NVIDIA GeForce 517.48 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Sep 27, 2022.

1. oneoulker

oneoulker Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3070
    Windows 11 22H2 (latest)

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    OLED monitors yes, OLED TVs are here since 2012 and no, the price isn't high anymore, they are way cheaper than some expensive LED monitors while delivering a way better IQ.

HonoredShadow and BoomSlang001 like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sure, for pieces of junk with bad upscaling, the good stuff is still over 4.5K

4. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    LG C2 is faaaar from junk, all enthusiasts pair that TV with a 3090/4090. But Astyanax/Sora knows better.

5. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    What in the world upscaling with native 4K/120Hz on panel and content in native 4K lol, you are absolute dumb
    I know everything about expensive cables, i just love cables :) I have be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W PSU with my custom rewired silver plated cables, so you can imagine grade of madness lol

Also who thinks that OLEDs are less usable and/or differs from usual PC monitor experience - it's not, but you need to dial some things, for example simple thing as hiding taskbar, also i have for example daemon that turning off screen after some time (1 minute) and turn on again by mouse or keyboard like any monitor, so no need to click the remote every time to turn on/off like stupid Linus said etc. I'm using HDR for movies, not for games, because every game has crap hdr implementation, for movies i'm using madVR to passthrough HDR, and TV is switching to HDR mode by auto without any loss or "upscaling" like stupid sora said, because i'm watching native 4K HDR Movie/TV Show :)

HonoredShadow and BoomSlang001 like this.
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its almost like old content and consoles don't support 4k

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the C2 is garbage, a product designed to fail as soon as warranty is over,

LG is also the only constant where driver issues with wake from sleep issues are concerned.

Lex Luthor likes this.
  8. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Proof/Source ?

9. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Gonna love silver plating turning black, so yes, absolute madness.
    But the industry likes to sell use all kind of crap, no wonder that there are audio people who simply refuse to review cables regardless of how much they might be offered to lie and write only good things.

As for using OLED as a PC monitor, it's fine for movies and stuff without static images.
    As for them static images, it also depends on how much you got them there each day, think LG themselves suggested something like 30 minutes max each day to avoid burn in within warranty?
    So still not the best idea to use one as a PC monitor if there is a need to have static images for hours each day, like games, programs and other desktop environment.
    There is at least one site that has done some years of testing on the subject, so I would advise any PC user to check the data and figure if OLED will be fine or not dependent on daily usage, since it can become quite annoying to have a display with burn in after short time.
    If only for movies, why waste a powerful PC on that experience?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
  10. Ejziponken

Ejziponken Active Member

Anyone have clock issues with new OW2 game with these drivers?

11. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    I have had a good experience using an OLED TV as a monitor for almost 2 years. Of course, special care is needed (modifying the form of habitual use that many may have), but if that is done, I do not think there will be major problems if you are not always playing the same game for several hours.
    I would NOT recommend someone to use an OLED screen as a PC monitor if they are not willing to do those special things.

BoomSlang001 likes this.
  12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Willing to?
    How can you willingly turn to do special things it you have a DAW, Movie Editor or any productivity tool open for hours each day?
    That is what I'm talking about, not just some random doing this and that.

So I stand my ground by adivisng any PC user to check the data and figure if OLED will be fine or not for their daily usage.

Driver seems to be ok so far, didn't play a tons of games, but Destiny 2, CP2077 and Guardians of the Galaxy all run fine.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
    XantaX likes this.
  13. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    https://www.avnetwork.com/news/lg-oled-receives-emmy-award-as-hollywood-reference-display

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1603256543

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Are we able to change shader chance location yet? I would like to have that stored on my game/data SSD seeing it faster then my OS ssd, I heard about doing sybotic link but people had go threw loops to get that work

15. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    ? No hoops. Make a directory on the SSD you want to be the cache and then just:
    Code:
    cd C:\Users\[Your Username]\AppData\Local
    del NVIDIA /s
    mklink /j NVIDIA [Path to your directory on the SSD]

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is the command i do in cmd? Can this be done in normal windows? or does have to be done in Safe mode like i read?

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Disabling NV driver in device manager might also work to remove handles from shader cache files by active GPU processes.

18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    run cmd as admin , both windows modes, not shure in safe mode, I didn't try that

19. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti

The monitor, in this case an OLED, is a tool. If you need to keep the same program open in the same position for hours, the risk of burn in is high and this tool is not for you. As simple as that. That doesn't make it junk, it just isn't the right tool for this specific user. For others, like me, who do not use the television as a work tool, but for media consumption and games, it can be great.

Well, back to the topic:
    This driver has worked without problems in my case, tested in Forza Horizon 5, Kena Bridge of Spirits, Dishonored 2, Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

HonoredShadow likes this.
  20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    We do actually agree, I didn't claim that OLED is junk either. :D

You are not getting those rainbow artifacts in FH5?