Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 15, 2022.
It obviously means that they are adding support for this to upcoming cards.
Also new CUDA version 11.7 in this driver
- Support for using the NVIDIA Open GPU Kernel Modules with CUDA 11.7 and the R515 beta driver.
- Lazy loading of compute kernels for possible "significant" device-side memory savings by deferring from loading at the beginning of a program to instead when the compute kernel is first called. The "CUDA_MODULE_LOADING=LAZY" environment variable controls this CUDA module lazy loading behavior.
- NVCC host compiler support for Clang 13.
- Various new features to Nsight Compute, CUPTI, NVPROF / Visual Profiler, and other CUDA Developer Tools.
- All color formats are now supported for Vulkan-CUDA interop support on Android and Tegra's L4T.
- Deprecating 32-bit compilation by NVCC for all GPUs.
- CentOS Linux 8 has also been removed from the CUDA Toolkit and replaced by Rocky Linux 8 support given the upstream CentOS 8 EOL.
If I end up with issues like these, I'll just roll back to 512.96 or even 516.25.
Edit: Funny how these aren't stickied; probably due to the numerous issues.
Still waiting for a driver that will finally enable the GSP (GPU System Processor) in our vid cards. Hopefully, NVIDIA will release one in the near future.
true, shame opengl seems to have broken spectacularly on rtx cards
There was a last minute change in the game client on June 14th that introduced incompatibility between game and grd, compatibility testing was already finalized prior to this patch.
Everything supports SM6.6, even pascal and maxwell.
This driver has been working fine for me, mostly been playing Apex with it.
Open GL working fine here in Binding Of Isaac Rebirth, Atom Zombie Smasher, Shooters Pool (bar the game bug issue which has an impending fix) on a 3080 12GB. I'm sure I have various other Open GL titles I could try as well.
And which ones were better? 495 or 510?
Any clues? I'd love to look for some that you are seeing. I just looked through all of the last 24 hours of Event Viewer and didn't see anything GPU related. I am on Turing versus your Ampere, maybe that has something to do with it.
Looks very random so far. But it's ~99% driver's fault, so imho just stay away from it, unless you're ok with potential random GPU app crashes. Really wonder how this could slip through.
I'm working on testing a slew of titles myself to find out which are and aren't affected, i'll be starting with some of nvidia's opengl tech demo's from the Tesla generation and up.
Uningine opengl is confirmed broken as an update.
Smooth driver, i'll stick with this one for a while. No issues here.
Yes that's what usually happens and I do disconnect the net when doing driver uninstall/reinstalls. This time it went poo. Now my whole machine will not start and I cannot even reinstall win11, it tells me my machine is not able to run it (it has done so for several years)
I can't tell you as ~1 fps difference even on a 50 isn't "better" or "worse" IMO. You won't be able to spot this difference outside of a benchmark run.
Had destiny 2 freeze my pc after about 15 minutes of using this driver. Never had this happen before. Reverted back to previous driver and all is fine again. 3090 and 5950x
Sounds like your bios has reset to windows 11 incompatible settings.
Probably placebo, but for me these drivers are silky smooth in win11 desktop (still on 21H2) and in a couple of games, Fortnite and FFXIV (thats all i played in the last couple days).
Seemed the same as last driver for me on installing, but then later i rebooted for something else and my desktop felt noticeably smoother moving mouse and basic moving around explorer windows. (I use 100hz for my desktop, connected to LG tv).
Can't say that I notice anything being different on the desktop, on either a 60, 120 or 144 displays here.
Our QA team was not able to reproduce this. Can you share more details? Specifically:
1. What resolution were you running at?
2. Were you running multiple monitors?
3. What settings are you using in the Unigine benchmark?
4. What settings did you change in the NVIDIA Control Panel from the default settings?