NVIDIA GeForce 526.86 WHQL Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mapson, Nov 10, 2022.

1. scaramonga

scaramonga Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 W/C
    I do notice my bathroom walls are much brighter with this set, keepers for now.

2. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I’m crashing way more in MW2 on this than with 516.94.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    BoomSlang001 likes this.
  3. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Airo
    When using this driver and DLS enabled after leaving game and clicking the start menu (win 11) only the first two rows of apps shows, all good with 522.25. A reboot fixes the problem.

4. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    have you also tried with clean install or if tweaked gpu just go to default settings or change some in-game settings to see if it will solve the issue or if something would get better or worse? What about gpu utilization in this vs last known working driver? same settings used?
    Just be sure you have tried different settings bevor you do a rollback

5. iNerd

iNerd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    But you also crashing with 516.94, right? I know that i could fix some crashing in games with lowering cpu and ram OC. Mostly when i OC cpu and ram for benchmarking and then realize that application actually suffer despite best benchmark results and lowering the oc solved the game crashing issues.
    Are there same reports for MW2 with this driver online?

6. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Installed these, had a heart-stopping nvlddmkm reset on Desktop while having Twitch open in Firefox ... the screen went black, then it came back, rendered a bunch of blocky artifacts (the kind that makes me fear for the life of my GPU and Monitor), then it went black again, then it was unresponsive for a couple of seconds, before it recovered ... according to HWInfo the GPU was stuck at 100% core load during this, despite no 3D being rendered anywhere.

Yeah i noped right the hell back to 522.25 with a clean install. NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM someday i will learn

Attached Files:

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Can highly recommend to set media.hardware-video-decoding.enabled = false in Firefox about:config. With all the trouble hardware decoding causes in at least browsers, it's just worthless on stationary systems. It usually even causes higher power consumption when watching videos vs. software decoding, as the GPU might stick to a higher pstate. Everything else remains fully GPU accelerated.

n\/Cl34r and Archvile82 like this.
  8. Hiku

Hiku Member

GPU:
    4080 @3.0/25Ghz
    nVidia drivers "clean" install doesn't actually mean anything! You can only do true clean drivers installion with DDU.

nVidia drivers "clean" install only destroys your programs/games settings (on CPL) to defaults. I personally never, i mean NEVER, use it.

I allmost always do only normal install or using DDU (maybe 2-3 times /year). I only use DDU when i'm installing a new GPU, have issues or like an a couple weeks ago when i upgraded my OS (Win10Pro > Win11Pro).

I also use once DDU over a 1month ago (517.xx) when i started use CLEAN drivers after WHQL drivers to wipe out those nVidia bloat/extra processess (to communicate nVidia servers)/BS...

I recommended highly use an CLEAN drivers before WHQL. System is now a slighty more responsive, may be a placebo, but i will use these CLEAN drivers now and future.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/526-86-clean-version.433367/
    When a new WHQL (DCH nowadays) driver has been released, it takes 1-2 days when a CLEAN driver version is available.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  9. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    Yep I can confirm the same issue with 3070ti, random effect like the video. Going back to 522.25 does solve it but rather have the small performance increase in CyberPunk with newer drivers.

Carfax likes this.
  10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Lots of other people have observed the same issue so it's not just me. It's not a pressing issue as I've already beaten Metro Exodus and I was just testing it the RT effects. I don't like to roll back drivers so I think I will just wait until Nvidia fixes it in a future driver update.

11. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Like with drivers before these I started getting occasional ''nvlddmkm id event 0 \device\video3 GPUID: 100'' thing which never happened before, HAGS is off already.

n\/Cl34r likes this.
  12. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this driver include the speed boosts that 522.25 offered? ive been out of the scene for a few weeks and looking to see if this is a "upgrade" to that driver>.. Thank you

13. jmmy23

jmmy23 Master Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090 Palit
    Maybe i should try update VBIOS?

14. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    maybe it's because of the issues with HAGS?

can manuel check it?

15. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Same problem Windows 11 22H2, RTX 2080ti, start of the game. Anyone reported the issue to nVidia?

16. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
    Iirc, all Nvidia gpu drivers install in 'Line based' due to some mobo configurations having issues with MSI mode operation. Line based is universally compatible with a minimal of conflicts across mobo's... This info was courtesy of NVidia (Manuel iirc).

Can anyone verify?

disq likes this.
  17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    I was crashing with 516.94 but way less often, not even every day. Now I have it happen like 4 times per session. It’s not the overclock because I removed it and it’s still happening just as frequently. Judging by what I’m reading on Reddit people are still crashing a lot.

18. disq

disq Member Guru

GPU:
    ReaperXL2 likes this.
  19. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid
  20. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Wierd problem M8, is your graphic card overclocked ? other games works?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022