea is to install it after you finished installing gpu drivers >> right on physx installer and chose repair option, it will reinstall it in 2-3sec and all is back to normal:nerd:

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    hopefully the whql version comes out soon, loving the cpu bottleneck performance boost :D

7. Turdhat

Turdhat Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 X
    Odd thing was that Physx was woking fine in games that really use it like Mirrors Edge and batman AA. Batman aa gets a FAT performance boost from these drivers. I was able to fix the issue by browsing to the nvidia folder in the root of c: and running the physx msi file which of course just reinstalled it. Thanks for the suggestions.

8. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    +1 for batman, playing it now its fricken beautifull totally maxxed with nvidia 16QxAA (coming from an ex ati user that couldnt get it) and mad fps considering physx is on high, really loving this power hog :)

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Seen my first "bug" last night.... If I enable v-sync in the nVidia Control Panel, I get 60fps (as expected)...but can't maintain a connection to World of Warcraft without massive lag. I disable v-sync in control panel (or simply switch the option to "application controlled") and the problem completely goes away....

10. LazyBum

LazyBum Member

GPU:
    Asus Titan X SLI
    Got the same probs with my 580GTX SLI. Including this. Went back to 270.61 even though 275.27 was smoother in CoD series games. (no stutter)

11. johnathonm

johnathonm Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual 580 GTX SLI
    Seeing some weird things in WOW with these drivers. Everything will be going smoothly and then randomly the frame rate will cut in half (like it stopped using one of my two cards). Then the driver will crash.

Anyone else seen this or experienced something similar?

12. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Fellow gtx570 owners that are playing Witcher 2: what fps are you getting?
    Im playing at 1080p maxed out everything without uber sampling and im getting an average of 53fps, being 45 the lowest and 70 the max not vsynched.

Is that normal, using latest beta, or should i expect more?

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Dude, considering how awesome the game looks, you're running it @ 1080p, maxed out, you should be happy as **** with that FPS.

14. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Well... I benched these driver set.

With 270 i get around 40 or 39 avg fps in Crysis 1 Very High, x64 and DX10. (exept sound that is on medium). At 1152 x 864.

With 275 i get 39 or 38 fps avg, same settings.

I dwnloaded XGs ones though, my "broadband" is crap, so 50mb less to download was a nice plus. lol. Ppl at their forums do said that XGs ran 1 or 2 fps lower than nVidias official drivers.

Didnt tested Crysis 2 or AC Brotherhood since those ran well enough (cant force AA on any of them so no use for more perf).

Short story, i dun see any "12% more perf in CPU limited cases" Maybe like -2% if you're too pessimist lol.

15. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Yah I had that aswell.

Whats odd here is that you are using G3 aswell, it was the change to G3 weapon that triggered all the gfx bugs for me, had played 3.5 hour no problem before that and when I switched to g3 it all started.

Didnt think any of it at the time but now seeing you also using the G3..might not be coincidence.

/edit

Been playing some BC2 today in the morning and well it gives me alot of gfx bugs again.

Think I will change back later today, need my bc2 in working order :)

Last edited: May 21, 2011

16. hiritsuki

hiritsuki New Member

GPU:
    RTX2080ti
    That's my test is the avisynth NLMeans CL,
    the 270.61 is faster than 275.27.

The report:
    270.61 is usual 5.7fps
    275.27 is usuall lower than 5fps

What about driver happened!?

17. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I'm getting fluctuating FPS in CSS. Not stuttering though, previously it was always capped at 120, now its 110-120. I tried turning down all the settings, still the same, just slightly less than the cap and not locked at it.

Redownloading the game now, changing graphics settings in NVCPL didn't help either.

18. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Thanks man. Dont get me wrong im super happy of the performance, just asking if someone with the same card is getting the same fps.

19. Kila Skila

Kila Skila Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 680GTX 4GB
    Big boost in 3d mark 11 for me!

On the 267.85 = P8627

Compared to P9226 with theses!

Shame voltage control is still locked :(

20. Zulithe

Zulithe New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX570 SC 1280MB