NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Can a video driver cause odd scroll behaviour with a mouse? Since getting 516.59 the scroll wheel on my mouse doesn't quite behave as it should. In a browser window I get judder with vertcal scroll when I scroll up. In FB, when I scroll down, it sometimes auto scrolls. I never noticed this with the previous video driver and I haven't touched any mouse settings and I haven't updated any drivers for it either. Thoughts!?

2. Cynic

Cynic Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Dont think its normal. And this is max perfomance mode, in power saving mode it goes to 300+ ms. rtx3080 here if it matters. clean install

Attached Files:

3. SyntaX

SyntaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Suprim X
    There is "actually" nothing that require or is worth a update to W11 for me.

4. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel ARC A770
    Same here a lot of visual candy on windows 11 that takes up more resources on the CPU

pharma, lukas_1987_dion and Passus like this.

5. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gam'Z 3080 12G
    Personally, Windows 11 has been the smoothest gaming experience I've had on Windows. Unless you have an ancient CPU, you will benefit.

HoWxCoRe, Undying, Xtreme512 and 3 others like this.
  6. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 6Gb
    Are you on Windows 11?

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Win 10 21H2

Warkratos likes this.
  8. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel ARC A770
    i9 12900K not realy ancient ;)

lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  9. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gam'Z 3080 12G
    I wasn't referencing the 12900K or your setup, Windows 11 is smoother on any modern CPU - fact.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  10. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Not noticing much of an improvement with 11 vs. 10. System still badly lags when downloading compressed games via Steam with 120MB/s, Linux remains much more responsive.

11. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3060 OC
    Sure true , the candy can be disabled with registry settings and / or remove packages, but then Win11 = Win10 the most ppl stay on Win 10, i am always curious how new Windows versions are developing
    If Ms Dos 2.0 has been abandoned by everyone we where still on Ms Dos 1.xxx and playing packman on a Ryzen 9 and a super fast RTX 3xxx card LOL :)
    I hope Windows 10 and 11 can be used side on side as long as possible :)

12. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel ARC A770
    I have even disabled most of the candy still windows 11 in my experience is CPU hungry. I'm on LTSC 2021 and my system is all over more silent with the fans less heat from CPU

Papusan and XantaX like this.
  13. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    This looks like problem of FB, because I also noticed this and I didn't changed drivers for a long time.
    It happens when you scroll to the "end" of the page and the FB load new posts...

I don't have so high speed, but otherwise I must use Linux in work (for programming) and I must say, that I have much better user experience with windows (when we are talking about GUI UX on Linux) :D

14. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX3060 OC
    Maybe the wheel is worn out and the tumble clicks on the wheel not be felt ,it's not driver related imo, a few months ago my Corsair mouse wheel was worn out too ,you can try the mouse on an other system or driver ? i replaced the mouse wheel click in games to a keybord shortcut...hope it helps...

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Totally valid experience, as Linux desktop has its own set of issues (though Nvidia GPU doesn't help). But Win 11 received some scheduler black magic to favor processes with window in foreground etc., and it still does very poorly vs. Linux when it comes to other processes not making UIs etc. lag.

16. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    I honestly only noticed it after installing this driver. I'm sure I would have noticed it if it'd happened before then.

I certainly hope not, I've only had the mouse since January and Cherry are a decent make. It's fine in Windows Mail and Windows Explorer, I only notice it in the browser and I'm sure people have said that this driver has affected browsers.

I use Brave as my default browser, but, I just tried it in Edge and it was just the same, both are based on Chrome.

EDIT:

Interestingly, it works just fine on this page, scrolling up and down just fine. Other pages have a lot of images as well as text. Go figure!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6600 XT
    11 has been been inconsistent or significantly worse for VR for a while after launch. I've heard most issues have been fixed by now, but when I last tried it a few weeks ago Oculus was still a laggy mess (V42 PTC) unrelated to the console window visibility workaround.

Most of my issues with 11 come from trying to use it normally with a MS account, UWP apps, and default security. I just can't get used to that and it's notably slow. I'm setting up a clean install of 11 now with my usual tweaks, and it's as-fast if not a little bit more responsive than LTSC 2021. A quick test of Beat Saber shows VR works properly as well.

endbase likes this.
  18. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gam'Z 3080 12G
    Weird, was playing HL Alyx on my Oculus last week and it was flawless, as was Walking Dead. I have an MS account and the only thing i have deleted/removed from Win 11 is the game bar/Xbox Live functionality as I just don't use MS Store gaming. Everything honestly runs as it should with a 3080/5700x, great performance and smooth maintenance. Had this install running for 6 months now.

Espionage724 and OnnA like this.
  19. EDUARDO77

EDUARDO77 New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1050 Ti
    Windows 10 pro x64 - My nvidia gtx 1050 ti game freezes and crashes .. Drivers GeForce version 516.59 ?

20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Incredibly fast runs great on R7 3800x and pcie4 nvme. Cant wait for directstorage. :)

PapaJohn likes this.