NVIDIA GeForce 516.40 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 15, 2022.

1. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Yes, in your imagination. But that doesn't count (it unfortunately doesn't ever).

Mineria likes this.
  2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti GamingZ Trio
    Mate you need to realise just because you have some issues there is always going to be people who do not

Getting pissy about it is not going to help anyone is it

Agree to Disagree and job done

3. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    The open issue list also indicates that there are issues, some of these are directly related to driver version/versions.
    It is rarely more or less stable across all games/systems though, with 516.40 I only had issues with one game freezing and the two before mentioned blanks.
    Also take note of that Nvidia might only test with reference design and values, anything apart from that isn't really their problem.
    I had to back down to reference on both my previous ASUS Strix 2080S as this TUF 3080 Ti for them to run stable 24/7 with all drivers when looking away from that there might be a single game or two having an issues with a specific driver.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    kind relevent seeing it part drivers, NVaudio drivers, does it allow us to pick 7.1/5.1 audio from it speaker config when connected to TV which would send that audio to Avr threw arc?

I ask cause i dont feel like reinstall nvidia driver with ther NVaudio drivers installed i have MS driver installed and it will send only stereo i cant even change it from stereo in config

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090
    I have not seen such a bad driver for my pc configuration on a very , very long time :/ . Really bad drivers for me and my configuration. I tried everything suggested on this thread and google it my problems and i could not solve them at all , " All Forza Horizon games FH3 - FH4 -FH5 have pixelated / jaggies / artifacts during gameplay " and it is not only me as some of my friends who i play online with have the exact same problem as me , not everyone will get this bug. It did ruin my gaming experience and i was forced to unistall this new drivers 516.40 and go back to older driver 512.95 wish completely solve the problems my friends and I were having on this latest release.

If you suffer from this game braking bug on Forza Horizon 5 / 4 / 3 for now the only solution it's to go back to older drivers 512.95 wish will work flawlessly , in the meanwhile nvidia is working on a fix for this as i submited a full report to manuel g.

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Think it sends bit stream, so no need to select anything in the driver since your decoding happens external.

7. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Except that I don't only put my own situation into consideration, but have seen reports from other people with vastly different systems that showed exactly zero Nvidia driver crashes in the logs for months (or much longer) before, whereas 516.40 can even produce several crashes per day.
    When you ignore that, you simply have poor judgement and your opinion is worthless. Nothing else to say.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I manual installed them TV only recognized Stereo period, use my tv arc out put 7.1/5.1 seem to be non happen thing, but i now realized the reason why I never installed Nvidia drivers in first place. I know the tv reconized DD/5.1 just fine cause see it from Dishs hdmi input when channel is using DD.

Every time I switch to HDMI out the Audio driver is not found or even recognized till I switch back to monitor (dvi) and back to hdmi (tv), and i remeber complain have that issue last time i use Nvidia audio drivers. If i cant get TV to even recognize 5.1/7.1 to arc it out to avr unit hdmi i not gona install nvidia drivers, there no point cause i get only stereo from ms drivers but i dont have switch from Dvi to hdmi to dvi to hdmi just to get audio out for hdmi to even showup and work.

unless someone know why this happening.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Yah i not gona deal with that issue and it only happen with Nvidia HD audio drivers.

@ManuelG

Is there a reason why this bug was never fixed? I pretty sure i reported this years back when i last tried. I cant see being Window problem cause Windows always see HD audio each and every time and is selectable, just does not automatticly swith windows to HDMI HDAudio out

At every reboot/startup with Nvidia HD audio installed
    win+p go from Seconday(dvi) to Primary(hdmi) there is NO Nvidia HD audio available or even select-able in audio play back device ( no sound at all)
    win+p go from Primary back to Secondary and then back to Primary and Nvidia HD audio availble and selectable audio play back device

It reason why i stop using Nvidia HD audio and just MS HD audio, if i getting same audio out both I gona use driver that dont dont have above issue.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    What does your entire setup look alike?
    TV shouldn't do the decoding if you use an external decoder, are you using pass trough with the TV and enabled CEC?
    EARC should also be set to default.

