NVIDIA GeForce 522.25 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by PeskyPotato, Oct 12, 2022.

1. Meathelix1

Meathelix1 Master Guru

GPU:
    10x 3090ti 24G
    This is good for the current 3000 users, what is so funny is that the 4090's haven't even sold out here in Australia you know unlike the 3090's when they first released.

Just shows that the not everyone is buying one, not even scalpers.

2. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    If it helps you, on Firefox the video has zero fps drops, if I play it on Chrome, I can reproduce the issue, the video drops fps to no end. Youtube on Chrome is horrible. Just don't use Chrome, also it's full of Google's spyware and tracking stuff, try other browsers, I think you mentioned this issue with Chrome on Youtube before, if it isn't fixed now, it won't be fixed later on.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    didn't hope for anything on my ancient GTX 1070 OC but tried it anyway (FSR 2.1 Mod only no other mods)

Ryzen 7 5800X (CO undervolted)
    32GB DDR4 3733
    GTX 1070 OC

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-ALFIE-, Dro1d01, Lex Luthor and 4 others like this.
  4. Colocopia

Colocopia Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3
    yeah no.

GoldenTiger, AuerX, dr_rus and 2 others like this.

5. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    Confirmed, map messed up in CyberPunk 2077.
    Still trying more games.
    3070 Ti
    PEACE

6. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    Whatever dude, if you believe HAGS is bad, is up to you, I don't have to go Youtube and believe what others say, I test my games with HAGS on and off, some games get better, other worse, if I am gonna play a game that is better with HAGS, I enable it and if it's worse, I don't use it, it's a simple toggle, I don't get why are you so mad about it or want to "convince" me I can't use it lmao. Gamemode does nothing for me, so I just keep it on. Also keep in mind most old Windows quirks and bugs with Gamemode have been fixed since 20H2 and forward, so maybe some Youtube videos are from people with old Windows versions like 1803 or 1709.

Also, since you insist on sources... https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/technologies/dlss/

7. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    yeah me too, even if at native I can hit my framrate target I will use DLSS, less load on GPU and looks almost the same in some cases better on DLSS quality.
    Also run HAGS since it was enabled in the vbios and have had no issues.

AuerX, GenClaymore and Smough like this.
  8. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, slight out of topic.

Shader Cache, do you increse the size or leave it as-is, driver default? I'd appreciate simply yes or no. No need to elaborate about what, why etc.

9. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    I think he means every time you install a new nvidia driver, the shader cache from each game needs to be rebuilt so they may stutter a bit when this is happening or could use more CPU, but once it's done, they stabilize, nothing about the size config in NVCP. As for Shader Cache size, I have it on "Unlimited" since I don't have any storage issues and it's better to allows games to store as much shaders as they need, otherwise with driver's default size, they may get deleted and then re-created depending on the numbers of games you play.

RodroG likes this.
  10. WontonNoodle

WontonNoodle Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 3070M
    dlss is absolutely awful cause of the ghosting lol. it might look good in pictures or walking simulators but if you actually move the camera around it is terrible.

11. Meathelix1

Meathelix1 Master Guru

GPU:
    10x 3090ti 24G
    Anything below Quality DLSS does look like crap you can tell the difference, it looks blurry and does have ghosting. The only good setting for DLSS is Quality and at 4k Quality looks very close without DLSS. There is still a tiny bit of blurring but nothing like balanced mode.

I love the fact that everyone is using Cyberpunk I know why because its a terrible engine and badly optimized, a good way to see who can get higher fps on shitty engines.

If people really wanted to see how good Ray Tracing can be play Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition, they optimized the game for RT and you can run that on max settings with Quality DLSS at 100-130 fps at 4k, while at 1440p you can get around 130-160 fps.

Ray Tracing in games is still a side thing, some game devs are terrible at implementing it while others are good. Cyberpunk will get good but not for another 2 years. They have the dumbest AI I have ever seen. I can't believe how long it has taken them to get to where they are now and the crap game still has a lot of issues and bugs.

I love the fact of how dead the game looks yet the city is meant to have 6 million people, I like how people pop in after so many sections or after you look at an area and look away and look back, O PEOPLE ARE HERE NOW... It's going to take years to get good just like GTA 5 did.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    The Cyberpunk's map graphical corruption is present on my system as well. :/

13. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Really wonder how that could slip through with all the DLSS 3 juggling for that game etc.

14. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    DLing now, will try DCS on my machine and MSFS. DLSS works well in MSFS re: framerate and quality

15. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    I'm happy with these and playing well on COD Vanguard as did the previous :)

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Cyberpunk 2077 - DLSS 3 available when? Anyone have any info?

I think at the moment only spiderman supports it.

17. hoffer

hoffer Active Member

GPU:
    hd4600
    Waiting for hotfix that fixes CP2077. Hope they fix this without perfomance drop

18. Jefry_st

Jefry_st Member

GPU:
    Vega 8
    I admit interesting detail with new driver.
    AIDA64 GPU benchmark on my GTX 1660Ti SHA-1 hash up from 60416 Mb/s (517.48 WHQL) to 63081 Mb/s (522.25 WHQL) + 2600 Mb/s

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DLSS operates in the exact same way on all quality levels.
    If you see ghosting in Performance you will see the same ghosting in Quality.
    The only difference between them is the input render resolution and because of that difference some things may be less detailed or more prone to temporal aliasing on faster presets.
    That being said though your personal susceptibility to such differences is wholly dependent on your viewing environment and your eye sight. A 1440p 32" display may show more issues with DLSS below Quality while a 4K 32" display may not. You looking at a 4K TV on your desk may see such issues in DLSS Performance while you looking at a 4K TV from your couch may not.
    Enough with the blanket statements already.

20. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    DLSS Quality/Balanced is free performance at 4K if the implementation is good. It's the future, forget the native resolutions if you want heavy RT effects.

dr_rus and AuerX like this.