NVIDIA GeForce 526.98 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    from what i can tell, the madvr hdr issue occurs after the driver has previously been in a resolution lower then native

ManuelG is still waiting on kernel dump files when this is occurring.

2. arnob216

arnob216 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1650 Super
    I was having black screen issue while playing Spider-man or running heaven benchmark for few mins. My display would turn off automatically. But after using DDU through safe mode and going back to older driver (522.25), problem is gone. Most likely a driver between 47 and 98 caused this.

3. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    What Video card do you have? AMD or nVidia?
    i c AMD R7 360
    if nVidia :
    Have you checked "change advanced power settings" in the windows control panel in windows power options, to switch off sleep and / or hibernate under sleep settings?
    Try power plan to set it to high performance...

In nVidia CP try prefer high performance in power management mode..

I Hope this helps maybe.....:)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2022
  4. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Did you use DDU in safe mode B4 installing the new driver ?

5. BenchAndGames

BenchAndGames Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti X Trio
    Dont lose your time and your card for RMA that you will have same problem, I did RMA my TUF 3080 first time when I got this exact issue back in august 2022, then with brand new 3080 got it again.
    Meanwhile I had other systems in my hands with 3060 ti, and rtx 3090 and experience same problem.
    Yes games are crashing if you palying when you got this issue, because its a random issue, its not happaning because something specific, but if you play you will crash, if you dont play you will not event notice the error only if you check event viewer

Do whatever you like but there is plenty of people with exact this issue, device/video3 gpuid 100, ID 0 event....

6. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    normal reinstall :)

7. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX

This has been extensively documented ever since the 495/496 force move to DCH drivers. Issue was non existent before then. Tickets were submitted to nvidia, files were provided, nvidia RMAs for cards were done several times, nvidia tech support suggested replacing the card, tech support suggested replacing cables and monitor, -replaced new cards had exactly the same problem - its not the monitor, its not the cables, and no solution ever came for it.

Eventually a patter emerged across multiple forums where it was determined that it started with the forced 495/496 dch implementation. It also seems more apparent with those using HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4DSC, but there are reports on other forums folks using DP 1,4 non DSC are also having the same issue. Other common characteristic was using 10 bit instead of 8 bit, but not absolute. On other forums and here it was surmised that the issue rooted within an MS new requirement and nvidia driver implementation.

Tickets were submitted to MS and MS 100% of the time suggested restoring windows, a clean install, or taking it up with the card manufacturer. Doesn't mean its not an MS issue but:

Reverting to the 472 series solved ALL traces of the problem.

For those of us with who upgraded to cards not supported in the 472/473 series drivers, we have to live with it randomly, usually the first 2-5 reboots after any driver install and random after that.

Examples that it is NOT your card or your monitor or your cable is that you can do a the print screen command and it captures the squares in the picture. Another example that its NOT your card cable or monitor is that you mouse cursor arrow/hand can glide over and rest on the black squares and the mouse curser arrow can fully retains its shape. You can drag a window over the squares and the squares/polygons can be covered up as well.

Not using appx or MS store seems to provide the lowest instance of the issue, for those of us that can do that.

No resolution or admittance of the issue has ever been acknowledged despite many reports, videos and screenshots across multiple forums.

I hope that helps
    squares.jpg

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  8. Terepin

Terepin Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    So basically yes, you did assume he's an idiot.

Oh and by the way, he wrote he has GTX 1650 Super.

9. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    I now think my issues with flickering/blanking display are related to Geforce Experience. I uninstalled it and they pretty much stopped. I never used Shadowplay (disabling it was the first thing I'd always do), so no real loss on my end. That would also explain why it seemed to affect older drivers that used to be fine - it updates itself.

EDIT: Maybe I spoke too soon. After 2 days of nothing, it's happening again this morning. I keep Chrome and Teams open pretty much all day, so those could be related?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2022
  10. Pashka_ch1981

Pashka_ch1981 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3060Ti
    Once used to experience such issue, after installing Nvidia Quadro driver, modded with NVCleanstall. Not quite sure what version, 513.xx or something. My guess, the root of glitches was some kind of Quadro stuff, not suitable with desktop GPUs.

11. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti Strix H20

I've seen this issue many times and I have to reboot for it go away.
    Won't reappear for a while though, no rhyme or reason for it just appears sometimes on cold boots or even reboots.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the lack of unique dump files from affected individuals makes it difficult to identify a common component.

13. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    I actually attempted to do this via the Nvidia instructions and the DMP file that was created had permissions issues. I'm the sole account for my machine and I have full admin rights. Yet no matter what I attempted to do and how many times I tried to take control of the file, it wouldn't let me compress the file or email it to Nvidia. I can move it around and I can delete it without issue, though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Do those black spots flicker and change places?
    I had something similar happen to me 20 days after I upgraded to driver 516.94.
    https://imgur.com/a/1H8a2Xm also driver crashed went it happened.
    I restarted the PC and that cleared it untill it happened again twice again in a 6 day period (so a couple of days inbetween with no issues) So I decided to DDUclean the same driver again just incase some corruption developed and its been a month on 516.94 and so far it hasn't happened again yet.

caleb59 and BoomSlang001 like this.
  15. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    Some artifacting in older games with this driver

Sniper Elite V2 remastered, Cod Black Ops 1, Crysis remasters 2 and 3

a bit like rubber banding but its like a grid that covers the floor area of the scene

16. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    So its my card faulty? It can happen when my windows is sitting on desktop few hours and i start launch game <WD LEGION> and on loading screen it can crash driver+ nvlddmkm error. Next time is fine. No crash during game.

i have rtx 4090 palit gm rock

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    Check for a firmware update for you GPU

1 Suggestion is low idle current set in your bios for the PSU? with the 4090 being so power hungry I suspect it is a power supply issue and you just need to wait for atx 3.0 power supplies

18. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    i have seasonic px 1300

19. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    The black polygons can change shape and can be covered up by windows, menus or mouse pointers. They can also be captured in a screenshot

20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    So a little recap about nV drivers & H/W :p

Im with nV (again after 5y or so) in a Year and a couple of months.
    Drivers are very good, not even once i needed to revert to older ones.

IMhO nV driver support is top notch.
    HW is very good and reliable.
    Im happy with my Ampere :D

Note:
    Im playing now:
    Play Sackboy A Big Adventure & Kena - Bridge of Spirits
    also playing all the time FH5 & BF2042 + BFV and some other old games.

Xtreme512, pharma and chispy like this.