You can always install the NV HD Audio driver only by extracting the package and going via device manager, you might even want to use one of the older audio drivers instead of the most recent one, seems the recent ones have their issues with Atmos and maybe even other stuff.
    Quoting myself from another thread:
    @TheDigitalJedi
    Which NV HD Audio driver version works the best with your setup?

11. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Tried to see how it behave with clocks and powerlimit set to reference?
    I still think that the core issue lays in that some cards from Nvidia's board partners have higher power limits, 516.40 might push something that makes those go higher than previously.
    Going with my TUF's default values was the only way I could replicate them crashes in the past with one problematic driver, didn't try with this set though since I went to 516.48 instead.

Also think that several crashes per day might damage some components on the card in the long run, there must be some that aren't up to spec, since it shouldn't crash to begin with.

@ManuelG
    I have one question that would be nice to know the next time I buy an Nvidia card.
    Would crashes caused by being of reference be something that a board partner can be held reliable for?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    I think such crashes shouldn't affect hardware health. Also, it's not hard crashes, but mostly just soft driver recovery, which probably is why many affected users probably don't even recognize it (screen might not even show black flicker when it crashes).

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nobody suffers from this resolution issue because you created it yourself through your global nvcp settings.

14. BoomSlang001

BoomSlang001 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 FE
    I couldn't even make it through a single round in Halo: Infinite without my computer completely shutting down in an instant. I "downgraded" to 512.95 and have had no issues since. I hadn't had issues for the past couple of years with any driver and update regularly. So, yeah... I hope they figure this mess out and don't carry it into subsequent drivers.

chispy likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    When i borrowed HDMI receiver it was setup as GPU HDMI>TV>TV ARC>AVR in all cases all i got stereo out. no option to pick 5.1/7.1 like i do with Realtek optical out/Analog out . DD is supported by hdmi out but never does 5.1/7.1 of anykind. and cant be forced so all my tv see is stereo and that what is passed to avr. Nvidia HD audio or MS HD audio drivers same out come. No problem the realtek onboard sending 5.1 to avr via optical cable. at same time the arc out from that tv to avr will pass DD/DTS 5.1 just fine from dish and ps4/ps5 with out changing anything on tv settings pretty much ever channel on dish say DD audio is being received by the tv which what get passed to avr so i know the issue is not the tv. that or i am doing something wrong with in windows and it config? but i can only choose stereo. I have since gave back avr cause it was for test purposes.

But that all side I not will to deal with what ever is causing the NVidia HDaudio driver to not enable output to hdmi upon first switch to every reboot/boot. I cant even pick output via audio>select playback device cause it only list realtek device. I have switch from HDMI back DVI display and back to HDMI display with win+p to have audio and actual see the hdmi out in the select playback device. this problem dont appear with MS hd audio drivers and it been long standing issue with nvidia hd audio

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Drivers do not cause or prevent full system shutdowns, your card is drawing too much for the capabilities of your psu.

17. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I played around with 1.3.38.93 and 1.3.38.94 and the sounds are really good. The rear speakers give me louder and more articulate sounds when utilizing Dolby Atmos. The audio is successfully bouncing all over the room. I didn't have any skipping or drops. The static sound and Morris Code beeps while videos being on autoplay were not present. Changing the resolution while ingame did not cause the sound to drop which required a game restart to restore audio.

I'm using the LGSN9YG Soundbar and Subwoofer with the SPK8-S Rear Speaker Kit for my PC setup. It is a great experience.

All formats are working fine. I'm very happy with the results. Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    Mineria likes this.
  18. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    NP with FH5 or FM7 on my side, TBF this driver have a little better Lows with Forza.
    Besides that it's Fine for me with other games as well.
    FH5, FM7, BF 2042, M. Guardians of the Galaxy and other games working like a charm.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
    TheDigitalJedi and chispy like this.
  19. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I've also seen this because of heat issues and also because of too low Voltages on my CPU - so another two things to look after. Especially during summer.

20. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel ARC A770
    On windows 11? because I have experienced that windows LTSC 2021 what is based on windows 10 is less power consuming on my intel i9 12900k makes 10 degrees difference with windows 11 it's higher temperature then with windows 10 on my CPU while the load seems to be same percentage