NVIDIA GeForce 516.59 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 28, 2022.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    Game Ready for F1 22
    This new Game Ready Driver provides the best day-0 gaming experience for F1 22 which utilizes NVIDIA DLSS to maximize performance and features four high-fidelity ray-traced effects. In addition, this new Game Ready Driver offers support for the latest releases and updates including Loopmancer and Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak.

Fixed Issues
    - [Red Dead Redemption][Vulkan]: Some objects may flicker when player is indoors.
    - [OpenGL] Minecraft Java Edition may display artifacts when using Optifine shaders.
    - [OpenGL] Artifacts may appear in Second Life when connecting using third party viewers.
    - [Neverwinter Nights] Light sources not rendering correctly.
    - [Vulkan] Path of Exile displays flashing black textures.
    - [G-SYNC] Games may stutter when bringing up the Xbox app overlay.
    - [UE5] General UE5 stability improvements.

Open Issues
    - [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos.
    - [RTX 30 series] PC monitor may not wake from display sleep when GPU is also connected to an HDMI 2.1 TV, and the TV is powered off.
    - Toggling HDR on and off in-game causes game stability issues when non-native resolution is used.
    - Videos played back in Microsoft Edge may appear green if NVIDIA Image Scaling is enabled upon resuming from hibernate or booting with fastboot.
    - [DirectX 12] Shadowplay recordings may appear over exposed when Use HDR is enabled from the Windows display settings.
    - Monitor may briefly flicker on waking from display sleep if DSR/DLDSR is enabled.
    - [Jurassic World Evolution 2][Microsoft Store] Artifacts may appear in game.
    - [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes.
    - [MSI GE66 Raider 10UG/MSI GE76 Raider 10UH] Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode.
    - [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay.

NVIDIA Display Driver Installation Error - “An unknown error has occurred”
    If you run into an installation issue with NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 516.59, please download and install the previous Game Ready Driver 516.40 driver first and then proceed to reinstall the Game Ready Driver 516.59

Download: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-516-59-whql-driver-download.html

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Jurassic World Evolution 2 issue should not even be there as it was apparently a game-related bug and fixed in the recent v1.4.3 hotfix for the Steam and Epic versions. I played the game last week absolutely fine on the v516.40 after purchasing the Steam version in the sale. At that time, the GamePass version on the Microsoft Store was still on v1.4.2 and had not been patched so was still broken with the same driver. I have since uninstalled it so I don't know if that version has now been patched but I would imagine it would have by now.

3. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    Movies always blurry in 4k 23/24hz 10 bits :( 12 bits for workaround.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  4. jaggedjunkie

jaggedjunkie New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Are these drivers WDDM 3.1? currently using 525.14 with 22H2.

5. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Never had this issue myself, I've been using 4K displays since ~2016

Just tested both 24Hz and 23Hz and both look fine in terms of clarity, the same as 60Hz exactly.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  6. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    Desktop is OK. I mention since a lot of drivers that a movie in 4k 10 bits HDR is blurry in 23 hz/24hz. Gaming on 60hz or 120hz is fine.
    I have to set 12 bits manually in the control panel for workaround.

7. Yes they are

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Another one!

9. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Yeah, that's what I thought. After Frontier patched it, JWE2 was just fine with 516.40. I'm going to see what this one does anyway. Can always go back if needs be.

10. Rogerbee

Rogerbee Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2060 6gb
    Just installed this driver and JWE2 is just fine. For Steam anyway. I'll stick with this now.

11. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    I've stopped 'upgrading' my Nvidia drivers - my current set are two sets ago, 512.95 clean from Eviltoaster and cryohellinc on here.

I will only upgrade if I actually find a genuine issue that is definitively solved by a fix in a new set.

beezee likes this.
  12. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    When someone storms in with the most vague explanation, going as far as to say it looks 'blurry' can pretty much
    answer himself in my opinion. I've four 4k monitors, 2 since 2016 and 2 more(one of em an oled tv) since 2019.

I'm not sure how these people produce these 'blurry' results when comapring 10bpc to 12bpc. The literal logic behind it
    is actually going backwards. 10bpc has the slight chance of being full 4;4;4 rgb, whilst 12bpc is a compressed pos 4:2:0.
    If anything, 12 should look 'blurry'(not) if compared to 10.

My guess is these people don't know what they're looking at and just want to complain here, blaming everything on the drivers.

wtfisgoingon, kp1971 and SSD like this.
  13. Bedouille69

Bedouille69 Member

GPU:
    You are kidding right ? I know exactly what I'm doing and what worked before. It works also when I set 8 bits but I lose the "little" extra of 10 bits colours.
    A movie is native 4:2:0

14. half_empty_soul

half_empty_soul Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 ti
    Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay.

another one to skip

15. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Great job, you've read the chroma subsampling specification on the BD's info! And this helps you resolve your issue how exactly?
    You'll continue to whine that you're right and that it looks 'blurry', or will you actually try to backup the statement with something more than just words.

16. Mapson

Mapson Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Super 8GB
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...rce-grd-51659-feedback-thread-released-62822/

NVIDIA Display Driver Installation Error - "An unknown error has occurred"

If you run into an installation issue with NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready Driver 516.59, please download and install the previous Game Ready Driver 516.40 driver first and then proceed to reinstall the Game Ready Driver 516.59. NVIDIA Game Ready Driver 516.40 is available for download from our NVIDIA Driver Downloads page below: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Tagging @valorex just in case you want to add the issue to main post.

valorex likes this.
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Yup, same.

18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    To all of you sharing the amazing feat of not actually planning to install this driver, perhaps you'd like to share an array of instagram pics explaining how you squeezed the juice to go with your avocado toast as well.

I installed these, have only played Elden Ring for a few hours. Works fine.

AntiSnipe, Astug and big ROBOT bill like this.
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Similar problem to Division 2.

20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    I've installed these and my grandma saw apparitions. So nothing to worry so far, will report back if things get spookier (e.g. crash logs in Windows event viewer).